• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perfect example of why we need to ban firearms

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...-attack-on-senior-in-capitol-heights/3019179/

Woman gets carjacked, robbed, beaten up and now has two broken bones. If she had a gun, however, and tried to defend herself someone might have been hurt or killed. Even worse, the suspects could have taken her gun and killed her.

I would also note that the woman resisted the attack. If she hadn't resisted the attackers would have just left and if she hadn't run away then the attackers wouldn't have been forced to tackler her again. This is all a prime example of why we have crime and white supremacy in this country!

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...-attack-on-senior-in-capitol-heights/3019179/

Woman gets carjacked, robbed, beaten up and now has two broken bones. If she had a gun, however, and tried to defend herself someone might have been hurt or killed. Even worse, the suspects could have taken her gun and killed her.

I would also note that the woman resisted the attack. If she hadn't resisted the attackers would have just left and if she hadn't run away then the attackers wouldn't have been forced to tackler her again. This is all a prime example of why we have crime and white supremacy in this country!

Remind us how much gun violence they have in Singapore and Japan?

Remind us how much gun violence they have in Singapore and Japan?
almost as much as they have fourth amendment freedoms

Didn't realize you were that jealous of their low murder rates!
didn't realize that sarcasm was something you understand almost as well as gun issues

That’s a big assumption.

didn't realize that sarcasm was something you understand almost as well as gun issues

Maybe someday you'll finally figure out what we want. Maybe.

Anyone notice how @Lutherf never supports a word of his bullshit with any sort of direct evidence or argument?

He finds an article about one of the 1,400,000 yearly violent crimes in America. Quite literally nothing he said has anything to do with the events described in the article. Just the usual dumbassed grandstanding, and what he bizarrely thinks is a hilarious delivery on his part.

At least this time he didn't use dead children or the like. Most of these threads rape the biggest tragedy they can find.

From what I can see none of the criminals had guns. it was a simple snatch and grab. If the victim had a gun and started shooting it would not have been self defense it would have been someone trying to shoot another in the back as they ran away. Revenge is what that is called.

Do not bother with any argument that she could have shot them before the snatch in defense unless someone wants to argue that americans are to stupid to carry out something as simple as a snatch and grab robbery.

This reminds me of the attitude that women shouldn't wear sexy or sleazy clothing because that causes people to rape her.

This reminds me of the attitude that women shouldn't wear sexy or sleazy clothing because that causes people to rape her.
The idea that self defense is not a valid reason to own or carry a firearm is at the core of the anti-gun narrative mongers in this nation and around the globe.

The idea that self defense is not a valid reason to own or carry a firearm is at the core of the anti-gun narrative mongers in this nation and around the globe.
I was referring more to the "If she hadn't resisted" part.

btw, If she had a firearm and someone got killed or injured, don't you think it should be the fault of the attackers? After all, they were the ones committing a crime. She is just trying to defend herself.

How about if someone enters another person's home and the homeowner tried to defend themselves with a firearm? If the homeowner ends up injured or killed, is that the fault of the homeowner? Or the person committing the crime of trespassing?

We can't have unlimited freedoms... It can't work that way.. Just like we really don't have unlimited democracy here..

Goes to the whole you can't yell fire in a crowded theater argument...

From what I can see none of the criminals had guns. it was a simple snatch and grab. If the victim had a gun and started shooting it would not have been self defense it would have been someone trying to shoot another in the back as they ran away. Revenge is what that is called.

Do not bother with any argument that she could have shot them before the snatch in defense unless someone wants to argue that americans are to stupid to carry out something as simple as a snatch and grab robbery.

I noticed the disclaimer in attempt to dissuade an argument agianst it, duly noted and dismissed.

Many states allow deadly force to defend property. While I wouldn't say to shoot anyone in the back, it's unlikely anyone would procecute a 60 year old woman with 4 attackers on top of her. Good luck with that.

I was referring more to the "If she hadn't resisted" part.

btw, If she had a firearm and someone got killed or injured, don't you think it should be the fault of the attackers? After all, they were the ones committing a crime. She is just trying to defend herself.

How about if someone enters another person's home and the homeowner tried to defend themselves with a firearm? If the homeowner ends up injured or killed, is that the fault of the homeowner? Or the person committing the crime of trespassing?
If the homeowner didn't own a home then nobody would be feeling deprived of his wealth and therefore have a moral obligation to enter and rob said home. If the robber gets hurt then that is likely because the homeowner had something unsafe in his or her residence and the homeowner should be charged appropriately.

I noticed the disclaimer in attempt to dissuade an argument agianst it, duly noted and dismissed.

Many states allow deadly force to defend property. While I wouldn't say to shoot anyone in the back, it's unlikely anyone would procecute a 60 year old woman with 4 attackers on top of her. Good luck with that.
What disclaimer is that? I pointed out facts nothing else.
The point I made would hold true regardless of age.
Defending property is not self defense.

If Obama had sons, they would look just like those 4 men.

What disclaimer is that? I pointed out facts nothing else.
The point I made would hold true regardless of age.
Defending property is not self defense.
4 men attacking a 60+ year old womans is grounds for self defense by any means necessary.

Are americans so stupid that they need instructions on how to do a simple snatch and grab?
4 men attacking a 60+ year old woman is grounds for self defense by any means necessary.

If you watched the video you can make up your own mind on the intelligence of the attacker. That is however irrelevant to the FACT the 4 men attacking a 60+ year old woman should justifiably be shot in self defense. YOU however are free to be a victim as much as you like...and the only real justice where would be if it happened to someone you gave a **** about.

It's around 35 more days until the next high profile mass shooting. I expect the same arguments yet again.

4 men attacking a 60+ year old woman is grounds for self defense by any means necessary.

If you watched the video you can make up your own mind on the intelligence of the attacker. That is however irrelevant to the FACT the 4 men attacking a 60+ year old woman should justifiably be shot in self defense. YOU however are free to be a victim as much as you like...and the only real justice where would be if it happened to someone you gave a **** about.
It looked and was described as a snatch and grab. Meaning they ran up grabbed her handbag and ran. Unless they are stupid and gave her warning then she would not be aware until the deed was done. At that point the best she can do is get revenge by trying to kill one of them as they run away. Not self defense, just murder justified by revenge.

There is no wanting to be a victim. There is also not wanting random strangers pulling out guns and killing for revenge.

If the homeowner didn't own a home then nobody would be feeling deprived of his wealth and therefore have a moral obligation to enter and rob said home. If the robber gets hurt then that is likely because the homeowner had something unsafe in his or her residence and the homeowner should be charged appropriately.
Reminds me of what a Florida friend of mine went up against trying to defend his daughter from an attack in their home. There is a Fla law that fell into the "Required Sentencing" hole. He is a small person, the perp, was not, and Lee only fired a warning shot to get the perp to stop. 20 years, a ruined family, and ruined life, Lee is in prison and will not get out for many years. He is a good person, who I would trust with my life:

Father-of-two who was given 20-year prison sentence for firing a warning shot to scare violent thug who was threatening his family.

Back
Top Bottom