• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PEROTISTA’S 2016 SENATE, HOUSE and PRESIDENTIAL FORECAST March 2016

PEROTISTA’S 2016 SENATE, HOUSE and PRESIDENTIAL FORECAST March 2016

Currently there are 54 Republicans and 46 Democrats in the Current Senate.

Safe Democratic seats 8: California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, New York, Oregon, Vermont, Washington. The Democrats have two at risks seats this election cycle, Colorado and Nevada.

Safe Republican seats (16): Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah. The Republicans have seven at risks seats this election cycle, Florida, Illinois, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

Competitive senate races: With all these presidential primaries going on there has been only 3 senate races that new information was received. They are Arizona, New Hampshire and Ohio. All other senate races remain the same as last month.

Arizona McCain R – McCain leads Democrat Ann Kirkpatrick 38-37. Kirkpatrick over the last two months has closed a 6 point McCain advantage to one. Kirkpatrick is still relative unknown in Arizona, but as she becomes more well known, her numbers improve. I am changing Arizona from a Republican hold to a Democratic gain as it seems Kirkpatrick has the big mo on her side. Democratic gain 53-47

Colorado Bennet D – Bennet looks like a sure winner. I am tempted to place Colorado in the safe Democratic group. But I will hold off for another month. Democratic Hold 53 R 47 D

Florida Rubio R – Jolly looks like he will win the Republican nomination to replace Rubio and Grayson the Democratic senate nomination. These two are in a dead even match up at the present. If I thought either Bush or Rubio would be heading the GOP ticket, I would go with Jolly. But since it looks like Trump, I am sticking with the Democrat. Democratic gain. 52 R 48 D

Illinois Kirk R – With no new polling out of Illinois this month, I am sticking with Democrat Tammy Duckworth to win. Illinois is dark blue and Kirk is not well liked. Democratic gain 51 R 49 D

Nevada Reid D – A two-month old poll has Republican Joe Heck with a 47-37 lead over Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto. Based on that I am sticking with the Republican. Republican gain 52 R 48 D

New Hampshire Ayotte R – Ayotte leads Democratic Governor Hassan 45-41 and 45-40 in the two new recent polls. Looking at the independents, they give Ayotte a plus 20 favorability rating vs. Hassan’s plus 6. Based on this I am switch New Hampshire to a Republican hold. Republican hold 52 R 48 D

North Carolina Burr R – The Republican incumbent continues to lead Democrat Deborah Ross by 10 and 11 points. Republican hold 52 R 48 D

Ohio Portman R – Democratic challenger Strickland continues to lead the incumbent Portman in two new polls, 41-40 and 44-42. This means this race is a dead heat. But independents have a more favorable view of Portman than Strickland. Since I think independents will decide this race, I am staying with Portman. Republican hold 52 R 48 D

Pennsylvania Toomey R – Sestak leads McGinty by 5 points for the Democratic nomination to challenge Toomey. Outside of that there has been no new information coming out of Pennsylvania. Either one of these two Democrats should be able to defeat Toomey in November. Democratic gain. 51 R 49 D

Wisconsin Johnson R – Democrat Russ Feingold has expanded his lead over Johnson to 13 points. No contest in November. Democratic gain 50 R 50 D

This month there were two changes, New Hampshire went from a Democratic gain to a Republican hold and Arizona from a Republican hold to a Democratic gain. Those changes canceled each other out and we still have a 50-50 tie.

House of Representatives

Currently the House of Representative consists of 247 Republicans and 188 Democrats. For 2016 the Republicans have 29 seats at risk vs. the Democrats 7. The other 399 seats have at least a 90% chance of staying with the party that currently holds them. In the end the Republicans will lose 16 of their 29 at risk seats while the Democrats lose 1 of their 7. The Democrats will have a net gain of 15 seats and the new House will have 232 Republicans to 203 Democrats. The net gain of 15 seats for the Democrats is 1 more than last month.

Presidential Election

Using party affiliation/identification figures along with favorable/unfavorable ratings and polls between Clinton and Trump, their party’s leading candidates for their nomination. Here are this month’s results.

Hillary Clinton rose this month from 47.9% to 49.5%. But Donald Trump took a nose dive from 46.3% last month to 42.9% this month. The main reason for Clinton’s lead of 49.5% to 42.9% over Trump was in the number of independents who choose to support her instead of Trump. Clinton leads in the independent vote 45-37 over Trump. Still we have 15% of independents stating they would not vote or vote for someone else if November came down to a Trump vs. Clinton match up. 5% of the total electorate are still stating they would vote for someone else if their choice is between Trump and Clinton, unchanged from last month.

