• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon chief of staff quits

So another person from Boeing?
Huh? He was a career military officer, that's why his first name is "Rear Admiral". Are we going to fast?

Source: (Washinton Examiner) Pentagon chief of staff quits

My thought:

Correct me if I'm wrong, ladies & gentlemen. But does it seem Trump is developing a military problem?

I think it's been cooked for a while and I don;t think anybody in the military trusted him at all. It's reached the point with him that people are jumping in order to distance themselves from what's coming down a very short road.

Not surprising. Trump is a weak leader and no competent military person wants to be associated with the ******st administration in US history.

Huh? He was a career military officer, that's why his first name is "Rear Admiral". Are we going to fast?

Here's a clue: Shanahan.

Hope that wasn't too fast either.

My thought:

Correct me if I'm wrong, ladies & gentlemen. But does it seem Trump is developing a military problem?

I don't know how the rate compares with other administrations, but i note that 25 or 26 senior US military personnel have decided that they "could no longer serve" in the past two years.

I draw no conclusions, only point out the fact.

Trump has had a “military problem” from square one; it’s surprising that it has taken this long for folks to see/admit!

Is it better to be inside pissing out or be on the outside pissing in?

If a military officer has "issues" with their higher command (to the point where they consider that to remain in place means that they must violate their oath of office), then the "honourable" thing to do is to resign.

No military problem. Trump knows more than all of the generals. After all, he went to military school in his childhood AND seemingly avoided injury during his personal Vietnam.

And, unlike some of those "loser officers" he was never "captured by the enemy".

Not surprising. Trump is a weak leader and no competent military person wants to be associated with the ******st administration in US history.

Yet this is how his base sees him....

trump_tank.0.jpg

It's that "swamp" everyone talks about; insiders who don't want a bull-in-the-china-shop messing up their interconnected deals.

This is the problem faced by every wide-eyed new office holder. IMO, for example purposes only, it's what Ms. Ocasio-Cortez faced when she ended up voting for Pelosi notwithstanding prior declarations to do otherwise.

That is a problem that will be 100% resolved simply by instituting term limits so that all of the elected representatives are (effectively) ALWAYS "wide-eyed new office holders".

This is indeed disturbing news. We become more vulnerable to a takeover by Russia or China or whoever, every day.

I suspect that the Russians and Chinese governments are likely aware that they have enough domestic problems that need dealing with to not be very interested in taking on America's domestic problems as well.

Letting Americans abdicate the role that the United States of America has filled so that the Russians and Chinese no longer have to worry about that external problem will probably suffice for the Russians and Chinese.

I suspect that the Russians and Chinese governments are likely aware that they have enough domestic problems that need dealing with to not be very interested in taking on America's domestic problems as well.

Letting Americans abdicate the role that the United States of America has filled so that the Russians and Chinese no longer have to worry about that external problem will probably suffice for the Russians and Chinese.

These aren't merely 'domestic problems' as you say. These things go right to the very core of our foundation as a nation. These are things that are enormously corrosive to a democracy and this is exactly what autocratic governments like China and Russia want to see.

Well, this is reasonable Captain. But the problems are more highly exasperated by Trump's terrible narcissistic qualities, along with his legal investigation problems.

In fact I can't think of any corporate CEO that screws with his personnel publicly, like Trump does. So there's more here than him being an outsider businessman - though your point has validity.

This management style doesn't work well if you're looking to build trust and loyalty. He takes to social media when he's displeased with someone and berates them publicly. If your goal is to build distrust and high turnover, this is it. None of this should be surprising because Trump never directly managed large teams of people; with that experience you learn how to balance when and how to be assertive. The turnover in the WH is a direct representation of failed personnel management.

That's an interesting possible angle, there. Who knows? But this quote seems pretty dark:

Although there does appear to be legal authority for Mr. Trump "declaring a state of national emergency", there is no legal authority for Mr. Trump to exercise that power to the extend (by analogy) of (effectively) passing an "Enabling Law".

One of the minor problems with the constitution of the United States of America is that there is no "With Good Reason" limitation on the powers of the President.

My thought:

he attacks former decorated veterans left right and center, now his defense secretary leaves, then the Pentagon chief of staff leaves. This is not a good thing, all that is good is that the US military killed the bastard that was behind the Cole attack, good riddance to a bad dude.

Yet this is how his base sees him....

trump_tank.0.jpg

That's the saddest part. We have a coward in chief and our enemies are laughing their asses off. We are no longer the leader of the free world. They successfully installed a puppet to weaken our nation. They don't even need to go to war with us. They are destroying us from within.

181130-putin-mbs-laugh-feature.jpg

Which is actually an excellent idea!

"The United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)[5] is a U.S. federal agency under the Department of Defense and a major Army command made up of some 37,000 civilian and military personnel,[1] making it one of the world's largest public engineering, design, and construction management agencies. Although generally associated with dams, canals and flood protection in the United States, USACE is involved in a wide range of public works throughout the world. The Corps of Engineers provides outdoor recreation opportunities to the public, and provides 24% of U.S. hydropower capacity.

The corps' mission is to "Deliver vital public and military engineering services; partnering in peace and war to strengthen our Nation's security, energize the economy and reduce risks from disasters."[6] ..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Corps_of_Engineers

Of course, since the funds to do that cannot - legally - come from any other slice of the budget pie, that would mean that the entire $25Bn (possibly as high as $50Bn) would have to come out of the Defense Department budget.

Pulling $25Bn out of the Defense Department budget and re-purposing it for "The Wall" would, of course, have absolutely no impact of the ability of the Defense Department to provide military force where military force is needed - right?

The guy who skipped an Arlington visit on Veteran's Day because it was raining?

Not true.

Mr. Trump went to Arlington. It was the visit to the military cemetery, in France, where hundreds of American troops that had died fighting the Nazis were buried and which he travelled over 2,000 miles to attend that he cancelled because it was raining.

Of course the national leaders from the other countries involved thought that the inconvenience of getting rained on was worth it in order to pay their respects to those who had died - including the Americans who had died - to help defeat the Nazis.

Maybe the inclement weather aggravated Mr. Trump's bone spurs.

"Knowledgeable source tells me that White House forced out Pentagon Chief of Staff Rear Admiral Kevin Sweeney."

-Jake Tapper
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1081919067731169280

Since Mr. Trapper was not personally present and has not released the verified unedited and pristine recording of "the White House forc(ing) out Pentagon Chief of Staff RAdm Kevin" then the so-called "source" doesn't exist and the so-called "report" is a deliberate lie designed to destroy America that is being promulgated by a **T*R*A*I*T*O*R**.

Right?

PS - the "Kreepy Kook Kevin is dumb as a rock" tweet will be arriving any day now.

They can be happy that Trump has gotten them more money and is trying to turn back the worst of the Obama social experiments and that he has mandated that the basics have to happen...there will be for instance no more of these Navy crews that cant do basic navigation and then run into other ships.....not anymore.....not under Trumps Command!

Was that sarcasm? Because that all happened under Trump's command.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/21/544952975/u-s-navy-destroyer-collides-with-cargo-ship-off-singapore

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-navy-crash-singapore/u-s-destroyer-mccain-collision-which-killed-10-sailors-caused-by-sudden-turn-singapore-idUSKCN1GK0HU

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/fishing-vessel-hits-us-navy-ship-south-korea/index.html

These aren't merely 'domestic problems' as you say. These things go right to the very core of our foundation as a nation. These are things that are enormously corrosive to a democracy and this is exactly what autocratic governments like China and Russia want to see.

That may be the case, but that doesn't mean that either the Russians or the Chinese want to "take over" the United States of America.

Now if you say that the Russians and the Chinese want to "over take" the United States of America, I won't disagree with you.

Of course, since "take over" and "over take" BOTH contain the words "take" and "over" some people are genetically incapable of telling the two apart.

Don't forget, Hawkeye is under the Delusion that Trump is running the country. The rational world realizes it's his staff doing it while the baby in chief eats big macs, watches hannity and soils his depends.

Back
Top Bottom