• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People aren't getting their young kids vaccinated against COVID-19—and many aren't getting boosters either

That's not something I'd be proud of.
Mocking the left's newfound disregard for the maning of words. It's actually quite frightening.

No, it's because Americans are only thinking of themselves or not thinking at all. Buying into conspiracy theories, political bs, or other misinformation is not thinking for oneself. It's blind acceptance of what someone else thinks based on willful ignorance.

Buying into official propaganda from medical authorities and their friends in the drug industry is blind acceptance of what someone wants you to think.

First of all, it isnt a vaccine. It wont end the pandemic. And if you dont keep up with the boosters, you are as unprotected as the unvaxxed. It is a shot that will minimize the symptoms of the person receiving the shot. And that is it. You claiming otherwise is either you being uneducated on the subject or outright lying.

The shots will lessen the symptoms if you get covid. But NOT because they strengthen your immune system so it can fight the virus better! Just the opposite. It weakens your immune system so it won't react as strongly to covid infection. Your symptoms will be less, but you will still have the virus, and it will be free to cause more damage.

You are troubled because Biden couldn't cure the world?

Really?
I knew he couldn't stop covid when he first told the lie he was going to bring it under control. Just as many dead after the vaccine as before. Just anther thing in his long list of failures. We need a leader not this senile party puppet.

I knew he couldn't stop covid when he first told the lie he was going to bring it under control. Just as many dead after the vaccine as before. Just anther thing in his long list of failures. We need a leader not this senile party puppet.

🤣

Politicizing a Pandemic is rather pathetic at this point.

We cannot control the world. But we can control who enters our borders. Airlines have already done that with requiring proof of vaccinations or negative covid tests. But if everyone in this country vaccinated, we could achieve a degree of herd immunity and some level of control over the pandemic. Unfortunately, many still refuse to vaccinate or take precautions. That's why there are variants and why we'll not likely get over covid.
What good is that when they are walking into this country by the million.

With the current Failure in Chief in charge we might as well not even worry about who flies into our country. Biden is flying and bussing illegals to every corner of this country with our tax dollars. Hell he has lost a million illegals that the border patrol actually caught. We might as well save the tax payers some money and just disband the border patrol with Biden in Charge. All he does is just turn them loose or fly and bus them to another city in another part of the country. This guy is the biggest joke we have ever had for a president. His economic failures have eclipsed even Carter.

With the current Failure in Chief in charge we might as well not even worry about who flies into our country. Biden is flying and bussing illegals to every corner of this country with our tax dollars. Hell he has lost a million illegals that the border patrol actually caught. We might as well save the tax payers some money and just disband the border patrol with Biden in Charge. All he does is just turn them loose or fly and bus them to another city in another part of the country. This guy is the biggest joke we have ever had for a president. His economic failures have eclipsed even Carter.

Bidenmania.

Bidenmania.
You got that right but I still say prayer for him every day when I see who is in line if he dies. The list of losers to replace him if he dies are much worse and too many deep for this country to survive.

COVID-19 - Coronavirus Disease sub forum
The vast majority of kids have already had this cold and spread it to their parents. They have moved on already. We can force them to get vaccinated but new variants will emerge every year for the foreseeable future. I have been getting my flu shot for 20+ years now. My nephew has never had a flu shot and will be just fine. The same with covid with or without a vaccinations and boosters.

The vast majority of kids have already had this cold and spread it to their parents. They have moved on already. We can force them to get vaccinated but new variants will emerge every year for the foreseeable future. I have been getting my flu shot for 20+ years now. My nephew has never had a flu shot and will be just fine. The same with covid with or without a vaccinations and boosters.

The statement "have already had this cold" is rather ignorant.

COVID =/= COLD

Channeling a bit of M (r) (s) (?) Ingrate Obama here. Its been a while but my faith in my fellow American is improving.

You see, folks are slow to coming around but, nonetheless, they are coming around relative to whether its smart, logical, or more importantly, is it safe for us and our children? Many parents must have reservations.

And what else are they maybe thinking? Perhaps listening to everything the US Government tells you to do might not be in your best interest. It was in the fine print.

-------------------------------
COVID cases have increased in Philadelphia about 40% over the past month—and that's without counting the scores of people testing positive at home as the latest BA.5 omicron variant surges across the country.

