• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People's Convoy fires live rounds at anti-fascists in Oregon

Or…deadly force was the response to paint-filled balloons.
Possible...but it would go against what's been seen time and again.

We aren't communists.
Then you aren't actually part the the Antifa crowd. You may think so, because you fall for the "everyone who is against fascism is ant-fascist" but that's not actually the same as the Antifa peeps. They literally have a communist symbol on their flag.

Name two or three things that could be thrown off a bridge that would justify a shooting.
If they were dropping bricks on moving vehicles that could be lethal. Paint filled balloons cannot. I could see a cracked windshield or two though.

This is a breaking news update, details are still emerging. The far-right People’s Convoy reportedly opened fire with live rounds at anti-fascist counter protesters today on I-205 freeway in Oregon. Independent journalist Alissa Azar confirmed that two shots were fired and that no counter protesters were injured.

Anti-fascist activists reportedly were throwing paint-filled balloons on convoy vehicles from an overpass. After some of the convoy stopped, gunshots could be heard on Proud Boys livestreamer Josh Fulfer and Capitol rioter livestreamer Christopher Brow’s videos. Brow’s livestream also appears to show an alleged shooter pulling a sidearm out right as shots are heard.

snip

While dropping paint filled balloons doesn't seem nice or safe. Should people be shot for it? No

If I see any updates I''ll try to remember to post them.
So basically there was allegedly defensive action taken against violent leftist brownshirts who attacked legitimate protestors?

Anything with weight.
LOL, a 1 lb bag of dry beans has "weight". Is defending yourself from a bag of beans a legal justification?

If they were dropping bricks on moving vehicles that could be lethal. Paint filled balloons cannot. I could see a cracked windshield or two though.

Anything which could cause loss of vehicle control could be lethal. A paint blocked (obscured?) windshield could cause that.

If one of those paint filled balloons popped on someone's windshield and blinded the driver, you'd be wrong.

Then you aren't actually part the the Antifa crowd. You may think so, because you fall for the "everyone who is against fascism is ant-fascist" but that's not actually the same as the Antifa peeps. They literally have a communist symbol on their flag.
The original anti fascists were fighting against the Nazi party and the only other large political party in Germany at the time were the communists so it was them or nobody. That does not mean the anti fascists are rooted in communism, it means even a communist can understand fascism is bad.

Why can't you?

Possible...but it would go against what's been seen time and again.
Ehhhhhhh...not really! "Let's wait and see" is a perfectly fair position to take, but when it comes to armed right wingers and antifa, the former firing on the latter seems like a very organic escalation of what's happened up til now.

Last edited:
LOL, a 1 lb bag of dry beans has "weight". Is defending yourself from a bag of beans a legal justification?
And playing at being obtuse. It's ****ing dumb.

The original anti fascists were fighting against the Nazi party and the only other large political party in Germany at the time were the communists so it was them or nobody. That does not mean the anti fascists are rooted in communism, it means even a communist can understand fascism is bad.

Why can't you?
They were literally communists. This isn't hard to understand. Your statement is a ridiculous as saying that someone flying a flag with a swastika on it wasn't a Nazi.
Communist Antifa.jpg

How's about they call the cops and have them arrested instead of shooting at them?

How did you come up with the idea that I took the side of the shooters?

Remember, kids: this his argument before he moves the goal post to “Serves ‘em right!”
How soooo very liberal of you, assuming incorrectly. But I expect no less.

No matter if right, wrong or somewhere in between it’s never right to shoot indiscriminately anywhere, especially if there are people in the vicinity

How did you come up with the idea that I took the side of the shooters?
I didn't. I agreed with you that what Antifa was doing could be very dangerous. Calling the police would be the sane thing to do, though, don't you think? The convoy vehicles that got hit could have stopped farther down the road to file a complaint and the little Antifa buggers could have gotten snatched and fined to pay for the new paint jobs.

I didn't. I agreed with you that what Antifa was doing could be very dangerous. Calling the police would be the sane thing to do, though, don't you think? The convoy vehicles that got hit could have stopped farther down the road to file a complaint and the little Antifa buggers could have gotten snatched and fined to pay for the new paint jobs.

Why not comment on what I actually wrote instead of implying that I would be for the guy with the gun?

in the mean time this wife was gunned down by her husband a few days ago in Wisconsin (while their 6yo watched) and not a single poster here talked about it...

photo

Any other source except:

Daily Kos group blog and internet forum focused on the Democratic Party and liberal American politics. The site includes glossaries and other content. It is sometimes considered an example of "netroots" activism.

Possibility, but information needs to be confirmed other than a partisan website.

And playing at being obtuse. It's ****ing dumb.
I asked you to name two or three things that could be thrown off a bridge that would legally justify a shooting. You posted "anything with weight". THAT is ****ing dumb.

I was just chatting. You took it wrong.
Okay.
Anyone who finds themselves behind the wheel of a car, and is put into a life and death situation by criminals tossing paint filled balloons doesn't always have the luxury, time to call the police. There's my chat. :)

Okay.
Anyone who finds themselves behind the wheel of a car, and is put into a life and death situation by criminals tossing paint filled balloons doesn't always have the luxury, time to call the police. There's my chat. :)
Ewwww....you ARE for the guy with the gun????

The people firing had time to pull over, stop, and get out of their vehicles. No one was bleeding and they weren't within range of anything thrown from the bridge. So I don't see an imminent life or death struggle at that moment.

Back
Top Bottom