• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pennsylvania GOP Slams Dominion Systems For Canceling On Giving Testimony... to discuss voting irregularities

To be completely honest, it would be very tempting to treat Biden and the people who voted for him with the same contempt and disdain that they treated Trump and his supporters with. Their current glibness does not really draw me ant closer to taking a more forgiving and hospital position either. Ultimately I really can't answer you because I am not sure until it plays itself out.

A lot will also depend on the case that is made for voter fraud and how compelling I find it.

I will say this much, I will stand by what I said before this election.
I do not care which one wins, I would like to see the other party pass everything that person campagined on. Imo the voters deserve to be respected for what they voted for.

With Biden its kinda strange because he took very few positions at all, but the few he took, the republicans should give him.

I don't really care if you treat me with contempt. It won't influence how I treat other people. It just doesn't matter. Its really about how you decide you want to feel.

How transparent of them.

What are they hiding?

Why has their staff scrubbed their Twitter accounts?

Rep. Dawn Keefer later said at a press conference Friday that the GOP members had questions such as, “Were test runs done, conducted before the election? Were they done after the election?”

...“How do we know? Does Dominion use open-source software so that observers can go in and see exactly what switches are being turned on and turned off? We don’t know. Moreover, how tightly controlled is the source code, and who has control of that source code?”

Committee member Rep. Seth Grove snapped, “Instead of running towards the light of honesty and integrity, Dominion Voting Systems retreated to the darkness. Why?... If Dominion’s products were successful and operated as they were supposed to, why wouldn’t Dominion take the opportunity to publicly review its success?”

Claiming that Dominion had not released any post-election evidence to prove their result were accurate, he queried, “How hard is it to say ‘our ballot machines worked exactly as promised and they are 100 percent accurate’? … If they have nothing to hide, why are they hiding from us?”

The democrats and the media are going to ignore the improprieties, so they have little reason to worry since the dems are in control of the government and the FBI and justice dept are full of career crooks who do the bidding of the democrats.

I actually agree with about Trump not being more forward.with what his second term agenda would be.

It would be whatever he thinks would bring him more attention from his base.

I don't really care if you treat me with contempt. It won't influence how I treat other people. It just doesn't matter. Its really about how you decide you want to feel.
I treat people with the same respect as they treat me with.

The democrats and the media are going to ignore the improprieties, so they have little reason to worry since the dems are in control of the government and the FBI and justice dept are full of career crooks who do the bidding of the democrats.

So many grievances. So many enemies.

I treat people with the same respect as they treat me with.

You just said you are tempted to treat Biden and his supporters with the same contempt they treated Trump. Are you living vicariously through Trump and his supporters.

Oh, it is a SAFE PLACE for regressive Right Wing Nut cry babies?

Gotcha!
Nice. I might need to look in there.

You just said you are tempted to treat Biden and his supporters with the same contempt they treated Trump. Are you living vicariously through Trump and his supporters.
I said i am tempted but i generally treat people with the same respect they treat me with. I think i can safely say you will find more than a handful of progressive posters on this site that would attest to that claim.
There's a few i am rude to because they are rude to me but i mostly get along with people when its possible.
You and I disagree but I think we have been respectful toward each other.

Just to let you know the Dem's are not in control of the government They only control the House right now
Have a nice day

They know if i voted or not and where i cast my vote. They don't know which ballot is mine. They know how many people voted but not who they voted for.
Mail in ballots do not have the same chain of custody. We don't know who filled the ballot out or who mailed it. We don't know where the ballots originated from. The are much more vulnerable to fraud but by all means keep pretending it isn't and let's see how all this ends up.
You do know that people who cannot write (maybe paralyzed, maybe have other issues, but still mentally competent) are allowed to have other people help them with their ballot, right? I had an uncle who was quadraplegic. He couldn't write, sign his name, do any sort of fine motor tasks with his hand (he had to be helped to drink beer and smoke), but he could still legally vote.

You do know that people who cannot write (maybe paralyzed, maybe have other issues, but still mentally competent) are allowed to have other people help them with their ballot, right? I had an uncle who was quadraplegic. He couldn't write, sign his name, do any sort of fine motor tasks with his hand (he had to be helped to drink beer and smoke), but he could still legally vote.
You are really grasping at straws with this one.
Since you brought it up, how exactly does that work? How does someone else vote for him? Is there some sort of registration process the other person must satisfy or can he just grab anyone off the street to fill out his ballot for him?

The GOP is corrupt to the core. Not a few people but the entire bunch. Trump is King there, all else is subservient to that established fact, including the law.

All the citizenry paid for the machines but that was only a planned GOP PARTISAN, alleged, "board of inquiry". Dominion wisely and rightfully saw the BS hand writing on the wall and bowed out.

If they, the PA GOP, want to have an inquiry of Dominion make it open and bipartisan and fair.

No one could argue with that could they?
Who gave you that story? THey were scheduled to testify before the public in the Pennsylvania legislature

Because it's the Trump-Giuliani shitshow.
THey weren't testifying the Trump or Guliani. THey were scheduled to testify before the Penn Legislature. **** the public?

Chomsky, with all due respect, do you realize what you just posted?

Dominion Software wants Biden in office?

Why would waiting 60 days help? Trump can still sue with Biden in office.

Please clarify if I misinterpreted.
You have never offered up one ounce of actual proof of your Q anon fantasies Reuben.

Why is that?

Ask bernie bros if they think the elections are rigged. They sure as hell thought so in 2016 against clinton.
That's a continuous gripe that Bernie's most ardent supporters (which appears to include people who want Dems to lose elections) cling to no matter what the outcome is. They continued to do it this year despite Sanders's own multiple statements to the contrary.

That's a continuous gripe that Bernie's most ardent supporters (which appears to include people who want Dems to lose elections) cling to no matter what the outcome is. They continued to do it this year despite Sanders's own multiple statements to the contrary.
My point is that people on both sides, in significant numbers, do not have faith in our election process. That is enough of a reason to reform the system to remove the doubts of those people.
I just watched an interview with a spokesperson from dominion and if what he said is true I feel better about those machines. If I understood him correctly, when you vote the machine prints out a copy of your vote which you then drop into a ballot box. That way there is a paper count and an electronic count that can be matched to each other. If thats the case, I am ok with that system.

THey weren't testifying the Trump or Guliani. THey were scheduled to testify before the Penn Legislature. **** the public?
No, I'm talking about joining the whole Trump-Giuliani-GOP shitshow. Why would they let themselves get played? They can simply wait them out.

You just explained a lot to me. I supported the investigation then as i support one now. I believe the best way to instill confidence in the system is by turning over every rock to everyones satisfaction.

Not when the other side is determined to push conspiracy theories at your expense. Then every finding, even normal deficiencies will be blown out of proportion and no company would be willing to attract such type of publicity. The accussed does not have to say anything. It is those who make the acussations who need to make their case,

My point is that people on both sides, in significant numbers, do not have faith in our election process. That is enough of a reason to reform the system to remove the doubts of those people.
I just watched an interview with a spokesperson from dominion and if what he said is true I feel better about those machines. If I understood him correctly, when you vote the machine prints out a copy of your vote which you then drop into a ballot box. That way there is a paper count and an electronic count that can be matched to each other. If thats the case, I am ok with that system.

Does this point apply to how the Trump administration used the post office or to how the resources for poll stations were allocated to districts with large minorities, or how the districts were shaped by partissan gerrymandering, and who and how spread robocalls with false messages trying to convince voters not to use mail-in ballots.
If people want to read discussion about the integrity of elections, then EVERYTHING has to be on the table, including the role of the Trump goverment in the attempt to use Ukraine to get info about Hunter Biden. These witnesses that were never called in thee senate must testify under oath at some point.

Did you see the word Chomsky at the beginning of that sentence?
Reuben, you followed a lunatic, you spread her garbage all over this forum, and we all told you that was an idiotic thing to do.

You did it anyway.

Comedy freaking gold!

I will reply to whatever the hell stupid post you make...only problem is that there are so many of them Reuben.

Does this point apply to how the Trump administration used the post office
Yes i have already said that the post master general needs to explain why he violated a judges order.

or to how the resources for poll stations were allocated to districts with large minority districts
I have no objecting to looking into that

or how the districts were shaped by partissan gerrymandering,
I have suggested to grid states into equally populated squares that are drawn nondiscriminately through cities, farms, suburbs, black communities, white communities, etc... progressives don't like that suggestion because they argue they should be allowed to have gerrymandered districts that benefit them. They actually argued that in court.

and who and how spread robocalls with false messages trying to convince voters not to use mail-in ballots.
Sure, why not
If people want to read discussion about the integrity of elections, then EVERYTHING has to be on the table, including the role of the Trump goverment in the attempt to use Ukraine to get info about Hunter Biden. These witnesses that were never called in thee senate must testify under oath at some point.
I agree that everything should be looked at.
Im not clear what your beef is with the ukraine phone call, that was investigated and there was nothing there, but its certainly fair game to discuss.

My only interest is in a fair election process. I dont care which side it benefits or puts at a disadvantage. That is their problem. I am on the side of the voters.

Back
Top Bottom