• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon Approves National Guard Request as Trucker Convoys Head to D.C.

Damn shame liberals don't feel that way when the protest/riot is happening in a democrat controlled city and they are protesting Trump or police. Hypocrites for sure.

Cry some more.

I'm very certain that is only after the President approves it or specifically delegates that authority.
No, there is a specific process. Presidential authorization isn't needed. Worth noting though that it was reported that President Trump had already authorized whatever resources were needed for the inaguration.

She could have place them immediately next to the capital grounds. She also could have contacted the capital police, the Spkr and Minority leader to arrange the ok. So it's her negligence.
She was just not doing her duty.
Again - that's not her job. She can't force help in the capitol.

There were a number of people that questioned why the Capitol police didn't ask for national guard support. It would be a good thing for a congressional committee to dive into

I think the NOW component has to do with some states lagging behind with the easing ...
And this is AFTER the year long revelation about masks being relatively ineffective and the virus having a death rate comparable to the flu. The main difference is the death rate really affects those greater than 65 whereas the flu has a higher rate among children.
I am guessing they think the stubborn ones and the Fed need the message sent?

I don't know where you get your information but Yale University did the largest real time study on masks and found that masks reduce the spread of covid.

You really think that the flu kills 5,890,818 people in two years? That is how many people have died world wide in 2 years with the pandemic.

The flu doesn't kill that many people.

Nor does the flu leave normally healthy people with long term health problems like heart problems, brain fog and others.

Nor does the flu cause people to have to need organ transplants. Covid does.

To say it's like the flu is ridiculous and people should know better by now.

As for what some states are still doing, what does that have to do with Washington DC? Shouldn't they be protesting in those states? Since it's the state governor and other authorities who are imposing mandates, not the federal government in DC. The government in DC can't do anything about what a governor does in a state.

So I'm back to why now?

What in the world is there to protest and why do it where it's the least effective?

I think the NOW component has to do with some states lagging behind with the easing ...
And this is AFTER the year long revelation about masks being relatively ineffective and the virus having a death rate comparable to the flu.
HOG WASH

22-02-23 A2 - COVID vs Other Causes TABLE.JPG
22-02-23 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG

Influenza and pneumonia deaths. Number of deaths: 53,544; Deaths per 100,000 population: 16.3; Cause of death rank: 9. (Source: National Vital Statistics)

COVID-19 is the #3 cause of death in the US and its CURRENT estimated 1 year deaths is between 909,441 and 1,005,172.
The main difference is the death rate really affects those greater than 65 whereas the flu has a higher rate among children.
I am guessing they think the stubborn ones and the Fed need the message sent?
Thank you for opening yet another door to "The Twilight Zone".

Exactly what are these idiots protesting?
I believe that they want to be able to re-enter the United States of America (without having been vaccinated) after they have been in a country that will not let them enter unless they have been vaccinated.

How they plan on "unvaccinating" themselves I have absolutely no idea.

I don't know where you get your information but Yale University did the largest real time study on masks and found that masks reduce the spread of covid.

You really think that the flu kills 5,890,818 people in two years? That is how many people have died world wide in 2 years with the pandemic.

The flu doesn't kill that many people.

Nor does the flu leave normally healthy people with long term health problems like heart problems, brain fog and others.

Nor does the flu cause people to have to need organ transplants. Covid does.

To say it's like the flu is ridiculous and people should know better by now.

As for what some states are still doing, what does that have to do with Washington DC? Shouldn't they be protesting in those states? Since it's the state governor and other authorities who are imposing mandates, not the federal government in DC. The government in DC can't do anything about what a governor does in a state.

So I'm back to why now?

What in the world is there to protest and why do it where it's the least effective?
That's the problem with those that choose to "self educate' themselves by listening to assholes. They just regurgitate shit.

I believe that they want to be able to re-enter the United States of America (without having been vaccinated) after they have been in a country that will not let them enter unless they have been vaccinated.