Although vaccines are keeping most people alive and out of the hospital, the White House has been urging all Americans to get vaccinated and boosted, including the young children that this summer finally gained access to immunizations.

"If you are vaccinated but have not gotten a booster, this is a really good time to go and get a booster," said White House coronavirus response coordinator Ashish Jha in a briefing last week.

Many across the nation appear to be shrugging off the guidance.

The latest data shows that few of America's youngest have received a dose of the vaccine—and many adults are going without recommended booster shots. The same trends are playing out locally.

Here's an overview of who is getting vaccinated—and not.

Last week, the Kaiser Family Foundation reported that just over a month after their approval, vaccination rates among children under 5 seemingly has peaked at 2.8%. Since the most enthusiastic parents got their kids' shots, the average number of new doses administered nationally has started declining.

The slow uptake was predicted. Only 1 in 5 parents of children in this age group wanted to get their child vaccinated right away, according to a May poll by Kaiser Family Foundation. An updated poll released on Tuesday found that 4 in 10 parents for eligible children would "definitely not" vaccinate their child.

The uptick following the approval of the first pediatric vaccines played out differently for children 5 to 11. After vaccines were recommended for the older children in November 2021, about 30% of this age group nationwide is fully vaccinated, according to CDC data.

Adults also aren't rushing after booster shots, and the recent wave of the omicron variant BA.5 has seemingly done little to change attitudes. Through July 21, about 51.4% of U.S. residents 18 and older had received a booster. In recent months, vaccination rates have plateaued for all demographic groups, no matter whether they are going without first shots or boosters.

Public health authorities say they still hope to see more people get vaccinated

Sickening and ignorant.

Just curious, where did you get your degree in epidemiology?

What i can't stand is when people post fools, taking issue with the smartest and best educated minds in the world on a subject. 🤡

The statement "have already had this cold" is rather ignorant.

COVID =/= COLD
It is a cold. A very bad one but a cold. Just like influenza in1918 was the flu. Just a bad one. Just because we single out one of the many crown viruses that cause upper respiratory infections doesn't mean it is not a cold. Must common cold viruses including crown viruses are yet to be identified. Until they start killing lots of people they are just the common cold. Once they turn deadly we give them a real name instead of referring to them as the common cold but that changes very little. I have had it and it was a bad cold. I have had worse cases of the flu from time to time. I was over this one in just 5 days. I have had the flu for a lot longer.

It is a cold. A very bad one but a cold. Just like influenza in1918 was the flu. Just a bad one. Just because we single out one of the many crown viruses that cause upper respiratory infections doesn't mean it is not a cold. Must common cold viruses including crown viruses are yet to be identified. Until they start killing lots of people they are just the common cold. Once they turn deadly we give them a real name instead of referring to them as the common cold but that changes very little. I have had it and it was a bad cold. I have had worse cases of the flu from time to time. I was over this one in just 5 days. I have had the flu for a lot longer.

Intentional ignorance noted.

COVID is not a cold.

Colds are from a Rhinovirus.

COVID is from SARS-CoV2

And why is your nephew vaccinated against Mumps, Measles, Rubella, etc.?

Intentional ignorance noted.

COVID is not a cold.

Colds are from a Rhinovirus.

COVID is from SARS-CoV2

And why is your nephew vaccinated against Mumps, Measles, Rubella, etc.?
Colds are from many different viruses most not yet identified.

Common Cold Causes: Coronavirus, RSV, Rhinovirus & More

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/common_cold_causes
You know the drill. Your throat feels scratchy, you start sneezing and coughing, and pretty soon you're in the grip of a nasty cold. To add insult to injury, all that big-time misery is from a tiny invader -- a living thing called a virus.

And it's not just one you need to dodge. There are more than 200 that can lay you low.
Cold viruses have a lot in common, but each type has its own style, too.

Rhinovirus. This bunch is most active in early fall, spring, and summer. They cause 10%-40% of colds. You'll feel plenty miserable when you catch one, but the good news is they rarely make you seriously sick.
Coronavirus. These tend to do their dirty work in the winter and early spring. The coronavirus is the cause of about 20% of colds. There are more than 30 kinds, but only three or four affect people.

RSV and parainfluenza. These viruses cause 20% of colds. They sometimes lead to severe infections, like pneumonia, in young children.

Colds are from many different viruses most not yet identified.

