• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People’s Convoy Reveals Ridiculous New Goal: ‘Take Back’ Black Lives Matter Plaza

Seriously....this is what has devolved from a bunch of anti vax gomers messing with traffic.

On Friday morning, the so-called “People’s Convoy” seemed to reveal a new goal for the right-wing trucker movement: Reclaim the two-block-long Black Lives Matter Plaza in downtown Washington, D.C. “What’s going to happen up here in D.C.: Black Lives Matter Street, we’re gonna take it back,” a speaker declared during the group’s daily morning meeting after being tossed the microphone by organizer Mike Landis. “All that paint’s coming off that street,” he continued. The group further pledged to enlist the help of motorcycle riders in the storming of the city, with a goal to “tar and feather” the pedestrian-only section of 16th Street NW painted in honor of the protests following the police killing of George Floyd. “And then we are gonna tar and feather all our delegates,” the speaker concluded. Neither Metro PD nor convoy organizers immediately retuned The Daily Beast's request for comment on the convoy’s latest ridiculous scheme.

Now they're exhibiting their true colours!

Seriously....this is what has devolved from a bunch of anti vax gomers messing with traffic.

On Friday morning, the so-called “People’s Convoy” seemed to reveal a new goal for the right-wing trucker movement: Reclaim the two-block-long Black Lives Matter Plaza in downtown Washington, D.C. “What’s going to happen up here in D.C.: Black Lives Matter Street, we’re gonna take it back,” a speaker declared during the group’s daily morning meeting after being tossed the microphone by organizer Mike Landis. “All that paint’s coming off that street,” he continued. The group further pledged to enlist the help of motorcycle riders in the storming of the city, with a goal to “tar and feather” the pedestrian-only section of 16th Street NW painted in honor of the protests following the police killing of George Floyd. “And then we are gonna tar and feather all our delegates,” the speaker concluded. Neither Metro PD nor convoy organizers immediately retuned The Daily Beast's request for comment on the convoy’s latest ridiculous scheme.

I dont support these moron truckers. Too much time on their hands and not enough brains IMO.

I also do not support the domestic terror group Black Lies Matter, I didnt know there was a Black Lies Matter Plaza....LOL. Didnt the founders or leaders or some honchos from #blm just get busted with felonies for embezzling the money and spending it on themselves? Yeahhhhhhhhhh.
Same old song and dance.

probably shouldn't paint streets with political messaging to begin with, then there will be no worries about it being defaced. Thats just me. Just paint the crosswalks and traffic markers as needed. Leave the racist and divisive crap off of it.

Interesting how they have so much money to do this. Wonder where it's coming from? Because its clearly not coming from making deliveries.

I suspect they've found politics pays better than trucking!

So they've gone from promoting and encouraging more American COVID deaths (which is the end result of what they push) to black lives don't matter?

I have to say one thing. I give them credit for doing it in a sneaky way. Now watch all the creative excuses fly of what they "really" mean with this latest move.

Last edited:
That is funny.

Well, legal is legal I suppose!
Only kind of legal. Read in the posts that that road is a "No Trucks Allowed" road that comes with a $300 fine and 4 points on your license. And it is monitored by traffic cameras. 😆

I dont support these moron truckers. Too much time on their hands and not enough brains IMO.

I also do not support the domestic terror group Black Lies Matter, I didnt know there was a Black Lies Matter Plaza....LOL. Didnt the founders or leaders or some honchos from #blm just get busted with felonies for embezzling the money and spending it on themselves? Yeahhhhhhhhhh.
Same old song and dance.

probably shouldn't paint streets with political messaging to begin with, then there will be no worries about it being defaced. Thats just me. Just paint the crosswalks and traffic markers as needed. Leave the racist and divisive crap off of it.
Eh. I'm not a fan of the BLM organization, either, but I do support the message. And I do separate locals who show up to protest from the organizers.

I disagree streets shouldn't be painted. They should not be painted permanently, but I see nothing wrong with temporary messages. This message's time isn't up yet.

I disagree completely that this is divisive. The only people it bothers are racists, who are already divided from the rest of society, with no hope for successful therapy in sight. What this does is shine light on those so divided, and in that sense, perhaps its temporary stay needs to be extended.

Only kind of legal. Read in the posts that that road is a "No Trucks Allowed" road that comes with a $300 fine and 4 points on your license. And it is monitored by traffic cameras. 😆

Then give it to them!

Better yet, detour them to lawful traffic areas.

And if they become a public nuisance, use those regs against them too - if deserved.

And the cyclist? Argh! Around here they have very strong rights-of-way, and are a PITA. But, law is law and we deal with & respect them. Except for the fact that so many run lights & sign regularly, which pisses-off the motorists to ne end.

It's kinda' hard to want to respect & cooperate with a fellow occupant of the road, when they insist you follow the laws protecting them - but they flaunt breaking the laws protecting you!

This last might make a great thread topic, as it's a pet peeve of mine!

Eh. I'm not a fan of the BLM organization, either, but I do support the message. And I do separate locals who show up to protest from the organizers.

I disagree streets shouldn't be painted. They should not be painted permanently, but I see nothing wrong with temporary messages. This message's time isn't up yet.

I disagree completely that this is divisive. The only people it bothers are racists, who are already divided from the rest of society, with no hope for successful therapy in sight. What this does is shine light on those so divided, and in that sense, perhaps its temporary stay needs to be extended.

European White Male Lives Matter*

That's the default. Goes without saying.

White males with long hair who live on the wrong side of the tracks lives matter. (y)

OK. My hair is not long anymore, but there was a time I fit that description to a T.

European White Long Haired Male Lives Matter

OK. My hair is not long anymore, but there was a time I fit that description to a T.

European White Long Haired Male Lives Matter
Don't forget wrong side of the tracks. Living or being in a high-crime area with long hair means drugs. Whether you have them or not.

Profiling extends beyond race.

It is a right wing anti American Convoy ....... these are ALEC controlled Tea Party thinkers = easy to manipulate

All males matter, all lives matter, all living creatures matter

Our community does not have a wrong side of the tracks ......... it is diverse.

Back
Top Bottom