• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perceived Nazi salute in Wisconsin

Thoreau72

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin...to-students-posing-apparent/story?id=59166523

I watched this story unfold during the last 2 evening news sessions on ABC.

Night One we were told it was perceived as a Nazi salute, as covered in the story link.

Night Two the man who took the senior photo explained that he had merely asked the graduating seniors to "wave good-bye" to their high school.

How and why did the narrative that it was a Nazi salute get started?

Does this belong in the Bias In the Media section?

How can such a narrative get started when it is so wrong?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin...to-students-posing-apparent/story?id=59166523

Night One we were told it was perceived as a Nazi salute, as covered in the story link.

Night Two the man who took the senior photo explained that he had merely asked the graduating seniors to "wave good-bye" to their high school.

"Percieved"

Yeah, with that guy in the front showing the white power hand signal, that's pretty much a handy hint what they were thinking. And they weren't 'waving good-bye' in that shot.

Please try again.

https://www.newsweek.com/photograph...chool-nazi-salute-pic-claims-students-1214975

"But student Jordan Blue, who was one of the only students in the picture who refused to make the gesture, disputed Gust’s claim.

“No he didn’t,” said Blue, of Gust’s claim that he had asked the students to wave. He said Gust had asked them to raise one hand."

Last edited:

the left wing media is terrified of .0000000081 percent of the US population.

good for ratings i guess

If Americans believe these young men were merely waving ..."hi to mommy and daddy", America has some serious problems.

"Percieved"

Yeah, with that guy in the front showing the white power hand signal, that's pretty much a handy hint what they were thinking. And they weren't 'waving good-bye' in that shot.

Please try again.

I know from past experience with your posts that the last thing you are interested in is the truth.

I can remember posing for such pictures when I was that age, and I can also remember that many cut up during such photo ops. In those fairly innocent days, one of the things kids did was hold the split finger sign behind the head of a person next to him or in front of him, making the person appear in the photo to have horns or whatever. Kids that age cut up.

In fact, the photographer was interviewed by either NBC or ABC, and he made it clear that his request was they wave good-bye. In that regard, the media did its job by night two and at least interviewed the photographer. The media, on night two, put the event into perspective from the photographer.

The curious thing to me is who got the ball rolling on this "horrible display of Nazi salutes"? How did that get started. Yes, I'm probably asking the wrong person.

Stupid to automatically think it's a Hitlergruß, I agree.

But, they should have known there are enough triggered idiots in the country to turn this into a cluster****.

If Americans believe these young men were merely waving ..."hi to mommy and daddy", America has some serious problems.

Oh they don't sir, they don't! As you and others demonstrate, Americans are scared silly. They are in firm control of their inner cowards and demons.

They just know that these kids are all young Nazis, and that ISIS is going to invade America, probably are embedded in the peasants coming from the south.

Americans easily believe what isn't so, and adamantly refuse to believe what is so. You wear it well.

Anyone who believes they weren't, is ****ed in the head.

Stupid to automatically think it's a Hitlergruß, I agree.

But, they should have known there are enough triggered idiots in the country to turn this into a cluster****.

We have no instance in our America culture to raise our arm and hand to that position.

What instance would an American use that salute?

If americans are so worried about there being more than .00001 percent of the country who is or sympathizes with Nazis and thus start seeing them behind every corner, Americans have a BIG problem.

we have a BIG problem. with sensationalism.

the guy said he snapped the camera at the wrong time in the article... if one simply cannot let that be and think that this leads to gas chambers or something stupid like that then people need to calm down.

A convenient photo that can be used to keep the narrative alive. Of course it'll be seized upon by the multimedia echo chamber.

We have no instance in our America culture to raise our arm and hand to that position.

What instance would an American use that salute?

Some young boys were egged on.... The old man who should have known better chose to take the photo.

Wow, there must have been some serious fraud going on to get Trump elected, because according to numerous studies published in peer reviewed journals, racism was one of the primary forces driving Trump voters:

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

wtf is the 'pacific standard' and what does it have to do with nazis being .0000000081 percent of the US population?

did you mean to respond to someone else or are ya pulling a hillary?

Waving good bye and the Bellamy Salute.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute

Not according to a student who was there

But student Jordan Blue, who was one of the only students in the picture who refused to make the gesture, disputed Gust’s claim.

“No he didn’t,” said Blue, of Gust’s claim that he had asked the students to wave. He said Gust had asked them to raise one hand.

“Which doesn’t give a bunch of teenagers a lot of guidance on how to raise their hands,” Blue said. “I felt upset, unsafe, disappointed and scared. I felt unsafe because I go to school with them, I don’t believe in what they represented and the symbol they shared … they knew it was wrong, but they still did it.”

I'm always surprised at how many Americans come out and defend or deny blatant White Supremacist behaviour. No wonder these kids think it's OK, their president has publicly supported some KKK and Neo Nazis:

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

A convenient photo that can be used to keep the narrative alive. Of course it'll be seized upon by the multimedia echo chamber.

Your president does that all by himself. By publicly supporting the KKK and Neo Nazis:

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

By running a campaign based on fear, hatred, and racism:

With racist ad, Trump sinks to a new low

And by using every opportunity he sees to attack brown skinned people to energize his base.

so you are claiming these students are practitioners of the Bellamy Salute?

...to my question, The Bellamy salute is not an American house-hold cultural practice.

In the article, one of the students at the school states that the students knew it was a Nazi salute.

Wow, there must have been some serious fraud going on to get Trump elected, because according to numerous studies published in peer reviewed journals, racism was one of the primary forces driving Trump voters:

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

yeah I trust that research like i trust snake oil salesmen. almost half of the country voted for Trump. if all those people are racist you honestly believe they would be sitting around hiding it? ashamed of the fact? they wouldn't be trying to stop illegal immigrants humanely and give them a place to live while working out their immigrant status, they would want them shot for trying to cross the border, with NO warning or cause.

what you think actual evil nazi racists are afraid of the Democratic voter base for some reason that if they are so numerous as to represent half the country they have to hide? why exactly?

otherwise, if everyone on that side is racist, why aren't we seeing KKK marches with tens of thousands of people

Last edited:
so you are claiming these students are practitioners of the Bellamy Salute?

...to my question, The Bellamy salute is not an American house-hold cultural practice.

No, I'm destroying your erroneous claim that there was never an instance when this style of salute was used.

wtf is the 'pacific standard' and what does it have to do with nazis being .0000000081 percent of the US population?

did you mean to respond to someone else or are ya pulling a hillary?

So "pulling a Hillary" is using words of more than one syllable in a sentence. Yeah, I can see where that might upset some Trump supporters:

Donald Trump declares 'I love the poorly educated'

I used a reputable source. The fact that you don't know this isn't anyone's fault but your own. Maybe try accepting responsibility for your ignorance, instead of blaming others? Complete high school before blaming Hillary because you don't understand words?

The article has numerous links to studies published in journals from Cambridge, Harvard, the National Academy of Sciences, etc.. They all agree, racism was one of the primary driving forces for Trump voters.

lefties have been doing this revisionist history from Jenny McCrea to dead buddies pictures supposedly taken in Nam. I saw one jerk try to doctor a photo of a king tiger superimposed over arty damage in a Georgian Republic pic. Sorry bastards have always been grasping at straw.

Back
Top Bottom