I think the idea is that people should be perpetually mad and politically active, without bothering to have any specific grievances or solutions they would like to see implemented...

I think the idea is that people should be perpetually mad and politically active, without bothering to have any specific grievances or solutions they would like to see implemented...
You mean republicans?

If you don't start getting better grades you're gonna end up driving a truck!"

Make that "... without bothering to have any specific _(or even reality based)_ grievances or solutions _(or solutions that are even remotely workable)_ they would like to see implemented." and you have a deal.

Once upon a time, the Left claimed to represent the blue-collar working class people.
Nowadays, the Left sneer, smear and spit on the blue-collar working class people, calling them deplorables, ignorant dolts, racist, misogynist, etc.

The Left have ditched the blue-collar working class people, in favor of globalism and their new buddies on Wall Street and Silicon Valley, big capital and big tech.

Anyone remember Orwell's Animal Farm and how it ends? Nah, that's banned reading among the Left.

No, the left has little respect for bigots, no nothings , and the kind of fool that thinks a crooked billionaire awash in Russian debt.

Are these deplorables really going to do a cheap imitation of Canada deplorables at Fox's insistence?

What ignorant, manipulated dolts.
They are being fed misinformation from Russian Trolls.

The truckers have a right to protest. They don't have a right to stop traffic and turn the area into a mess.

I wish they would protest peacefully and not cause a traffic mess and hope that is what they do.

I hope that the National Guard won't be needed but it's best to have them around just in case.

I just have to ask, why now? The mandates are being eased. The time to protest was when it all started.

Not when it's all ending.

Why now?

That’s easy.

They can only repeat the old lies, distortions, and distractions for so long.

Even before the Ukraine war broke out, it was very clear to everyone that Trump was guilty of sedition and plotting an insurrection. It was obvious that trump’s influence and power was falling rapidly.

So, the angry white resentment needed a new outlet. Right wing media needed something not overtly racist to keep the eyeballs on their screens, and the usual collection of right wing con artists and grifter knew they could raise more sucker money off of it.

It’s pointless. They don’t have anything to protest in the US, as there are no government mask mandates taht affect them at all. And the Canadian truckers that they’re supposed to show “solidarity” with have gone home.

But B roll of truckers with trump signs and stupid slogans on them will be on Fox Noise for days, even though the whole thing is completely pointless.

It’s “reality” news for media that would rather not talk about the fuhrer’s failed insurrection plot (after all, there a lot of Fox faves on the list of conspirators).

And that was before their former hero endorsed Russian aggression in Ukraine.

Why now?

That’s easy.

They can only repeat the old lies, distortions, and distractions for so long.

Even before the Ukraine war broke out, it was very clear to everyone that Trump was guilty of sedition and plotting an insurrection. It was obvious that trump’s influence and power was falling rapidly.

So, the angry white resentment needed a new outlet. Right wing media needed something not overtly racist to keep the eyeballs on their screens, and the usual collection of right wing con artists and grifter knew they could raise more sucker money off of it.

It’s pointless. They don’t have anything to protest in the US, as there are no government mask mandates taht affect them at all. And the Canadian truckers that they’re supposed to show “solidarity” with have gone home.

But B roll of truckers with trump signs and stupid slogans on them will be on Fox Noise for days, even though the whole thing is completely pointless.

It’s “reality” news for media that would rather not talk about the fuhrer’s failed insurrection plot (after all, there a lot of Fox faves on the list of conspirators).

And that was before their former hero endorsed Russian aggression in Ukraine.

You're deeply trapped in a delusion.