On the Electoral College side there were two major changes, Florida and North Carolina switched from Trump to Clinton this month. With three new polls in each of those two states, Clinton erased a two-point deficit into a 7-point lead in Florida and a 6-point lead in North Carolina. Last month Clinton lead Trump 294 to 244, this month she has extended her lead to 338-200.

2015 Electoral Vote Tabulation Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump
April Electoral Vote R 238 D 300
May Electoral Vote R 233 D 305
June Electoral Vote R 204 D 334
July Electoral Vote 219 D 319
August Electoral Vote R 248 D 290
September Electoral vote R 241 D 297
October Electoral vote R 212 D 326
November Electoral vote R 197 D 341
December Electoral vote R 200 D 338
January Electoral vote R 244 D 294
February Electoral vote R 244 D 294
March Electoral vote R 200 D 338

Pero, if I weren't keeping up with what's going on in DC, I would be astonished at your results this month. Unfortunately what you see happening is real life bull**** at the moment, so I can't disagree with you. All the talk about a GOP contested or brokered convention is keeping many people on edge and ready to join a revolution, since it appears their votes won't matter to the hierarchy, and that is terribly unfair and asking for trouble, IMO. Trump is not my choice, but he is for millions of voters! How are we doing on the colonization of Mars? :beam: .. :mrgreen:

polgara;bt3438 said:
Pero, if I weren't keeping up with what's going on in DC, I would be astonished at your results this month. Unfortunately what you see happening is real life bull**** at the moment, so I can't disagree with you. All the talk about a GOP contested or brokered convention is keeping many people on edge and ready to join a revolution, since it appears their votes won't matter to the hierarchy, and that is terribly unfair and asking for trouble, IMO. Trump is not my choice, but he is for millions of voters! How are we doing on the colonization of Mars? :beam: .. :mrgreen:

As of to date, Trump has received a grand total of 37% of the total Republican vote cast. That means either or both 63% of Republicans have voted either against Trump or for someone else. Trump is far from a conscientious candidate that his supporters want everyone to believe. They tout the votes he has got, but ignore the ones he didn't.

Trump should get the necessary 1237 delegates needed to avoid a contested convention. I think he will be the GOP nominee for all the good that nomination will do him.

Unitedwestand13;bt3439 said:
Pero, why are you keeping Iowa in the safe colum for republicans? Chuck grassley has just landed himself a tough opponent in Patty Judge.

Also, grassley is not handling the pressure of the Supreme Court nomination.

Grassley has less than 'cordial' meeting with reporters on Supreme Court | WHO Radio

Tell you the truth, I haven't paid much attention to Iowa. The main reason is there hasn't been any polls since August of last year. But thanks for the heads up, I will add Iowa to my watch list.

Perotista;bt3441 said:
Tell you the truth, I haven't paid much attention to Iowa. The main reason is there hasn't been any polls since August of last year. But thanks for the heads up, I will add Iowa to my watch list.

Look at news articles in Iowa relating to chuck grassley and his position on the Supreme Court vacancy.

Perotista;bt3440 said:
As of to date, Trump has received a grand total of 37% of the total Republican vote cast. That means either or both 63% of Republicans have voted either against Trump or for someone else. Trump is far from a conscientious candidate that his supporters want everyone to believe. They tout the votes he has got, but ignore the ones he didn't.

Trump should get the necessary 1237 delegates needed to avoid a contested convention. I think he will be the GOP nominee for all the good that nomination will do him.

I think you meant consensus there, but that was a hilarious mistake if you see what I mean.

And great job on this as always, I do look forward to these every month.

Unitedwestand13;bt3442 said:
Look at news articles in Iowa relating to chuck grassley and his position on the Supreme Court vacancy.

Will do, I appreciate the heads up.

Redress;bt3443 said:
I think you meant consensus there, but that was a hilarious mistake if you see what I mean.

And great job on this as always, I do look forward to these every month.

Geez, yep. I definitely mean consensus. Dang spell check. The important thing is you knew exactly what I mean and I gave you a good laugh and everyone has a smile on their face. Yeah, in a way both words do apply.

Back
Top Bottom