• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon: Who We're At War With Is Classified

I totally agree with this, we elect or at least have a role in getting EVERY member of Congress, the President, the VP, the President's cabinet (by voting the President in). If you or the people don't like it make a change.

Voting people in or out of office makes, really, no difference. Take the C.I.A. for example. That governmental agency has been around for over sixty years. How much oversight (control) do the men and women of Congress or the Senate have over it? They're supposed to have a lot, but there are records of restrictions to their oversight. So instead of a bunch of lawmakers being read-in on something, only a small concentration of people are in the know. And where's the oversight when the President meets with the Director of National Intelligence and tells him to do something... or is briefed himself of the often autonomous actions of the intelligence community? There is none.

Some of the problem is undoubtedly lawmakers. But voting people in and out of office because they displease us will not solve the root problem: intelligence agencies. It is their secrecy and information withholding practices that offend people. Sure, they have clever retorts for why they cannot be transparent, but I say our clever retort to their dismissals of our desires is to dismiss them of their funds and their jobs. They need to remember who the lords are of America. It certainly is not them, though they like to think so.

Back
Top Bottom