• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People that wait 1-2 hours for food

On occasion, I may be willing to wait a half hour....if there's a bar with space. Not longer.

Especially their vanilla shakes :mrgreen:

giphy.gif

Especially their vanilla shakes :mrgreen:

It is funny because the talk here turned it into a legend, in my mind... and to see it in person! :lol:

Perhaps not burgers, but the best Texas barbecue joints have that kind of line. The funny thing is that many bosses don't criticize such a thing occasionally resulting in a two hour lunch as along as there are no meetings being missed. I wonder if that's just a Texas thing.

My mom and dad were like that. They had a favorite restaurant (I admit it was very good), and we'd wait an hour or two on a Saturday night for a table. However for me, I'm not into it. In fact, I try to live my life contrary to the normal ebb & flow of city & suburban life. You will never see me shopping on a Saturday morning, but you may see me on a Tuesday afternoon ...

Tufanos- am I close?

Go to Sonic. They have better milkshakes, or so I've heard.

Sonic has all manner of goodies once you get to see their menu.
My go-to order is Cheese-Chili-Tater Tots and a foot long hotdog.
I usually order three orders of their Pepper Poppers to take home with me.

Back when I used to drink more than i do now, I would get that blue slush they have, take it home, and put coconut rum in it.
An awesome combination.

This is something that just baffles me. Why on earth would you wait 1-2 hours in line for say a burger when you can get something very similar nearby without the wait?

I have seen massive lines for Shake Shack, 85°C, Salt & Straw, Howlin' Ray's...

I used to wait at least an hour to get into Anthony's near the Star of India on the San Diego seaboard.
Their Crab Louie was fantastic back then.
Not so now.

When Chili's opened in Sierra Vista they had a line every night for the first three months, sometimes over 2 hours. In that case it was because Chili's was the biggest get for the community since they got Walmart.....Getting a Walmart meant that they meant something, it was a badge of honor for the town.

I skipped it, went a year later, was not impressed.

I've been waiting for some English baked custard since my grandmother passed away nearly 50 years ago.

Geez, you would think a table would've opened up by now

Geez, you would think a table would've opened up by now

Yeah, you'd think. I only realized just now that the day my grandmother died was the day the custard died too. Somebody could've told me, but noooo...

Man, yeah. I'm home on Friday and Saturday nights. I wait til people go back to work and school. That's when I do my errands, shop, and go to lunch. No lines!
We should join the Procrastinators Club. They celebrate New Year's Eve on the Fourth of July, and vis a versa. Their motto is, "Behind you all the way!". Pretty cool stuff!

(Wikipedia) The Procrastinators'Club of America

We should join the Procrastinators Club. They celebrate New Year's Eve on the Fourth of July, and vis a versa. Their motto is, "Behind you all the way!". Pretty cool stuff!

(Wikipedia) The Procrastinators'Club of America

Yes, we should! Either that, or just don't celebrate at all. Stay home and watch the crazy people on TV in our nice warm home, with a fire and a glass of wine that didn't cost $35. :D

Back
Top Bottom