• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pennsylvania GOP Slams Dominion Systems For Canceling On Giving Testimony... to discuss voting irregularities

Why does it need to be secret?
It doesn't need to be to satisfy me. I have already said that I would accept mail in ballots if the votes could be traced back to the person who cast the vote.

It doesn't need to be to satisfy me. I have already said that I would accept mail in ballots if the votes could be traced back to the person who cast the vote.

Let's eliminate the secret ballot and then verification would be trivial....

Only 60 Days until Winner Senile Old Sleepy Joe once more emerges from his Victorious Basement HQ and shoves it in ersatz president "one and done" Donny Dip Shit's face, as Sleepy Joe takes the oath of office and becomes our 46th President of the United States of America.

Millions of sane, rational and politically well informed folks will stand up and cheer in happiness and joy; being released from the worst presidency ever as millions of Trump Stupid's will cry their loser tears as they realize all their Dear Leaders horses asses and all their Dear Leaders psycho minions, in the end, could not steal the election from Sleepy Joe!

(y)🇺🇲:love:

Is this what it’s like on Parler? I don’t think I’ve seen such a torrent of adolescent name calling since I was in high school.

Dominion called their lawyers and were told: "Hell no, you don't have to go to that inquiry."

If you are Dominion what would waiting it out accomplish? If I were them I would want to cooperate with anyone who was asking to be assured of the reliability of the company's machines.
Not cooperating only gives rise to peoples suspicions that the results are not even sufficently accurate for dominion to have enough confidence in their equipment to hold up to scrutiny by outside parties.
Its not a good look for them.
I wouldn't let myself get sucked into the Trump-Giuliani nonsense hour. They'll be gone in less than two months. Good riddance.

You’re making a big assumption here, which is that Powell is bluffing about bringing cases against them. And that she’s also bluffing about her assertion that the US military seized the Scytl server from Germany.

Dominion could have cleared all this mess up in an hour, but they chose to be evasive and cancel. Meanwhile, they are closing offices, and many employees are removing their LinkedIn profiles.
My friend, I don't buy into any of this nonsense - and neither does anyone else outside the Trump bubble. This is no different than Giuliani's laptop, and you see no one got involved with that nonsense - either. Less than to months until sanity re-emerges, and nothing more we can do until then except ignore the nonsense, which it seems most of us have learned to do.

How transparent of them.

What are they hiding?

Why has their staff scrubbed their Twitter accounts?

Rep. Dawn Keefer later said at a press conference Friday that the GOP members had questions such as, “Were test runs done, conducted before the election? Were they done after the election?”

...“How do we know? Does Dominion use open-source software so that observers can go in and see exactly what switches are being turned on and turned off? We don’t know. Moreover, how tightly controlled is the source code, and who has control of that source code?”

Committee member Rep. Seth Grove snapped, “Instead of running towards the light of honesty and integrity, Dominion Voting Systems retreated to the darkness. Why?... If Dominion’s products were successful and operated as they were supposed to, why wouldn’t Dominion take the opportunity to publicly review its success?”

Claiming that Dominion had not released any post-election evidence to prove their result were accurate, he queried, “How hard is it to say ‘our ballot machines worked exactly as promised and they are 100 percent accurate’? … If they have nothing to hide, why are they hiding from us?”

Alright, I'm a skilled, experienced software engineer (over forty years in various industries) - consider me an expert compared to most people here - now what's all this BS about? calm down and start from the beginning.

I do not consider requiring a person to show up in person on one day that you are given 4 years to prepare for so big of an inconvenience that it would meet the definition of disenfranchisement.
Then you will continue to be angry about mail in voting, because society will continue to need to have voting work for them and not the other way around.
🤷‍♀️

I wouldn't let myself get sucked into the Trump-Giuliani nonsense hour. They'll be gone in less than two months. Good riddance.
Even if Trump loses his challenges do you really think he is gonna ride off into the sunset? This fight isn't even close to being over.

They have the right to fight it in court but it raises the question of why?
Not really. Most lawyers would tell people even if they are innocent not to speak to "officials" on any sort of record if you know you are part of any sort of upcoming case. The President's lawyers have put out some allegations against this particular company and now members of the Party the President belongs to, a President who has lately been speaking privately with other members of his Party, want to have a discussion with just this particular company about their voting machines. They would be very smart not to talk to such people at all outside of court.

