• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"People in the Dark Shadows"

snakestretcher

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trump's latest idiotic conspiracy theory, no doubt to be leaped on with glee by certain parties. This guy has absolutely lost the plot...if you were ever in any doubt, watch...

President Trump goes one-on-one with Laura Ingraham | Part 1 - YouTube

Be afraid Trumpkins, be very afraid of the People in the Dark Shadows:lol: Who are they? "I'll tell you sometime":lamo

Last edited:
.........but, but Sleepy Joe!

“The receptivity of the masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan.”
― Adolf Hitler

“The receptivity of the masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan.”
― Adolf Hitler

Any coincidence with reports that Mein Kampf is Trump's favourite bedtime read?

Trump's latest idiotic conspiracy theory, no doubt to be leaped on with glee by certain parties. This guy has absolutely lost the plot...if you were ever in any doubt, watch...

President Trump goes one-on-one with Laura Ingraham | Part 1 - YouTube

Be afraid Trumpkins, be very afraid of the People in the Dark Shadows:lol: Who are they? "I'll tell you sometime":lamo

Actually being that the far right are always guilty of what they accuse the left of doing that tells you that the right, and trump, are being controlled by People in Dark Shadows, does the name Putin ring a bell. Shhhh it is double top secret and if it gets out we be rounded up and "re-educated".

― Adolf Hitler

"I love the poorly educated" - Donald Trump

Any coincidence with reports that Mein Kampf is Trump's favourite bedtime read?

I don't know what he reads, but I know the tactics. Trump has what Gobbles didn't, the internet.

Funny what people choose to hear. Trump obviously had intelligence that he couldn't elaborate on. And as far as the "dark shadows" bit, he's simply describing the kinds of people he believes want to undermine the security of the country or his perception of the established free enterprise system. I can't believe that anybody is so naive as to think that there isn't big money being funneled to influence the elections, and I'm sure anonymity is coveted on both sides, so yeah, "dark shadows." So what?? Trump isn't a slick speaker - never has been - but that's his appeal to many. I think his opponents spend way too much time trying to read into what he's saying as if he were speaking in riddles. He's not. He shoots from the hip. He's not eloquent, not measured, and he's not the the Wizard of Oz operating some scary persona. He's right out there, and what you see is what you get. And to a large degree, that's why he won.

I'm not a proponent of the two party system. I think it's failing America by inhibiting average American representation and worse, tearing us apart. People think I'm an ardent Trump supporter because on occasions like this, I won't pick him apart. But his personality is what it is, and I don't take every word out of his mouth as some profound message. It's his policies and performance that interest me, not an image. And there's where I find the Democratic elite far more malevolent. These are people that try to manipulate public opinion through vague, sanctimonious bs, while doing the bidding of dubious global and corporate interests. They cherish their Hollywood parties as it's all about image and deceitful promises and of course, elitism. The best way to control a population is through dependency, and that is exactly what the Democratic top dogs would establish through oligarchic avenues.

I will probably vote Stein. I think her party has a rational platform and the humility to realize that the nation is on both a physical and political precipice. But mostly, we need a third party to counter the two party system that we have, and increasingly threatens to make our voices obsolete through its corruption and divisiveness. Thanks!!

Funny what people choose to hear. Trump obviously had intelligence that he couldn't elaborate on. And as far as the "dark shadows" bit, he's simply describing the kinds of people he believes want to undermine the security of the country or his perception of the established free enterprise system. I can't believe that anybody is so naive as to think that there isn't big money being funneled to influence the elections, and I'm sure anonymity is coveted on both sides, so yeah, "dark shadows." So what?? Trump isn't a slick speaker - never has been - but that's his appeal to many. I think his opponents spend way too much time trying to read into what he's saying as if he were speaking in riddles. He's not. He shoots from the hip. He's not eloquent, not measured, and he's not the the Wizard of Oz operating some scary persona. He's right out there, and what you see is what you get. And to a large degree, that's why he won.

I'm not a proponent of the two party system. I think it's failing America by inhibiting average American representation and worse, tearing us apart. People think I'm an ardent Trump supporter because on occasions like this, I won't pick him apart. But his personality is what it is, and I don't take every word out of his mouth as some profound message. It's his policies and performance that interest me, not an image. And there's where I find the Democratic elite far more malevolent. These are people that try to manipulate public opinion through vague, sanctimonious bs, while doing the bidding of dubious global and corporate interests. They cherish their Hollywood parties as it's all about image and deceitful promises and of course, elitism. The best way to control a population is through dependency, and that is exactly what the Democratic top dogs would establish through oligarchic avenues.

I will probably vote Stein. I think her party has a rational platform and the humility to realize that the nation is on both a physical and political precipice. But mostly, we need a third party to counter the two party system that we have, and increasingly threatens to make our voices obsolete through its corruption and divisiveness. Thanks!!

Nonsense; Trump made the whole thing up for political expediency, just like he made up the whole birther conspiracy crap about his "team" in Hawaii and their "unbelievable findings". Are we still waiting for those to be made public, by the way? It's only been 10 years so I guess a few more years' wait won't hurt:lol:

Nonsense; Trump made the whole thing up for political expediency, just like he made up the whole birther conspiracy crap about his "team" in Hawaii and their "unbelievable findings". Are we still waiting for those to be made public, by the way? It's only been 10 years so I guess a few more years' wait won't hurt:lol:

My guess on how this went down... Trump watched this interview with Rand Paul on Fox News and let his imagination run wild....

My guess on how this went down... Trump watched this interview with Rand Paul on Fox News and let his imagination run wild....

What a pathetic baby; he was surrounded by cops! "I don't think we would have survived"! Grow a pair mate.

Poor Dementia Don, turning to Conspiracy Theories once more to excuse his failures.

Here's the problem I have with that. You're attributing his "dark shadows" comment to a bald faced lie. But if you look at all Trump's rhetoric throughout the last 4 years, your supposition is inconsistent with his long list of verbal blunders. Trump blurts out things. He's absolutely spontaneous and not verbally adept enough to shape much if any conversation to his liking. He has almost no verbal dexterity so unlike slicker politicians, he doesn't have an educated vocabulary that his mind can easily access. In short, he was never groomed for the job. In conversation and in press conferences, he is consistently off the cuff, mostly unmeasured, and is most comfortable with short explanations to complicated issues. But I think the reason is that he has an inability to find the right words at the right time. He's very uncomfortable with sophisticated terminology, so he addresses most issues in simplistic terms. His detractors have a field day with his deficiency, and that will never change. But personally, I'm interested in his policies, particularly his foreign policy at the moment. And although I think glossy rhetoric is a prized presidential asset when dealing with a struggling nation, I don't expect it of him, and have come to terms with it. Thanks!!

He lies about anything, big, small, for good or no reasons, and it's common enough we hardly notice. It's not obvious he had intelligence he couldn't share - more likely he made it up, or read something from some Q account on Twitter and repeated it to the world.

It's fine to point out the influence of big money in politics, but pretty naive to pretend it's only on the Democratic side. The tax bill was a massive wet kiss to the Fortune 500 set, for example, as is Trump hiring former industry lobbyists to run the regulatory agencies. It's the fox guarding the hen house.

The big issue for 'dependency' is healthcare and Stein supports Medicare for all, which is a massive increase in dependency. I agree with her, but it's odd to oppose Democrats' plans to increase dependency then support Stein who supports the most liberal Democratic position which is single payer, Medicare for all..

Here's the problem I have with that. You're attributing his "dark shadows" comment to a bald faced lie. But if you look at all Trump's rhetoric throughout the last 4 years, your supposition is inconsistent with his long list of verbal blunders. Trump blurts out things. He's absolutely spontaneous and not verbally adept enough to shape much if any conversation to his liking. He has almost no verbal dexterity so unlike slicker politicians, he doesn't have an educated vocabulary that his mind can easily access. In short, he was never groomed for the job. In conversation and in press conferences, he is consistently off the cuff, mostly unmeasured, and is most comfortable with short explanations to complicated issues. But I think the reason is that he has an inability to find the right words at the right time. He's very uncomfortable with sophisticated terminology, so he addresses most issues in simplistic terms. His detractors have a field day with his deficiency, and that will never change. But personally, I'm interested in his policies, particularly his foreign policy at the moment. And although I think glossy rhetoric is a prized presidential asset when dealing with a struggling nation, I don't expect it of him, and have come to terms with it. Thanks!!

He said:

“We had somebody get on a plane from a certain city this weekend. And in the plane, it was almost completely loaded with thugs, wearing these dark uniforms, black uniforms, with gear and this and that,” Trump said.

