• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People don't understand how disgusting American slavery was, every symbol of it must be destroyed

Andyh2299

National Mentor
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
People don't understand how disgusting American slavery was, every symbol of it must be destroyed. People, human beings were changed biologically, to fit the whims of a few. Forced incest was a thing. Farms just for breeding were created. Every last remnant of this legacy must be destroyed, even if the American economy is to go back to the stone ages.

Long long time ago man. However, I'll bet the clothes you're wearing were made by slave labor.
Out of sight, out of mind.

Long long time ago man. However, I'll bet the clothes you're wearing were made by slave labor.
Out of sight, out of mind.
Sweatshops are not the equivelant of chattel slavery. They are paid little yes. Nobody is raping them, putting them into breeding farms, making them metally retarded so they would be more docile via incest, selecting them biologically for their features.

People don't understand how disgusting American slavery was, every symbol of it must be destroyed. People, human beings were changed biologically, to fit the whims of a few. Forced incest was a thing. Farms just for breeding were created. Every last remnant of this legacy must be destroyed, even if the American economy is to go back to the stone ages.

FYI
On a scale of 1 to 10 of the horrible things humans do/did, this is somewhere 8n the middle.

Its behind us, move on. Enough with the radical crap.

FYI
On a scale of 1 to 10 of the horrible things humans do/did, this is somewhere 8n the middle.

Its behind us, move on. Enough with the radical crap.
Modern Blacks are still slaves genetically no? Why not do some modifications?

You know your playbook is pretty limited and pretty transparent. You are trying to hide your real message under an absurd contention. You have to bend and twist to an absurd degree to pull it off which is your tell.

So here, I will cut to the chase in order to save time:
NO, we should not bury slavery because it was SOOOOOO terrible. The exact reason the legacy of it CAN NOT be destroyed or buried is because it was SOOOOO terrible.

There, wasn't that easy. Now we can move along to real threads about real topics.

You know your playbook is pretty limited and pretty transparent. You are trying to hide your real message under an absurd contention. You have to bend and twist to an absurd degree to pull it off which is your tell.

So here, I will cut to the chase in order to save time:
NO, we should not bury slavery because it was SOOOOOO terrible. The exact reason the legacy of it CAN NOT be destroyed or buried is because it was SOOOOO terrible.

There, wasn't that easy.
Irish slavery can be buried, why can't Black slavery be?

21% of Black Americans are first or second generation.

America is not static. It is a defining feature of this nation.

Go away. Thanks.
Well there more I talk, the more influence I get. There is nothing stopping a young Black male from being vegan. Somebody gave him that body not him

FYI
Are you talking about his opening post? Or slavery? Honestly not sure.

Irish slavery here? It is my understanding that what you are referring to as "Irish slavery" was indentured servitude. Indentured servitude is not chattel slavery. So sorry but NOOOOOOO!

Well, that's a crazy accusation. Care to elaborate?
Irish in America were never slaves. My ancestors were treated very poorly, they lived in company towns, worked for the company, and had to buy their goods from the company store...and it was really crappy...but no one sold their children away from them or moved them around in chains. So...again, a rather strange accusation. Care to elaborate?

People don't understand how disgusting American slavery was, every symbol of it must be destroyed. People, human beings were changed biologically, to fit the whims of a few. Forced incest was a thing. Farms just for breeding were created.

Historically this was true around most of the world where slavery existed, on every continent in just about every culture at one point or another in history. But that's what it is now in our nation...history, not current reality.

Every last remnant of this legacy must be destroyed, even if the American economy is to go back to the stone ages.

Hmmm....I have no idea what you mean by this assertion. Perhaps you've bought into the 1619 Project propaganda and misinformation?

The American economy was not based on slavery. The American economy was as diverse as ever, with small businesses, farms, mining operations, trade, manufacturing, etc..

The bulk of slave labor with a few exceptions was used in agriculture, including cotton production. Where unskilled manual labor would be more costly if paid laborers were used. With the exception of the cotton gin which made picking cotton more profitable, advances in technology over time typically reduced the need for raw unskilled manual labor. Still, farming remains a moderate manual labor endeavor even today where machines like Harvesters and seeders are used.

Well, that's a crazy accusation. Care to elaborate?

Irish in America were never slaves. My ancestors were treated very poorly, they lived in company towns, worked for the company, and had to buy their goods from the company store...and it was really crappy...but no one sold their children away from them or moved them around in chains. So...again, a rather strange accusation. Care to elaborate?
Just search up the breeding farms.

I meant we can get over undeterred servitude but not slavery because of those reasons

Just search up the breeding farms.

I meant we can get over undeterred servitude but not slavery because of those reasons
I'm more interested in your assertion that

And especially what YOU mean by "why not do some modifications"

Historically this was true around most of the world where slavery existed, on every continent in just about every culture at one point or another in history. But that's what it is now in our nation...history, not current reality.

Hmmm....I have no idea what you mean by this assertion. Perhaps you've bought into the 1619 Project propaganda and misinformation?

The American economy was not based on slavery. The American economy was as diverse as ever, with small businesses, farms, mining operations, trade, manufacturing, etc..

The bulk of slave labor with a few exceptions was used in agriculture, including cotton production. Where unskilled manual labor would be more costly if paid laborers were used. With the exception of the cotton gin which made picking cotton more profitable, advances in technology over time typically reduced the need for raw unskilled manual labor. Still, farming remains a moderate manual labor endeavor even today where machines like Harvesters and seeders are used.

You make slavery sound so innocent and inconsequential. Pretty dumb for the South to start a war over it, huh?

Don't encourage him. It only gets worse.

I don't think the government can do anything about it. It doesn't have the resources to encourage Black people to breed normal looking Africans.

What I can say to the Black youth is this. Are you trying to be the big tough black guy for yourself or someone else?

Back
Top Bottom