• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People's convoy this week

Prediction. The stupid will flow from this like it did from the Canadian one and Fox and other right wing punditry assholes will push it like its the greatest thing since sliced bread. They will use their big trucks to try and stifle our economy as much as possible and then blame Biden for it.
Biden’s blame is guaranteed, regardless of the country or issue.

Thoughts? Predictions?

I suspect it will be much less a thing here. As we have not had as great a reduction of freedoms as Canada has.

I am interested to see how many take part though. Estimates are a thousand trucks, which itself could lose issues.
"If you don't start getting better grades you're gonna end up driving a truck!"

Thoughts? Predictions?
I suspect it will be much less a thing here. As we have not had as great a reduction of freedoms as Canada has.
I am interested to see how many take part though. Estimates are a thousand trucks, which itself could lose issues.
1645625953022.png

I can easily say that there are a MILLION morons on the freeway right here in Austin.

People CANNOT drive.
When Californians flocked to the area, we had the same problems, especially if it snowed. They've apparently learned how to drive since being here.

Thoughts? Predictions?

I've been jumping through some live streamers and one person said it's at least a mile long. It looks to be a majority of just average vehicles, with a mix of semis. There's supposedly 3 semi's worth of supplies for the participants.

I have no idea how many live streamers will participate, but these guys say they're going to cover it all the way through:

In December of 1773 Patriots dressed up as natives to protest the ever increasing and effective mandates of the powers that be!

In February of 2022 natives are dressing up as Patriots to protest the ever decreasing and provably ineffective mandates of the powers that be!

Poor widdle snowflake babies, so put upon with their shiny big rigs and fancy SUV's and pickup trucks, yet still able to be driving across country, when gas prices are still at the highest in a long time, so they can whine in D.C. about how rough they have it out here in America today!

Boo Hoo!!!

Or as Right Wing Icon Michelle Malkin would say if it was Leftists whining like this, "Boo Freaking Hoo!"

;) (y)

just look at our own history. The revolution, civil rights movement, etc
Aside from the obvious extreme stretch comparison of causes, the Canadian trucker blockade failed. Entirely.

Almost 2/3rds of Canadians oppose trucker convoy protest, poll suggests​

Two-thirds of Canadians support military force to end Ottawa protests: poll​

Aside from the obvious extreme stretch comparison of causes, the Canadian trucker blockade failed. Entirely.

Almost 2/3rds of Canadians oppose trucker convoy protest, poll suggests​

Two-thirds of Canadians support military force to end Ottawa protests: poll​

literally 15% of colonists supported independence. Yet they still won

literally 15% of colonists supported independence. Yet they still won
There is literally no way to claim with any surety what % of Colonists were loyalists (supporters of remaining aligned with/subjugated by England), by patriots (those opposed to further rule by England), or fence sitters. It is accurate to assert that, in the beginning of the colonies quest for freedom, both loyalists and patriots were in the minority compared with the fence sitters.

Again, aside from the obvious extreme stretch comparison of causes, the Canadian trucker blockade failed. Entirely.

And very much unlike the patriots that fought against the overwhelming odds of a significantly more powerful/well equipped opponent, gaining the respect and support of foreign country’s governments, and enduring horrible suffering and loss of human life, never gave up, the trucker clown show is a one acts shit show.

There is literally no way to claim with any surety what % of Colonists were loyalists (supporters of remaining aligned with/subjugated by England), by patriots (those opposed to further rule by England), or fence sitters. It is accurate to assert that, in the beginning of the colonies quest for freedom, both loyalists and patriots were in the minority compared with the fence sitters.

Again, aside from the obvious extreme stretch comparison of causes, the Canadian trucker blockade failed. Entirely.

And very much unlike the patriots that fought against the overwhelming odds of a significantly more powerful/well equipped opponent, gaining the respect and support of foreign country’s governments, and enduring horrible suffering and loss of human life, never gave up, the trucker clown show is a one acts shit show.
we know that fact. It is proven. Only 15%. That was good enough to change the 13 colonies with a lot of violence

we know that fact. It is proven. Only 15%. That was good enough to change the 13 colonies with a lot of violence
1. You only speak for you. Any voices in your head do not count.
2. Your word of 15% isn’t proof of anything. Post verifiable proof.
3. The minority patriots, over time, grew into the majority patriots.

That majority, with a fair amount of help from foreign allies, is how we kicked the English out and kept them out.

Back
Top Bottom