• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pennsylvania Senate GOP Debate Hi-lites

You'd think he was still President, they way these guys are talkin'!
We’ll see as the primaries progress, how many ‘endorsements’ help or hinder. I’m surprised the “Youngkin Model” isn’t used by more of them.

We’ll see as the primaries progress, how many ‘endorsements’ help or hinder. I’m surprised the “Youngkin Model” isn’t used by more of them.

It's the primary.

PA GOP is a hot mess.

The GOP rank and file support Trump. That means those politicians had better support Trump, as well, if they hope to have a chance in their primary.

Spoken like a true authoritarian supporter.
Not at all. Spoken like I recognize reality.

Those candidates do, too.

Not at all. Spoken like I recognize reality.

Those candidates do, too.
Fair enough.

That said, do you or do you not support one man's absolute control of one of the two major political parties?

Fair enough.

That said, do you or do you not support one man's absolute control of one of the two major political parties?
shrug...

What I support or don't support doesn't matter. I'm not a member of any party.

Keep in mind that political parties are clubs. The people who matter are the club members.

You'd think he was still President, they way these guys are talkin'!
He got a lot of votes in PA even in 2020, more than I'd like.

shrug...

What I support or don't support doesn't matter. I'm not a member of any party.

An evasion.

Keep in mind that political parties are clubs. The people who matter are the club members.
That has nothing to do with a non elected official dictating an entire parties political machine.

An evasion.
No. It's not.

I don't have a dog in the Republican intra-party fight.

That has nothing to do with a non elected official dictating an entire parties political machine.
Since Trump has the backing of the rank and file, he is...in effect...speaking for them. So, he's not "dictating" anything.

No. It's not.

I don't have a dog in the Republican intra-party fight.

You didn't answer the question. That is an evasion.

Since Trump has the backing of the rank and file, he is...in effect...speaking for them. So, he's not "dictating" anything.
Speaking for the rank and file and dictating policy are not mutually for exclusive. He is in fact dictating policy...although that "policy" exists almost solely as a culture war against Democrats and American institutions.

Ironically, I think it is accurate to say Trump is the deep state.

No worries though. I am done with this round and round. Thanks for your time.

Consider me dismissed.

You didn't answer the question. That is an evasion.

Speaking for the rank and file and dictating policy are not mutually for exclusive. He is in fact dictating policy...although that "policy" exists almost solely as a culture war against Democrats and American institutions.

Ironically, I think it is accurate to say Trump is the deep state.

No worries though. I am done with this round and round. Thanks for your time.

Consider me dismissed.
Okay. Your request is granted.

You are dismissed.

Fair enough.

I don’t think trump qualifies as a “man”.

But I agree with you aside from that.

The GOP rank and file support Trump. That means those politicians had better support Trump, as well, if they hope to have a chance in their primary.
Like it or not, it does seem to be a reality...

What happens, however, if Trump AND DeSantis run against each other in the primary? DeSantis is Trump lite, but does not have the extra baggage that Trump has and had (lying and cheating on ex wives, misogynistic comments, blatantly lying during his first term in office).

Like it or not, it does seem to be a reality...

What happens, however, if Trump AND DeSantis run against each other in the primary? DeSantis is Trump lite, but does not have the extra baggage that Trump has and had (lying and cheating on ex wives, misogynistic comments, blatantly lying during his first term in office).
They won't run against each other.

Back
Top Bottom