• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon approves 700 National Guardsmen and 50 tactical vehicles ahead of possible trucker convoys in DC

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It will be interesting to see how Washington deals with this convoy compared to Canada's approach. Preparing to use the National Guard indicates to me that the US approach will be quite a bit firmer.

(CNN) The Defense Department on Tuesday approved the use of 700 National Guard members and 50 large tactical vehicles ahead of possible trucker convoy protests descending on the Washington area in the coming days, according to the DC National Guard.

One of the organizers of the convoy has already suggested the protest may not remain peaceful.

Mike Landis, one of the trucker organizers, said it will be a peaceful protest but added: "If they get ignored, you never know what could happen from there."

The intent seems to be to cause disruption to the Washington DC economy.

One group says they are planning to head from Pennsylvania to the District of Columbia on Wednesday morning, arriving in the afternoon after a stop in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, according to Bob Bolus, a trucker from Scranton, Pennsylvania. They are hoping to disrupt the highways around DC and put a "stranglehold" on the DC economy, Bolus said.

As was the case in Canada there are extremist groups backing the protest, including calls for violence against police.

There has been involvement from extremists online, the official said. On Monday, for example, a neo-Nazi accelerationist Telegram channel posted a video encouraging violence against police in response to officers using force to deter Canadian convoy protesters, according to SITE Intelligence Group.

Link

It will be interesting to see how Washington deals with this convoy compared to Canada's approach. Preparing to use the National Guard indicates to me that the US approach will be quite a bit firmer.

One of the organizers of the convoy has already suggested the protest may not remain peaceful.

As was the case in Canada there are extremist groups backing the protest, including calls for violence against police.

Link
If this 'protest' even happens I hope these folks are smart enough to keep it peaceful. The use of violence will destroy any support they may have if they have any to begin with?

What I don't understand is how does any of this help the average american? I look at it as the deplorables once again acting out because they're angry.

Fingers crossed for a few martyrs as this will knock more nails into the Dementia Kid's cross .

What a ridiculous waste of government time and money.

Link
I'm betting it's gonna be tiny if it happens at all. Conservatives aren't usually team players in this way, especially without some rabble rouser there to egg them on. They'll mostly be sitting in front of fox watching to see other people do it.

Fingers crossed for a few martyrs as this will knock more nails into the Dementia Kid's cross .
You're actually hoping your own people get killed?

There is something seriously wrong with you.

What I don't understand is how does any of this help the average american? I look at it as the deplorables once again acting out because they're angry.
You might be on to something. Some of the truckers feel they are going to protest the "stolen election".

If BLM with a history of violence was coming would the same response have been warranted?

You might be on to something. Some of the truckers feel they are going to protest the "stolen election".
The only thing stolen was their ability to think clearly. If nothing else, trump is an excellent con man.

I think if we had a NG things would have been handled differently here. I don't want one but clearly we need laws outside of the EA that allows the RCMP to augment municipal police and perhaps even have command and control abilities. By law there must be a full post mortem and report issued by a panel consisting of equal representation of all recognized parties. I think that a recommendation to allow this will come out of it.

You're actually hoping your own people get killed?

There is something seriously wrong with you.

All revolutions need martyrs .

Or, the modern version , False flags which simulate martyrs.

Perhaps History and Logic were not on your school curriculum .

You really need to the Beatles song Revolution, really!!!

They'll have to shoot each other; the NG won't be armed or given arrest powers.

Um...what exactly are the truckers protesting anyways?

The "convoy" in Canada was advertised as thousands of semi trucks and breaking the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest convoy. It turned out to be a dozen trucks and a few pick-ups flying Confederate flags. It was Canada's Unite the Right Rally.

Still, given Jan 6, it's wise to be prepared. All it takes is one group of valor-stealing scumbags (Oath Keepers) for shit to get well sideways.

Your handlers have dropped the ball on this one. Americans don't think like that.

If BLM with a history of violence was coming would the same response have been warranted?
Absolutely.Oh wait you were asking the people who felt that BLM was justified in destroying their communities and businesses because of the false idea by black racist and cop haters that cops are out hunting black people.

Last edited:

Link
Hopefully those units include a bunch of M88s and some other towing vehicles should the truckers decide to block the roads.

What a ridiculous waste of government time and money.
Yeah, having to put a stop to a astroturf protest that is trying to accomplish what?
End mask mandates, already happened.
High gas prices, nothing says protest high gas by driving a gas guzzlers 2500 miles.
just what do these bozos think they are going to do?

Back
Top Bottom