It is their job to ensure the elections are accurate and free of fraud.
It is their job to ensure they are treating people and businesses fairly in that matter. Why did they not also ask to speak with those companies who own other machines their state used to vote with?

Then you will continue to be angry about mail in voting, because society will continue to need to have voting work for them and not the other way around.
🤷‍♀️
You can shrug me off but I am not a lone voice in this. At least half the country probably more like 75% of this country does not believe our elections are legitimate.

I have thought about those situations and I have a reasonable to most of it.

Military people can all vote in person on base by simply putting rlection booths in place on the base or ship.
You show your ID and fill out the ballot for whatever district your registered in, and then the military sends your vote to your state election board. By doing it that way you maintained the anonymity of your vote but also created a chain of custody. Thats how you do it.
Similar process can be used at colleges. You can have proxy polls on campus that allows out of state students to vote.
If your traveling overseas go to our embassy present your ID and vote there.
I would also expand it to include prisons as well. I don't think you should lose your voting privilege because you are in jail.
The only group that my method would not catch is those who are physically unable to travel. I think a very narrow exception could be carved out for them to mail in their ballots but they would have to give up their anonymity. I would require all mail in ballots
to be signed.
No, they cannot just vote in person on a ship. Ships do not work that way. We mail in our ballots. Bases are the same way. States handle elections. You are literally putting certain voters ballots in the hands of the federal government.

You are trying to come up with ways to reduce an already almost nonexistent problem by creating a much bigger, and much more expensive one.

Not really. Most lawyers would tell people even if they are innocent not to speak to "officials" on any sort of record if you know you are part of any sort of upcoming case. The President's lawyers have put out some allegations against this particular company and now members of the Party the President belongs to, a President who has lately been speaking privately with other members of his Party, want to have a discussion with just this particular company about their voting machines. They would be very smart not to talk to such people at all outside of court.
That is a fair point

You can shrug me off but I am not a lone voice in this. At least half the country probably more like 75% of this country does not believe our elections are legitimate.
Not even 75% of republicans think there is an issue

And I am quite certain that number will go down as Trump continues to lose court cases and the issue cycles out of the news.

So yeah, as of now, there is no reason for me not to shrug it off and every reason advocate that everyone gets their chance to vote.

Overall, 73 percent of Americans polled in the Nov. 13-17 survey said they believed Biden won the election, while 5 percent say they thought Trump won.

No, they cannot just vote in person on a ship. Ships do not work that way. We mail in our ballots. Bases are the same way. States handle elections. You are literally putting certain voters ballots in the hands of the federal government.

You are trying to come up with ways to reduce an already almost nonexistent problem by creating a much bigger, and much more expensive one.
When you put your vote in the mail you are putting your vote in the hands of the gov and that has a cost associated with it.

You are among a very small voice here. It is not "mail in" voting that the majority has issues with. That is only the majority of Republicans and that is because certain people have been leading them to believe it is bad and untrustworthy because those people know that such voting harms them.

It is their job to ensure they are treating people and businesses fairly in that matter. Why did they not also ask to speak with those companies who own other machines their state used to vote with?
I could not tell you if they did or did not. Nor can I tell you their reasons. Why does any of that matter?

When you put your vote in the mail you are putting your vote in the hands of the gov and that has a cost associated with it.
Either way, yes it does. But the military has to take orders from the President. The Postal Service is not nearly as forced into obedience. Not to mention the potential issues with not allowing communications from certain ships, places.

We already have a method of voting for military, families, college students, whoever that is secure and works, mail in ballots. Deal with it.

I could not tell you if they did or did not. Nor can I tell you their reasons. Why does any of that matter?
If they are only calling one company, they are basing any "beliefs" about the voting system integrity they have off of the unsupported conspiracy theories being put out by President Trump and his minions.

Even if Trump loses his challenges do you really think he is gonna ride off into the sunset? This fight isn't even close to being over.
No, most of us don't because there are a lot of people who have realized that Trump is a very sore loser and doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Did you have to sign the ballot or just the envelope you sent it in. If you signed the ballot i would not be uncomfortable with that systems security.
Which state does this?
You don't sign your ballot when you vote in person. You shouldn't have to sign it to vote by mail either. There is enough security there. Maybe people should stop trying to make so much out of nothing because Trump can't accept that he lost the election.

Back
Top Bottom