Common Cold Causes: Coronavirus, RSV, Rhinovirus & More

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/common_cold_causes
You know the drill. Your throat feels scratchy, you start sneezing and coughing, and pretty soon you're in the grip of a nasty cold. To add insult to injury, all that big-time misery is from a tiny invader -- a living thing called a virus.

And it's not just one you need to dodge. There are more than 200 that can lay you low.
Cold viruses have a lot in common, but each type has its own style, too.

Rhinovirus. This bunch is most active in early fall, spring, and summer. They cause 10%-40% of colds. You'll feel plenty miserable when you catch one, but the good news is they rarely make you seriously sick.
Coronavirus. These tend to do their dirty work in the winter and early spring. The coronavirus is the cause of about 20% of colds. There are more than 30 kinds, but only three or four affect people.

RSV and parainfluenza. These viruses cause 20% of colds. They sometimes lead to severe infections, like pneumonia, in young children.

So what?

COVID is still not a COLD.

And I take it your nephew is vaccinated for the standard diseases.... Why?

That has SFA to do with the undo burden the unvaccinated are willingly putting on healthcare workers and the healthcare system. A pox on you all!
Their job is to treat the sick. Those that cant handle that should find another line of work

Talk about uneducated! That tripe sounds like it came from an antivaxxer or conspiracy site. First off, yes it is a vaccine. What do you think it is? Not getting boosters doesn't mean one is unprotected. Boosters "boost" the production of antibodies against the virus to ensure optimal immune response and vaccine efficacy. Seriously, get a clue! Or 10!
Never is a liberal more arrogant than when discussing something they know nothing about. A vaccine gives you immunity to a particular disease or virus. These shots do no such thing. What these shots do is reduce the severity of Covid for a limited time. It does not grant immunity or protect you from getting or spreading Covid. Biden is all the evidence you need. No man on Earth is more masked and vaxed then he. Yet he got Covid anyway. Anyone who hasnt kept up on their boosters has no immunity at all. So you are being vaccinated against Covid, you are given a shot that protects you from the worst symptoms for a limited period of time. When you are vaccinated against Polio, you dont get polio.

Their job is to treat the sick. Those that cant handle that should find another line of work
Well there you gave it!

Never is a liberal more arrogant than when discussing something they know nothing about.
When you have to go to political ideologies, it's clear you have no valid argument to present. Btw, I am not liberal. So there's another thing you're wrong about.
A vaccine gives you immunity to a particular disease or virus.
Immunity to a virus does not mean one cannot be infected by the virus. And breakthrough infections can still occur despite immunity, especially for more virulent viruses like Covid.
These shots do no such thing. What these shots do is reduce the severity of Covid for a limited time. It does not grant immunity or protect you from getting or spreading Covid.
That's nice. Prove it! Cite a valid, peer reviewed scientific study to support your assertion!
Biden is all the evidence you need. No man on Earth is more masked and vaxed then he. Yet he got Covid anyway.
See second statement.
Anyone who hasnt kept up on their boosters has no immunity at all.
Wrong! Anyone who is vaccinated has some immunity. Boosters simply keep the immune system primed.
So you are being vaccinated against Covid, you are given a shot that protects you from the worst symptoms for a limited period of time.
It also reduces the chances of spreading it to others.
When you are vaccinated against Polio, you dont get polio.
Polio is mostly contained, as there is already herd immunity to it. 70% of those infected with polio are asymptomatic. But Covid is not polio.

Buying into official propaganda from medical authorities and their friends in the drug industry is blind acceptance of what someone wants you to think.
Conspiracy level nonsense! I go to what the science and experts in a particular field. That is the smart move. With a viral outbreak, you go to a virologist. You wouldn't go to a plumber with a medical issue. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if YOU did.

All the more reason to get everyone vaccinated.
I thought this discussion was about Covid, not politics.

So what?

COVID is still not a COLD.

And I take it your nephew is vaccinated for the standard diseases.... Why?
It is a corona virus that attacks the upper respiratory. That is a cold. Sorry but my doctor is the one who informed me it was a cold virus with a lot of hype attached to it. I asked why don't they say it is a cold virus. Because congress won't give you billions of dollars for a cold so you give it a fancy name and you get lots of money.

All the more reason to get everyone vaccinated.

I thought this discussion was about Covid, not politics.
So politics is not involved in this pandemic?

Back
Top Bottom