• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pennsylvania drivers' licenses

I was in very much the same scenario once, only on a motorcycle and I got a ticket for 117 in a 55.
We were doing 155 and a CHP was going the other way... started crossing the big grass median and we were already miles up. Dumped the car in a residential track. Walked to some local shops and called a taxi. Did not go back for the car for a couple of days. It was my fiends car.

PA DL's are good for 2 years if you select that option when renewing. Every 4 years or so you have you are forced by state law to go to a state photo center where they'll even laminate your card.

One of the main problems with this facility is that it is small & cramped. You walk in, take a number & then wait for at least an hour. This is bad enough with no COVID but with no rigid mask or vaccination mandates, you might as well climb into a lab Petri dish where they are breeding viruses.

I had an accident & have to go to PT before I will be able to drive my 4-speed stick, so I have no immediate need for a complete DL. And even though I've gotten my 3 Pfizer jabs, I have no enthusiasm for getting exposed to any recent variants.

I'll look for possible workarounds.

J
I hate how often you have to renew your DL in PA, especially when seeing my wife's that was good until like 2046. It's just a means to extort money from people.

Back
Top Bottom