Trump, a self-styled maverich reformer, innocently demanded reform for NATO, including NATO partners paying their fair share as per their commitments to the organization, and for that the corrupt NATO lobby got stirred up like a hornet's nest and came down on him like a ton of bricks. Within hours of Trump's statement, NATO shill Madeleine Albright appeared on MSNBC, expressing her alarm and calling Trump "crazy" -- all because he dared to ask NATO members to pay their fair share. Within a few days, allegations suddenly surfaced that Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort had "worked for Russia" (so had his Democrat colleague, and furthermore they'd also worked for Ukraine.) Then those allegations were quickly spun into "suspicions" that Trump had ties with Putin. And the Russia Collusion Hoax went into high gear --- all because Trump had dared to ask hallowed holy NATO to pay their fair share.

And ignorant people like you just swallowed this conspiracy theory hook, line and sinker, without even challenging it, when it wasn't even based on any evidence whatsoever -- not a shred of it.

You're deeply trapped in a delusion.

Trump, a self-styled maverich reformer, innocently demanded reform for NATO, including NATO partners paying their fair share as per their commitments to the organization, and for that the corrupt NATO lobby got stirred up like a hornet's nest and came down on him like a ton of bricks. Within hours of Trump's statement, NATO shill Madeleine Albright appeared on MSNBC, expressing her alarm and calling Trump "crazy" -- all because he dared to ask NATO members to pay their fair share. Within a few days, allegations suddenly surfaced that Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort had "worked for Russia" (so had his Democrat colleague, and furthermore they'd also worked for Ukraine.) Then those allegations were quickly spun into "suspicions" that Trump had ties with Putin. And the Russia Collusion Hoax went into high gear --- all because Trump had dared to ask hallowed holy NATO to pay their fair share.

And ignorant people like you just swallowed this conspiracy theory hook, line and sinker, without even challenging it, when it wasn't even based on any evidence whatsoever -- not a shred of it.
Trump has always been a conman and it seems you are one of his marks.

Trump claimed to be a populist but sought policies that helped the rich and himself. There is a reason the 2017 tax bill contained special tax cuts for real estate developers.

While you said, above, that Paul Manafort worked for Ukraine, you neglected to mention that was the previous Ukrainian corrupt government aligned with Russia.

Trump has always been a conman and it seems you are one of his marks.

Trump claimed to be a populist but sought policies that helped the rich and himself. There is a reason the 2017 tax bill contained special tax cuts for real estate developers.

While you said, above, that Paul Manafort worked for Ukraine, you neglected to mention that was the previous Ukrainian corrupt government aligned with Russia.

Your replies are third rate crap. You're just phoning it in now.

Your buddy Biden actually had dirty dealings with Ukraine, through his son Hunter. Likewise, he's got dirty dealings with China.

The truckers have a right to protest. They don't have a right to stop traffic and turn the area into a mess.

I wish they would protest peacefully and not cause a traffic mess and hope that is what they do.

I hope that the National Guard won't be needed but it's best to have them around just in case.

I just have to ask, why now? The mandates are being eased. The time to protest was when it all started.

What are the chances that this convoy thing is being funded by Russia covertly in part or in whole to try and distract us from their actions against Ukraine.

Your replies are third rate crap. You're just phoning it in now.

Your buddy Biden actually had dirty dealings with Ukraine, through his son Hunter. Likewise, he's got dirty dealings with China.
Show your work. You are merely parroting right wing propaganda. There is absolutely no truth that either Biden committed a crime. If there was, Trump and Barr would have indicted them when they had the chance.

Anyone who believes the propaganda from right wing sources are useful idiots.

Moreover, none of that has anything to do with what I wrote in #44. You can’t argue it so you attempt to change the subject.

I hope that this is peaceful and no buildings are burned and no one is injured or killed.

Putin wanted us to be distracted.

Show your work. You are merely parroting right wing propaganda. There is absolutely no truth that either Biden committed a crime. If there was, Trump and Barr would have indicted them when they had the chance.

Anyone who believes the propaganda from right wing sources are useful idiots.

Moreover, none of that has anything to do with what I wrote in #44. You can’t argue it so you attempt to change the subject.

Plenty of evidence from Hunter Biden's laptop.

Back
Top Bottom