• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People Outraged After Fox News Tries To Blame Meghan And Harry For Prince Philip's Death

Well, yes:

“However, Kilmeade appeared to only insinuate based on conjecture that the couple’s interview with Winfrey upset him in his final weeks. He did not outright blame Harry and Meghan’s interview with Winfrey for the death of Philip, who would have celebrated his 100th birthday on June 10, 2021”

“Many people are saying...”

See Snopes link above.

That snippet was taken from the Snopes link you just confirmed you didn’t read.

Yipes.

I guess you missed the red stop sign FALSE in answer to the question "Did 'Fox & Friends' Host Blame Harry and Meghan for Philip's Death?"

I guess you missed the red stop sign FALSE in answer to the question "Did 'Fox & Friends' Host Blame Harry and Meghan for Philip's Death?"

I read that too along with the whole thing.

Reading - how does it even work!

I read that too along with the whole thing.

Reading - how does it even work!

What's so great is that the ability to read well isn't even required to get the gist, only the recognition of what a red stop sign with a big "X" means.:rolleyes:

What's so great is that the ability to read well isn't even required to get the gist, only the recognition of what a red stop sign with a big "X" means.:rolleyes:
You stopped reading with the gist.

Then don't watch it, much less fixate on what one morning host happened to say.
I don't watch it. I do however wonder why so many people who vote republican watch it. Fox does nothing but bait, flame and troll the dems. Lie after lie and then people who watch fox call all other news fake.

I don't watch it. I do however wonder why so many people who vote republican watch it. Fox does nothing but bait, flame and troll the dems. Lie after lie and then people who watch fox call all other news fake.

The only time I watch TV news (save for local news) is when something huge is occurring, and I do turn on Fox. I've been a Brit Hume fan since he was an ABC White House correspondent, and I also want to hear Bret Baier's opinion. I didn't always agree with him, but I greatly admired Charles Krauthammer. I don't make an apology for choosing Fox News. One point I've made throughout this thread is that an opinion you don't like is not a lie. Kilmeade did not lie; he expressed an opinion that people didn't like. Oh, well.

As an update, Prince Philip while dying was made aware of the Oprah interview and was angered. Call his grandson and his wife's participation "madness," according to his biographer. After the toe-sucking incident, Prince Philip refused to ever again be in the presence of Sarah Ferguson. I think speculating on whether the interview contributed even slightly to his decline is reasonable. Eventually, perhaps in the inevitable biographies following the Queen's death, we will learn more, but in the meantime, has distressing or infuriating news ever improved the emotional well-being of someone who is gravely ill? I mean, come on.

If you choose to watch CNN or MSNBC, fine. I don't really care what anybody else watches, and as I've posted many times, I don't understand why anybody would rely on any one medium these days anyway. But CNN and MSNBC deserve their reputations. Any reasonable discussion about news networks needs to be honest about partisan spinning or manufacture. Insofar as I'm aware, Fox News has never doctored a 9-11 tape, for example.

As for morning shows in general, they are what they are, irrespective of the station, and I think people are drawn to particular personalities. (Why anybody would be drawn to Kilmeade is beyond me, and I watched/listened to several minutes of "Fox and Friends" for years while dressing for work.) They all express opinions, and you aren't going to agree with all of them. So call them "knuckleheads" or "dummies"--just don't call them liars for expressing opinions.

And in the particular case of Harry and Meghan, don't rely on American media to explain British law, custom, or tradition; look to UK sources. I mean, the nonsense on this thread about the child-known-as-Archie's being denied a title is precisely the result of taking at face-value American sources and an interviewer who didn't even bother to do her own due diligence and who utterly failed to ask follow-up questions that she should have.

Back
Top Bottom