He added: “A lot of the people were on the plane to do big damage.”

Ingraham asked him for further detail. Saying it was under investigation, Trump replied, “I’ll tell you sometime.”

That's made up bull****. He's spreading CTs on national television, and he's the President, not a third rate right wing radio shock jock in Birmingham AL.

He said:

That's made up bull****. He's spreading CTs on national television, and he's the President, not a third rate right wing radio shock jock in Birmingham AL.

He spreads them because his drooling fan base believes them.

All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation.....

Aadolph Hitler - Mein Kampf

“The people will more easily believe the big lie.”

He lies about anything, big, small, for good or no reasons, and it's common enough we hardly notice. It's not obvious he had intelligence he couldn't share - more likely he made it up, or read something from some Q account on Twitter and repeated it to the world.

It's fine to point out the influence of big money in politics, but pretty naive to pretend it's only on the Democratic side. The tax bill was a massive wet kiss to the Fortune 500 set, for example, as is Trump hiring former industry lobbyists to run the regulatory agencies. It's the fox guarding the hen house.

The big issue for 'dependency' is healthcare and Stein supports Medicare for all, which is a massive increase in dependency. I agree with her, but it's odd to oppose Democrats' plans to increase dependency then support Stein who supports the most liberal Democratic position which is single payer, Medicare for all..

I'm going to address Stein first. A single payer health care system is the only justifiable health care system IF we want to consider health care a fundamental right. Is it?? In my opinion, yeah. What made Sanders so attractive to me was that he was unwilling to give the insurance industry access and therefore control of the health care system, in short, making the entire greedy, cut throat paper pushing industry into a buggy whip. What Obama did was outrageous, forcing free Americans to honor a greedy industry's terms, hence trying to force Americans to submit to oligarchic control, but I digress.

To your - I think - second point, both Democrats and Republicans pander to big money. I've never denied it. But there is a big difference between being surreptitious about it and being blatant about it. The Democratic elitists try to deny their corporate interests, their monetary aspirations, or their nefarious interest in quashing freedom, but it's right there evidenced in their legislative efforts. And they mislead the public about their true intent. The Democratic elites were the ones that attempted to discount Snowden's startling revelations about government intrusion. But it was the likes of Paul and mostly Republican effort that pushed for reform. As I recall, certain Democrats only got on board when they found out that they themselves were victims of our government security agencies, of which we have too many, but again, I digress.

As far as Trump lying, I actually think people give him too much credit. Everybody lies, I suppose, but most of our two party politicians make a habit of it. I think for them it's a question of political survival, and the power they have must be addictive. So, they take credit for things they shouldn't; they misrepresent their motives; they stonewall claiming it's to benefit Americans - ie Pelosi's gang right now - when it's really about securing their own jobs and defeating any challenges to their hold on the country. With Trump, I just don't think he's as calculated as his detractors would like to believe, and lying for nefarious reasons takes both calculation and consistency, of which he has neither. Thanks!!

Trump knows he's playing to his base and fear mongering, with some help from his Master, Mr. Putin and his constant lies to those foolish and gullible enough to believe him, he won his last election. He's hoping for a replay, as his worshipers no longer think for themselves and are easy to manipulate. Trump is ignorant and a failure, but he does know how to BS stupid people, after all, he is a lifelong conman.

Trump went full authoritarian in his latest Fox News interview

Trump’s conspiracy theory about a plane full of “thugs” is exactly what a dictator would say.

But his latest whopper — that his political opponent, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, is secretly being controlled by a roving band of black-clad violent extremists who like to fly on commercial airlines — is more than just another conspiracy theory. It’s also disturbingly reminiscent of a disinformation tactic commonly deployed by dictators around the world to discredit legitimate political opposition.

On Monday, Trump told Fox News’s Laura Ingraham a wild story he’d heard about a supposed plane full of “thugs” who had traveled together on a commercial flight to an unnamed American city to stage protests during the Republican National Convention. These same thugs, in Trump’s telling, are secretly pulling Biden’s strings from the “dark shadows.”

These are “people that you’ve never heard of, people that are in the dark shadows,” Trump said. “They’re people that are on the streets. They’re people that are controlling the streets. We had somebody get on a plane from a certain city this weekend, and in the plane it was almost completely loaded with thugs wearing these dark uniforms, black uniforms with gear and this and that.”

The president wouldn’t offer any more specifics because he said the whole incident is under investigation — another claim for which there’s no public evidence — but added “a lot of people were on the plane to do big damage.”

Trump’s Fox News interview with Laura Ingraham saw him go full authoritarian - Vox

... what are dark shadows? Are they different than regular shadows? Arent shadows usually dark in one way or another?

Seems pedantic.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

We do indeed need a two party system this year more than ever so that we can vote for a party not currently in power that is attempting to change conditions to those that would make it increasingly difficult to remove them from power.

Additionally, any mention of a third party that cannot win the current election is a thinly veiled attempt to syphon votes from the non Trump party.

I'm going to address Stein first. A single payer health care system is the only justifiable health care system IF we want to consider health care a fundamental right. Is it?? In my opinion, yeah. What made Sanders so attractive to me was that he was unwilling to give the insurance industry access and therefore control of the health care system, in short, making the entire greedy, cut throat paper pushing industry into a buggy whip. What Obama did was outrageous, forcing free Americans to honor a greedy industry's terms, hence trying to force Americans to submit to oligarchic control, but I digress.

That's fine but Obama didn't have 60 votes for Medicare for all, not even close. It will zero out several multi-billion companies, and there was no chance of that happening, 0%. So he did the possible, and many countries with UHC have private insurers playing a critical role. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the argument that Obama didn't do the impossible, so what he could do, which included a huge expansion of Medicaid, was illegitimate and shouldn't have been done.

To your - I think - second point, both Democrats and Republicans pander to big money. I've never denied it. But there is a big difference between being surreptitious about it and being blatant about it.

What's the difference on the ground?

The Democratic elitists try to deny their corporate interests, their monetary aspirations, or their nefarious interest in quashing freedom, but it's right there evidenced in their legislative efforts. And they mislead the public about their true intent. The Democratic elites were the ones that attempted to discount Snowden's startling revelations about government intrusion. But it was the likes of Paul and mostly Republican effort that pushed for reform.

That's some serious revisionist history there. Most of those abuses were part of the Bush II War on Terror that had signoffs from both parties, and it was Bush II who argued effectively that the Commander in Chief could do pretty much what he wanted in the war on terror, including torture people, including American citizens.

As I recall, certain Democrats only got on board when they found out that they themselves were victims of our government security agencies, of which we have too many, but again, I digress.

I don't think you recall correctly. There are opponents of the national security state in the Democratic party and the libertarian leaning members of the GOP.

As far as Trump lying, I actually think people give him too much credit. Everybody lies, I suppose, but most of our two party politicians make a habit of it. I think for them it's a question of political survival, and the power they have must be addictive. So, they take credit for things they shouldn't; they misrepresent their motives; they stonewall claiming it's to benefit Americans - ie Pelosi's gang right now - when it's really about securing their own jobs and defeating any challenges to their hold on the country. With Trump, I just don't think he's as calculated as his detractors would like to believe, and lying for nefarious reasons takes both calculation and consistency, of which he has neither. Thanks!!

But you're pretending he's not lying. He lies almost every day. We've never seen anything like it. And then for the lies you cannot deny, you're attributing innocent motives to Trump while attributing sinister motives to Democrats. At least you could be consistent if you're going to pretend to be opposed to both parties. If you are, hold them both to the same standards. You're pretty hilariously putting the bar for Trump and the GOP in the ditch.

No offense, but it's why I don't really trust people who claim to be Jill Stein supporters. On the policies, there is no question the Democrats are FAR closer to Stein than are Republicans, but somehow you reserve all your serious criticism for Democrats. :confused:

Just on healthcare, the GOP position is to dismantle all the ACA, including Medicaid expansion, including the protection for pre-existing conditions and move us further from Medicare for all. The Democratic position is if not Medicare for all then a big expansion, more subsidies, for the ACA that gets us closer to MFA. And yet it's just another BOTH SIDES to you. IMO, it's not - there is a clear advantage to the Democratic position over the NOTHING the GOP proposes, except to undo all the progress of the ACA including Medicaid expansion that's helping millions of poor Americans, and the subsidies helping millions more. The hole is the problem - those outside the income range subsidies who still cannot afford healthcare. The GOP offers nothing to solve that problem, because it will cost money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom