• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon spokesman becomes visibly emotional as he talks about Putin's 'depravity'

Lycanthrope

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
John Kirby had to take a moment when recalling the war in Ukraine:

"It’s hard to look at what he’s doing in Ukraine, what his forces are doing in Ukraine, and think that any ethical, moral individual could justify that. It’s difficult to look at,” Kirby said, his voice starting to strain.

He paused for around 10 seconds and said “sorry” to reporters as he looked away from them, seemingly needing a moment to gather his thoughts. He went on to say that it is “difficult to look at some of the images and imagine that any well-thinking, serious, mature leader would do that. So I can’t talk to his psychology, but I think we can all speak to his depravity.”

It's easy for me to put the war in the background of my mind, living an ocean away from it. What brings it home is things like this, coupled with American shitbags like Tucker Carlson defending and aiding Russia with his propaganda while they commit atrocities far away from his privileged position.

"It’s hard to look at what he’s doing in Ukraine, what his forces are doing in Ukraine, and think that any ethical, moral individual could justify that. It’s difficult to look at,” Kirby said, his voice starting to strain.

He paused for around 10 seconds and said “sorry” to reporters as he looked away from them, seemingly needing a moment to gather his thoughts. He went on to say that it is “difficult to look at some of the images and imagine that any well-thinking, serious, mature leader would do that. So I can’t talk to his psychology, but I think we can all speak to his depravity.”

It's easy for me to put the war in the background of my mind, living an ocean away from it. What brings it home is things like this, coupled with American shitbags like Tucker Carlson defending and aiding Russia with his propaganda while they commit atrocities far away from his privileged position.
Not stressed enough in your post is the material fact that Kirby is a retired Admiral (note within the article). This is not just some yahoo press secretary; the man is not only a trained warrior himself, he was a military leader.

Is it just a coincidence?

First, Ms. P., the White House press secretary, tears up when she discusses (not in the press conference room) laws that are perceived as anti-gay.

Now we have Mr. K. tear up.

If both persons were sincere, that's fine.

If it is a orchestrated plan to show how humane this Administration is, that is another matter.

First, Ms. P., the White House press secretary, tears up when she discusses (not in the press conference room) laws that are perceived as anti-gay.

If it is a orchestrated plan to show how humane this Administration is, that is another matter.
Damn - even for a committed cynic and misanthrope like myself, that's dark.

I say cut Mr. Kirby a little slack here for being human. Russians have committed unspeakable atrocities against Ukrainians, and I'm sure he has seen the pictures. At least one that has been published is of a 3-year old girl who was raped to death. Not that it takes having kids of your own to be horrified by atrocities such as this, but he does have a daughter to whom he is very close.

If I had to examine the details of the war crimes Russia has done in Ukraine, I'd probably get emotional too.
I've avoided it because I know it's more than I could handle, it's enough to know the general overview and that they need held to account if at all possible.

But they have nuclear weapons.

I say cut Mr. Kirby a little slack here for being human. Russians have committed unspeakable atrocities against Ukrainians, and I'm sure he has seen the pictures. At least one that has been published is of a 3-year old girl who was raped to death. Not that it takes having kids of your own to be horrified by atrocities such as this, but he does have a daughter to whom he is very close.
I am not so jaded in my middle age that I can't be moved by war crimes, especially those against children. Putin has much to answer for.

I am not so jaded in my middle age that I can't be moved by war crimes, especially those against children. Putin has much to answer for.
I thought about this when I read that Putin had attended an Orthodox Easter Mass and wondered how much he has to be rationalizing about what is "necessary" in war.

It's just awful when people tear up over massacres.

Such horrible political machinations.

shoo

I heard that Carlson keeps a gold plated dildo up his ass while on the air. That‘s why he has that weird expression all the time.

Yes indeed. Quite another matter. We'll discover the real purpose behind these peculiar emotional machinations of these humans in due time.

1651385025507.png

Shades of "Munich" - except that this time NOT all of the Brits, French, and Americans are in favour of appeasement. Do you know which of the three ARE in favour of appeasement?

I know where Kirby is coming from. The first Bucha pics gave me a nasty stomach roll.

This woman has no soul, compassion...nothing. Lacking those things must be a prerequisite for her job:

"Among other gibberish, he said it was ‘hard to look at what Russian forces are doing in Ukraine.’ Really? How hard can it be for an American rear admiral to look at anything?" she asked.

This woman has no soul, compassion...nothing. Lacking those things must be a prerequisite for her job:

On the slow news day upside, the May Day lull has called such a halt to proceedings that all the 'fake news' war narrative has is what one 'spokesperson' has to say about another 'spokesperson'.

I find this deeply troubling. You cannot show your enemies weakness to their face. Especially when you're a top spkesperson forwhat is the strongest nation on Earth where every word, action and thought have significant meaning on the world stage.

Save it for behind closed doors.

What a *****. Imagine being a grown man and crying in public because you saw photographs. But since he’s the emotional type someone oughta show him pictures of the Barack Obama memorial slave mart in Libya and the death caused by Operation CIA promoted Arab Spring and our purposeful prolonging of civil war there

Can you imagine Patton doing this?

I know where Kirby is coming from. The first Bucha pics gave me a nasty stomach roll.
You should keep in mind that there are a whole lot of people in the US who agree with Dr. Seuss

ADOLF THE WOLF.JPG

Just as there are a whole lot of people (primarily Republicans [and especially Republican Senators and Representatives]) in the US who (tacitly) backed appeasement of Nazi Germany LONG after Germany had invaded Poland (and the Scandinavian countries [and the Baltic countries {and the Benelux countries <and France and Russia - and was bombing the UK ->}]).

What a *****. Imagine being a grown man and crying in public because you saw photographs. But since he’s the emotional type someone oughta show him pictures of the Barack Obama memorial slave mart in Libya and the death caused by Operation CIA promoted Arab Spring and our purposeful prolonging of civil war there

Can you imagine Patton doing this?
Feel free to print, frame, and hang on your wall this graphic (which you most certainly do appear to agree with).

ADOLF THE WOLF.JPG

I thought about this when I read that Putin had attended an Orthodox Easter Mass and wondered how much he has to be rationalizing about what is "necessary" in war.
If he is sincere, that's fine.

If it is an orchestrated plan to show how humane he is, that is another matter.

Back
Top Bottom