• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon Approves National Guard Request as Trucker Convoys Head to D.C.

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The truckers have a right to protest. They don't have a right to stop traffic and turn the area into a mess.

I wish they would protest peacefully and not cause a traffic mess and hope that is what they do.

I hope that the National Guard won't be needed but it's best to have them around just in case.

I just have to ask, why now? The mandates are being eased. The time to protest was when it all started.

Not when it's all ending.

The truckers have a right to protest. They don't have a right to stop traffic and turn the area into a mess.

I wish they would protest peacefully and not cause a traffic mess and hope that is what they do.

I hope that the National Guard won't be needed but it's best to have them around just in case.

I just have to ask, why now? The mandates are being eased. The time to protest was when it all started.

Is there a list of protesters which are allowed to 'shut down traffic and cause a mess'? Asking for Seattle and Portland.

Are these deplorables really going to do a cheap imitation of Canada deplorables at Fox's insistence?

What ignorant, manipulated dolts.

Once upon a time, the Left claimed to represent the blue-collar working class people.
Nowadays, the Left sneer, smear and spit on the blue-collar working class people, calling them deplorables, ignorant dolts, racist, misogynist, etc.

The Left have ditched the blue-collar working class people, in favor of globalism and their new buddies on Wall Street and Silicon Valley, big capital and big tech.

Anyone remember Orwell's Animal Farm and how it ends? Nah, that's banned reading among the Left.

Are these deplorables really going to do a cheap imitation of Canada deplorables at Fox's insistence?

What ignorant, manipulated dolts.

It seems like they are.

They will get a lot of funding to do it too.

I support their right to protest. I don't support blocking traffic and making a mess in an area that already has bad traffic.

They should stand on the sidewalks with their signs, get permits to march. We all have the right to protest and I will defend that right no matter if I agree with what they are saying or not.

But, why now?

When when all the mandates are being eased?

Whey didn't they do this when the lockdowns and mandates started in 2020?

Why did they wait until it's on the way to being over with restrictions being eased?

It seems like they are.

They will get a lot of funding to do it too.

I support their right to protest. I don't support blocking traffic and making a mess in an area that already has bad traffic.

They should stand on the sidewalks with their signs, get permits to march. We all have the right to protest and I will defend that right no matter if I agree with what they are saying or not.

But, why now?

When when all the mandates are being eased?

Whey didn't they do this when the lockdowns and mandates started in 2020?

Why did they wait until it's on the way to being over with restrictions being eased?

Monkey see, monkey do.

It's rather simple, rather obvious.

We are talking about Trumptards here.

I am not all surprised that you use fiction as citation.

So Trump like.

You live in a world of fiction, and that's why you're at war with reality.

Pentagon Approves National Guard Request as Trucker Convoys Head to D.C.
---As it should be, as it should have been on January 5th, goddammit.​

Amazing. DC mayor now wants National Guard to defend it from a peaceful protest of american citizens who happen to be truckers. The DC mayor didn't want them when Trump made them available during the Jan 6 rally. She used them to direct traffic. The democrats around the country didn't want National Guard troops during the riots in LA, SF, NYC, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and a host of others. Now she wants to punish law abiding trucker who are exercising freedom of assembly and speech. Just like a democrat/marxist.

Amazing. DC mayor now wants National Guard to defend it from a peaceful protest of american citizens who happen to be truckers. The DC mayor didn't want them when Trump made them available during the Jan 6 rally. She used them to direct traffic. The democrats around the country didn't want National Guard troops during the riots in LA, SF, NYC, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and a host of others. Now she wants to punish law abiding trucker who are exercising freedom of assembly and speech. Just like a democrat/marxist.
Small correction. It wasn't up to the DC mayor to request them for the capitol. That falls squarely on the Capitol police and congressional leadership.

off topic, deflection, red herring, whataboutism
lol. That's a big swing and a miss. Actually, four strikes there.

Why is it that these protesters "don't have a right to stop traffic and turn the area into a mess" yet others do, in places like Seattle, Portland, and Austin?

I don't think they do. I'm firmly opposed to any protesters stopping traffic. But, there's a glaring disconnect in the messaging from the left.

Purposely blocking roads is not "law-abiding." It is illegal to block a road.

Small correction. It wasn't up to the DC mayor to request them for the capitol. That falls squarely on the Capitol police and congressional leadership.
I believe all of them can request them but only the President can authorize them.

Why is it that these protesters "don't have a right to stop traffic and turn the area into a mess" yet others do, in places like Seattle, Portland, and Austin?

I don't think they do. I'm firmly opposed to any protesters stopping traffic. But, there's a glaring disconnect in the messaging from the left.
The reason it may seem like a disconnect is because there is no connection between the issues, nor the people involved. Treating 'the left' as if it is one entity is the mistake. 'The left' is a lot of different people with different ideas. It is disingenuous to attempt to hold person B responsible for the actions/words of person A, even if they are both left of center.

Then to say that truckers have a right to do something wrong, stop traffic, just because somebody else did, is saying that two wrongs make a right. That is not true. Wrong is wrong. It doesn't matter if someone else did something wrong. That doesn't make it OK to do the same thing.

If Seattle protestors stopped traffic, it was wrong. They never had a right to do that.

One of the ironic things is if steps had not been taken prior to this to prevent problems, the problems would have been blamed on the government with demands of why didn't the government do something to prevent this from happening.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Nope. Your entire post was perfectly described by each word I typed. It's why I called you on it.
Strawman.
I don't think they do. I'm firmly opposed to any protesters stopping traffic.
Then you should have said so in your first post, instead of posting irrelevant, off topic, red herring whataboutisms.
But, there's a glaring disconnect in the messaging from the left.
No there isn't.

I believe all of them can request them but only the President can authorize them.
The mayor can, and did, request national guard assistance to manage traffic. The capitol itself is not under her jurisdiction.

The secretary of defense approves deployment.

The secretary of defense approves deployment
I'm very certain that is only after the President approves it or specifically delegates that authority.

I think the NOW component has to do with some states lagging behind with the easing ...
And this is AFTER the year long revelation about masks being relatively ineffective and the virus having a death rate comparable to the flu. The main difference is the death rate really affects those greater than 65 whereas the flu has a higher rate among children.
I am guessing they think the stubborn ones and the Fed need the message sent?

You live in a world of fiction, and that's why you're at war with reality.

Your posts are consistent, very 8th grade-ish.

You would be served well to regard my posts as a serious student would his teachers words.

She could have place them immediately next to the capital grounds. She also could have contacted the capital police, the Spkr and Minority leader to arrange the ok. So it's her negligence.
She was just not doing her duty.

Damn shame liberals don't feel that way when the protest/riot is happening in a democrat controlled city and they are protesting Trump or police. Hypocrites for sure.

Once upon a time, the Left claimed to represent the blue-collar working class people.
Nowadays, the Left sneer, smear and spit on the blue-collar working class people, calling them deplorables, ignorant dolts, racist, misogynist, etc.

The Left have ditched the blue-collar working class people, in favor of globalism and their new buddies on Wall Street and Silicon Valley, big capital and big tech.

Anyone remember Orwell's Animal Farm and how it ends? Nah, that's banned reading among the Left.
Exactly what are these idiots protesting?

Back
Top Bottom