• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People on the other side that you respect

cpgrad08

American
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Who are the people on DB that are on the complete opposite political spectrum then you that you have respect for?

CanadaJohn of course. Really a class act, I don't know if that's from being Canadian, but I like him.

Zyphlin is usually pretty level headed.

CanadaJohn of course. Really a class act, I don't know if that's from being Canadian, but I like him.

Zyphlin is usually pretty level headed.

I'm a Zyph fan too. Most of the mods are great posters.

I don't think there even is a part of the political spectrum opposite mine.

Who are the people on DB that are on the complete opposite political spectrum then you that you have respect for?

Gina, Mr. Invisible, Helix, Captain Courtesy, Redress (don't tell him), MiddleGround, Gardener, Superfly, Spud. There are a ton more but I'm just thinking of those who I politically disagree with more than I agree (and I'm sure I've overlooked someone).

Gina, Mr. Invisible, Helix, Captain Courtesy, Redress (don't tell him), MiddleGround, Gardener, Superfly, Spud. There are a ton more but I'm just thinking of those who I politically disagree with more than I agree (and I'm sure I've overlooked someone).

:kissy:

I disagree with Josie on the Z/M issue, but she can't help it if she's wrong. *ducking* :lol:

I think it varies by topic, but there's nothing better than finding middle ground with someone you start out opposing. I like getting support from my enemies even more than my friends.

Dang, I don't really have a "side". I'm an issues gal. I agree with conservatives on some issues, liberals on other issues... sometimes I agree and/or disagree with both sides on the same issue!

I respect too many folks here to list them all, most are already on my "friend" list. There are some who aren't yet... I wish they'd ask me, lol... but overall there really are a bunch of damned fine people here. :)

As others have said, I'm more of an issues person. I would say that while I'm not always in the same camp with Cpwill and Goshen, I have tremendous respect for them and I value and welcome their arguments.

Someone's political affiliation and lean isn't something I would even consider when discussing respect. In fact, they would largely be absent as metrics, with respect coming from how that person carries themselves, how well they can argue a point, and the reasoning behind it.

Even though we are currently having a major disagreement in our True Debate (which is quite fun I might add), I definitely can respect you. :)

I also respect people such as Zyphlin, DiAnna, Redress, Josie, and several others.

Considering that I almost always try to position myself in the middle, there is no "other side" for me.

Unless, maybe, the far extremes of each side.

There's no opposite. I don't recognise politics as a straight-line continuum. I think I've agreed with people from every possible perspective on something or other over the years, even Tigger and Graffias! Of the people with whom I hardly ever agree, I'd say Viktyr, Goshin, and Lamr are pretty good debaters and generally do not engage in baiting, trolling or egregious fallacy.

When I first started posting here, I had a few people I disliked right off the bat. I haven't engaged much in political talk the past 6 months. However, I found that most of the people I disliked in the beginning are people I get along with now.

I'm not altogether on anyone's side, because no-one is altogether on my side.

I respect the majority....

I view politics as sport, and any good athlete knows you need to leave difference on the playing field..

Outside of politics I think I share a lot in common with "liberals" moreso than conservatives but not as much as libertarians...

I really don't know because I really don't discuss politics when I'm hanging out with friends... Of course politics occasionally come up but at my age I really have no desire to talk politics when I'm having a good time.

With all that said I try to respect everyone as best as possible, however I do not agree with progressive ideology - I hate it.

Oh and I don't think I have many "progressive" friends anyways considering my place is "the spot" and my brother is addicted to Fox News and watches it all day yet everyone still comes over and few even attempt to debate...

I suppose I have several friends who don't even care about politics...

Last edited:
I'm not altogether on anyone's side, because no-one is altogether on my side.

I'm always beside you Spud. Court Restraining order be damn.

I feel the same. I find myself unable to sleep if I can't pick out the reflection of the streetlights off your binoculars.

Well I have bee thinking about getting an old fashion spy glass and go retro.

To be honest I don't pay much attention to the leans on here. I have had great discussions with folks that are conservative and liberal. I don't always agree with those that are Conservative and don't always disagree with Liberals. It really depends on the discussion.

I am interested in what everyones opinion is even if it is not in line with mine.

On the economics forum, imagep and I are in disagreement on most issues, but he presents his views very intelligently and rationally. It's a refreshing change from a certain handful of loons that post there who have absolutely no fiscal or analytical brain to speak of.

To be honest I don't pay much attention to the leans on here. I have had great discussions with folks that are conservative and liberal. I don't always agree with those that are Conservative and don't always disagree with Liberals. It really depends on the discussion.

I am interested in what everyones opinion is even if it is not in line with mine.

The ones that amuse me are the ones whose leans are glaringly different from what they claim. I have to think they're either lying or in denial. Pretty much everybody knows, except them, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom