• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People's Convoy fires live rounds at anti-fascists in Oregon

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

This is a breaking news update, details are still emerging. The far-right People’s Convoy reportedly opened fire with live rounds at anti-fascist counter protesters today on I-205 freeway in Oregon. Independent journalist Alissa Azar confirmed that two shots were fired and that no counter protesters were injured.

Anti-fascist activists reportedly were throwing paint-filled balloons on convoy vehicles from an overpass. After some of the convoy stopped, gunshots could be heard on Proud Boys livestreamer Josh Fulfer and Capitol rioter livestreamer Christopher Brow’s videos. Brow’s livestream also appears to show an alleged shooter pulling a sidearm out right as shots are heard.

snip

While dropping paint filled balloons doesn't seem nice or safe. Should people be shot for it? No

If I see any updates I''ll try to remember to post them.

Last edited:
Why is the convy still happening? All the mandates were dropped.
it is weird for sure. You would think they would be out there working and hauling products that the country needs...instead they are out there not working. Sounds to me like these dudes need their CDL revoked.

This is a breaking news update, details are still emerging. The far-right People’s Convoy reportedly opened fire with live rounds at anti-fascist counter protesters today on I-205 freeway in Oregon. Independent journalist Alissa Azar confirmed that two shots were fired and that no counter protesters were injured.

Anti-fascist activists reportedly were throwing paint-filled balloons on convoy vehicles from an overpass. After some of the convoy stopped, gunshots could be heard on Proud Boys livestreamer Josh Fulfer and Capitol rioter livestreamer Christopher Brow’s videos. Brow’s livestream also appears to show an alleged shooter pulling a sidearm out right as shots are heard.

snip

While dropping paint filled balloons doesn't seem nice or safe. Should people be shot for it? No

Holding my opinion until this can be confirmed on one of the major networks.

snip

Hmm… the paint-filled balloons (apparently) caused damage, while the shots fired (apparently) did not. Who are you alleging was shot?

Daily Kos.
Even more leftist than cnn and msnbc. I wouldn’t put much faith in their propaganda
Well, watch the video. There's a pop. Then there's brass hitting the road.

Why is the convy still happening? All the mandates were dropped.
They are just troublemakers / domestic terrorists (take your pick) IMO

From the link:

They have been decrying the vaccine and mask mandates for COVID-19 safety, but have been pivoting to other far-right issues as mandates nationally come to an end. As far back as two months ago; it was clear that the convoy was filled to the brim with far-right militants, many of whom openly bragged that they were armed. I’ve independently confirmed convoy participation from Proud Boys, Three Percenters (III%ers), Confederate supporters, KKK-supporters, and Capitol rioters. Three Percenters leader Erik Rohde claims that he has been consulting the convoy since February. One of the pro-KKK convoy paritipcants even met with Republican Senator Ted Cruz.

snip

Yeah, defacing private property isn’t legal grounds for deadly force, I hope it shouldn’t have to be said.

The police appear to be ignoring both.
a woman here was murdered in her home (a very small town) one could suppose the police are ignoring it as well...except, not having found the perpetrator is not proof that authorities are ignoring anything.

This happened a few days ago:

The dreams of the “People’s Convoy” quickly died in the Bay Area after a critical tactical error: turning onto a street with a Safeway and a group of bored kids.

Inept 'People's Convoy' chased out of Bay Area by egg-throwing kids​

The dreams of the “People’s Convoy” quickly died in the Bay Area after a critical tactical error: turning onto a street with a Safeway and a group of bored kids.
The trucker convoy, which aimed to emulate the disruptive Canadian protests against COVID-19 restrictions, has failed spectacularly at every turn. During a few weeks of driving around Washington, D.C., the convoy was held up by a single bicyclist, and some convoy members said they were having difficulty finding places for bathroom breaks and, as a result, were forced to urinate in their pants.

After an anemic showing in Washington, the convoy made the long drive back across the country, landing in the Bay Area this week. Since the convoy began, practically all major COVID restrictions have been lifted in the United States, so it appears it’s switched its messaging to support other conservative causes.

On Friday afternoon, the small convoy of semitrucks, pickup trucks, minivans and other cars drove to Democratic Assemblymember Buffy Wicks’ East Bay home to protest her support of an abortion rights bill. As they honked and used bullhorns in the quiet residential neighborhood, neighbors gathered to heckle them right back, yelling at the truckers to get off their street.
Livestreams posted by convoy participants show police arriving to protect Wicks’ home, which eventually prompted the group to move on. It was here the convoy members made their mistake, driving onto busy, one-lane College Avenue on the Berkeley-Oakland border. There, slowed down by the usual Friday afternoon traffic, they were sitting ducks outside the Safeway. A large group of kids, armed with eggs purchased at the grocery store, began pelting the convoy.

Two clown armies, charging with fixed bayonets in giant floppy shoes, with painted smiles.

I decline to join either clown army, thanks. Let them have at each other for all I care, just clear the innocents out of the way.

1651334601364.png

snip

If confirmed, I'm betting that there was more than paint balloons being dropped. These communist Antifa groups have a long history of violence.

Well, watch the video. There's a pop. Then there's brass hitting the road.
Perhaps. Perhaps not. How many times have we been duped by what some shady “news” agency claims.
how do we know if any of it is correct?
Remember cnn, msnbc and others claimed Rittenhouse was on a killing spree in Kenosha only to be found innocent?

Perhaps. Perhaps not. How many times have we been duped by what some shady “news” agency claims.
how do we know if any of it is correct?
Remember cnn, msnbc and others claimed Rittenhouse was on a killing spree in Kenosha only to be found innocent?
Remember, kids: this his argument before he moves the goal post to “Serves ‘em right!”

If confirmed, I'm betting that there was more than paint balloons being dropped. These communist Antifa groups have a long history of violence.
Name two or three things that could be thrown off a bridge that would legally justify a shooting.

Back
Top Bottom