• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perfume, Colognes, and Body Sprays.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
For our Ladies of Debate Politics.....do you wear perfume or body sprays? Body Lotion etc etc. If so What is your Favorite perfume and other product used.

Also.....when meeting a Guy, or going out with a significant other and or husband. Do you wear a Special Perfume and or other product than you Normally wear?

For the men of Debate Politics.....do you wear a cologne or aftershave? Body spray and or Lotion?

Same Question applies. Do you wear a Special Cologne or aftershave When first meeting a woman. Or going out with a significant other and or wife. That you don't normally wear.

Myself.....I wear Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave. No Cologne and don't change up with any other.

lrgscale952227_a.jpg

An average person can differentiate between 4,000 and 10,000 different scents.

I do not usually. To me it all ends up smelling like strong Dial soap and nauseates me. Something about my body chemistry causes cologne to not smell the same on me as it does on other people. I am not diabetic but I have had more than one person tell me when I get wet, my skin smells lightly fruity to them.

I broke up with a girl one time because her favorite new perfume that she wore everywhere gave me a migraine headache though I didn't tell her that was why because there was no point because she clearly would have chosen that nastiness over me anyway.

Many colognes and perfumes give me a banger of a headache, especially when someone doesn't understand the 'a little goes a long way' statement.

I don't wear perfume much, but Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue is what I have. I also have several lightly scented lotions, but rarely wear them.

Personally, the collision of scents nowadays usually gives me a headache. Laundry detergents, fabric softeners, perfumes, colognes, body sprays, hair products, cosmetics, air fresheners, car fresheners, hand sanitizers.... the list goes on and on....

For our Ladies of Debate Politics.....do you wear perfume or body sprays? Body Lotion etc etc. If so What is your Favorite perfume and other product used.

Also.....when meeting a Guy, or going out with a significant other and or husband. Do you wear a Special Perfume and or other product than you Normally wear?

For the men of Debate Politics.....do you wear a cologne or aftershave? Body spray and or Lotion?

Same Question applies. Do you wear a Special Cologne or aftershave When first meeting a woman. Or going out with a significant other and or wife. That you don't normally wear.

Myself.....I wear Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave. No Cologne and don't change up with any other.

lrgscale952227_a.jpg

l usually wear my own favorite perfumes if l want to wear

images

also l like lemon cologne

The sea breeze air freshener my wife keeps in her car guarantees I don't step foot inside that sneeze machine

l usually wear my own favorite perfumes if l want to wear

also l like lemon cologne

I admit to a lemongrass-sage body spray, but it too is very light and fades rather quickly. I do like most citrus scents.

The sea breeze air freshener my wife keeps in her car guarantees I don't step foot inside that sneeze machine

I can rarely make it through the scented candle department without a sneeze or eye rub....

I admit to a lemongrass-sage body spray, but it too is very light and fades rather quickly. I do like most citrus scents.

yes gottaa

lemon and ocean scent are refreshing

Many colognes and perfumes give me a banger of a headache, especially when someone doesn't understand the 'a little goes a long way' statement.

I don't wear perfume much, but Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue is what I have. I also have several lightly scented lotions, but rarely wear them.

Personally, the collision of scents nowadays usually gives me a headache. Laundry detergents, fabric softeners, perfumes, colognes, body sprays, hair products, cosmetics, air fresheners, car fresheners, hand sanitizers.... the list goes on and on....

Heya GG.
hat.gif
Yeah.....I had a buddy who couldn't wear Colognes or aftershaves. Was also allergic to most animals, Laundry detergents and soaps and women's perfumes. He would literally break out in rashes just being around any of the stuff.

Which didn't count anything messing with his eyes or headaches. A lot of the dyes in laundry soap use to give him problems as well.

I can rarely make it through the scented candle department without a sneeze or eye rub....

I like walking into one of those Candle making shops and smelling all the different scented candles. Its not the same in Wally-World or Tarjay. Bath and bodyworks isn't either.

Although I think would rather smell a woman with her perfume over scented candles and or some incense.

I do unscented deodorant and a very lightly scented aftershave (since I haven't been able to find an unscented one).

A light, masculine scent can be pleasing. Overwhelming stench is not. Not only will overpowering perfumes/colognes give me a headache, they will often make my eyes water and send me into a non-stop sneezing fit. I don't personally wear any scents, beyond a lightly-scented shampoo.

Heya GG.
hat.gif
Yeah.....I had a buddy who couldn't wear Colognes or aftershaves. Was also allergic to most animals, Laundry detergents and soaps and women's perfumes. He would literally break out in rashes just being around any of the stuff.

Which didn't count anything messing with his eyes or headaches. A lot of the dyes in laundry soap use to give him problems as well.

I'm not allergic to animals that I know off, it's just chemical smells (which most cologne or perfume is) just gets right up my nose.

Considering today's society want's everything to have a scent, your friend must be having a hellofa go from it....

I like walking into one of those Candle making shops and smelling all the different scented candles. Its not the same in Wally-World or Tarjay. Bath and bodyworks isn't either.

Although I think would rather smell a woman with her perfume over scented candles and or some incense.

And such is the reason most wear it. :wink:

I like clean, soapy scents. My son loves axe... but it's pretty strong.

I live the sent of a man when I can only smell his Cologne when I'm in just personal space. Nothing that I can smell a mile away.

Personally, I wear "Blue" by Ralph Lauren. A little goes a long way, and I've gotten several compliments on it. I also wear "Design" by Sebastian. Much cheaper and another clean-y scent.

I sometimes wear perfume - Daisy by Marc Jacobs

I'm not allergic to animals that I know off, it's just chemical smells (which most cologne or perfume is) just gets right up my nose.

Considering today's society want's everything to have a scent, your friend must be having a hellofa go from it....

Yeah he does.....so would you wear the Perfume as something special when going out with a guy that you wanted to be with? Since you don't wear the perfume all the time?

Yeah he does.....so would you wear the Perfume as something special when going out with a guy that you wanted to be with? Since you don't wear the perfume all the time?

That would depend... If I'm going to dinner or something like that, yes. To the rodeo, maybe not :lol:

lrgscale952227_a.jpg

While I have no negative physical reactions - I think cologne tends to just become disgusting. I hate smelling it. Personal scents should be mild, if used at all, not strong enough to fill a room and smell someone as they walk by.

I don't think this is the guy's fault - it's the fault of the manufacturers who have, for whatever reason, decided that a little spritz of cologne should be enough to fumigate a school classroom with an hour of exposure.

No one should be smellable from across a room.

While I have no negative physical reactions - I think cologne tends to just become disgusting. I hate smelling it. Personal scents should be mild, if used at all, not strong enough to fill a room and smell someone as they walk by.

I don't think this is the guy's fault - it's the fault of the manufacturers who have, for whatever reason, decided that a little spritz of cologne should be enough to fumigate a school classroom with an hour of exposure.

No one should be smellable from across a room.

So whats your favorite Auntie Mmmmm and would you wear one to be out specifically for a night with your OM. Something you would consider special?

Yeah.....I don't think aftershaves last like colognes either.

So whats your favorite Auntie Mmmmm and would you wear one to be out specifically for a night with your OM. Something you would consider special?

Yeah.....I don't think aftershaves last like colognes either.

See - aftershave seems to be ok. I don't recall ever smelling it without being in close contact with someone and that is the overall purpose of a personal scent. Maybe some colognes fit into that category - when it's mild, I just don't notice, as things should be.

Myself: I don't use perfume/body sprays - I ensure I don't smell bad with proper bathing, etc. Get close - and you'll smell fresh linen detergent on my clothes. LOL

My husband doesn't like anything strong, either. In fact - he doesn't even need deodorant (like - he genuinely doesn't smell bad, ever, when he sweats) and complains that all products marketed toward men smell like musk and other strong scents. He doesn't use anything aside his preferred body wash, which is a fruit scent of some nature.

In the hygiene department, for myself, I opt for vanilla scented soaps and such of the mild nature - and baby powder scented deodorant.

I'm not much of a makeup girl, but I love to smell good. Got that from my father, who got it from his mother. My middle daughter is the same way. A fiend over perfumes. Her taste is much more expensive than mine. :lol: I've worn expensive perfume, as well as $10 a bottle stuff. Doesn't matter to me, so long as I like the way it smells. Lots of times, I'll wear Bath & Body Works stuff, too. Body mist, lotions, etc.

Also, I love a good smelling man. Nothing is sexier than a man who smells great.

I like Daisy. I have a bottle of that, and a bottle of Eternity. I have a little Giorgio, a little Giorgio Blue and a couple more shots of Red. I love White Diamonds, Cinnabar, good grief, I could go on forever about perfumes. I'm usually pretty easy to buy for for Christmas and my birthday.

As far as laundry, I go whole hog. I buy Gain Original Scent, those new Downy caplets that scent the water, Downy fabric softener and Bounce Dryer sheets. Love my laundry to smell good. I also use scented Pine Sol to clean with, and use melted wax to make my house smell good. I'm all about smelling good. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom