• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People's Reactions to Music

At least they have a sembelance of melody, unlike what you posted.

Kay grampa.

I listen to more popular music, too. And AC/DC sucks on pretty much every level. I can't ****ing stand them. They're like the Nickelback of the 80's/90's.

And those three bands I posted are probably three of the best bands to ever exist. Your brain simply can't comprehend it, which is why it's just "noise" to you; it's above you.

EDIT: Try this one.

Or this:

Mmmmm, love me some Converge...

This is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, song of all time, which is correct in being coined "screamo," although in the correct usage of the term and not in the term commonly used (i.e. whiny crap):

BTW, not only is Jacob Bannon of Converge a great vocalist but he's also one of my favorite artists. I have this hanging on my wall above my comp:

3211907262_e99f4d5510_z.jpg

Last edited:
Kay grampa... AC/DC sucks on pretty much every level. I can't ****ing stand them. They're like the Nickelback of the 80's/90's.

I don't know who Nickleback is, or any of their songs. But let me tell you this, son...

AC/DC has the greatest live rock album ever. For Those about to Rock, Thunderstruck, etc, etc, etc. It's not even close, second place is to enter a lower tier with the possible exception of Floyd.

Last edited:
AC/DC certainly is. Gross.

As an Australian he has to like either them or Men at Work. A good choice I think.

Not to mention those early rockers pushing the boundaries of their time were inspirational for a generation of musicians that went on to further push the boundaries and shape hardcore/punk/heavy metal in its infancy in the 80's through the 90's.

Their legacy and their music -although dated- lives on through its inspirational value to the musicians who went on to create harder, louder, and faster music pushing the boundaries even further, they in turn inspired those who make the music you are currently listening to today.

ecofarm said:
I don't know who Nickleback is, or any of their songs. But let me tell you this, son...

AC/DC has the greatest live rock album ever. For Those about to Rock, Thunderstruck, etc, etc, etc. It's not even close, second place is to enter a lower tier with the possible exception of Floyd.

You sound like the exact kind of person that is in love with AC/DC and a perfect example of why I hate them.

BTW this thread isn't complete without some HTB:

:D

Last edited:
You idolize some singer in a group that will never be brought to my attention otherwise, and I will never hear anything by them again in all likelyhood - they will never exist in my world. You go further to espouse of the singer's wonderful artistry, which you have hanging somewhere. I think it is all very nice and cute for you to idolize and fawn over a nobody with a drawing, but that doesn't change the fact that AC/DC has the greatest live rock album ever.

You can hate rock and roll all you want and I could care less what pathetic cry-baby garbage kids listen to today; however, not recognizing the greatest live album of a genre is just plain sad. If you thought you had the slightest argument, you would bring it. But you know you'll just be embarrassed.

LOL you're basically saying "oh well at least they're famous" as if that's some sort of argument.

ps. You don't know me

Yes I do, you're the generic AC/DC "classic rock" old-fanguy. I have a pretty good idea of you just based on the two posts you've made in this thread.

pps. That's it, I'm not talking to any more kids today. You run along now, and stay off my lawn.

Point proven. Thank you.

Khayembii, some excellent videos you posted here, thank you for sharing! Exactly the type stuff I enjoy, except for the HtB.

This is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, song of all time, which is correct in being coined "screamo," although in the correct usage of the term and not in the term commonly used (i.e. whiny crap):
It's good until the screaming starts. I cant STAND songs where they do that, there are maybe five people in the entire world that make a song sound good when they do that.

My favorite Minor Threat song doesnt have the screaming aspects of it to the degree that most other Minor Threat songs have.

And the Rise Against cover of that song is AWESOME.

But I just do not like most songs where screaming goes on, even if I like the rest of the stuff by the artist. There are a handful of exceptions.

Masha from Arkona (This is a woman doing this, just by the way)

Lemmy has sort of perpetual roar going on and it works, Motorhead is awesome.

What's a real tragedy is when certain parts of a song absolutely rock, but the rest of it blows.

The intro and the ending of the song are awesome. The middle....not so much

Masha sounds kinda like Karyn Crisis.

Favorite Minor Threat:

Favorite crossover band:

Favorite MetalPunk:

Random video, but slower and heavier:

My metal can beat up your metal:

Best Minor Threat song:

Random video, but slower and heavier:

EYEHATEGOD is alright, I have one of their Split 7"s they did with Breather Resist (only because I like Breather Resist):

This band is awesome, and hilarious, although I think they're more of a distro than a band nowadays:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom