• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pennsylvania coronavirus restrictions deemed unconstitutional, federal judge rules

So.

How many people does it take X?

How many of your countrymen are you personally willing to sacrifice?

I don’t want to “sacrifice” anyone, Jet, but I support people’s rights to decide for themselves how much risk is acceptable to them as well as how to mitigate them. We all take on risks every time we leave the house. Risks that could be greatly reduced by the government keeping lockdown restrictions on us from now until the end of time, but I’d think (hope) nobody would find that reasonable. My question to you is how much freedom are you willing to “sacrifice” for safety and for how long?

I don’t want to “sacrifice” anyone, Jet, but I support people’s rights to decide for themselves how much risk is acceptable to them as well as how to mitigate them. We all take on risks every time we leave the house. Risks that could be greatly reduced by the government keeping lockdown restrictions on us from now until the end of time, but I’d think (hope) nobody would find that reasonable. My question to you is how much freedom are you willing to “sacrifice” for safety and for how long?

That’s precisely what the court was deciding.. Now, based on the legal argument in the opinion, would you bet this opinion survives appeal?

Come on the shut down or at least the most dramatic versions of it have all occurred in Democrat run places and it's purely political. Democrats have to resort to fnup the country to try to win an election and the fact they would do that is sad. They don't care about the people, they care about winning the White House so they can implement their crazed agenda. Part of that agenda is to put billions of dollars into alternative energy like wind and solar to put big money in those corporations hands.

Nonsense. Democrats had the most restrictive shutdowns because at the time that was the best way to get the virus under control.

Take NY as an example. They had one of the most restrictive shutdowns in the country. They also had the most new infections per capita per day. Their shutdown along with other measures has allowed them to turn them from the worst to one of the best new infection rates per capita in the country. Their new infection rate is 3.6, FL at 11.7, TX at 11.3, SC 19.2, SD 24.7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where you (and the judge) are off base is that no one is saying that the restrictions should last until the end of time. They should only last until the virus is under sufficient control that they can be lifted which of course is the intent of all governors. The judge’s opinion is going to be appealed, but it seems that objection could be remedied by spelling out the conditions that would be required for removing the restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not according to BLM.... Just ask them and they will set you straight.

Oh, you don't understand about what the BLM means. BLM doesn't mean that all lives don't matter. BLM is just say "Hey, you are treating us as if our lives don't matter, and they do". When it comes to how the police treat citizens, it's important to say BLM , because the systematic racism is affecting how the police treat black lives differently than how it treats everyone else.

When it comes to the virus, everyone is treated the same. The virus care.

Trump-appointed judge, no?

If it was an Obama-appointed judge ruling in a way you thought Obama liked, you'd have a completely different reaction. But you're you, so you've probably told yourself that this is proof that judges see what horrible freedoms-stealers those hated libruls are.

At any rate a district court's ruling is hardly the end of the story. Hell, you all cheered bloody murder when a panel of circuit judges jumped on Sullivan, but then the Circuit Court heard the case en banc and wompity-womp. We'll see what happens here...

People too stupid to take sensible precautions are a self-correcting problem. Off they go, the world will not miss them.

To be fair, anyone who is worried about dying from Covid-19 is free to stay home and never come out.

1 million cases or 1 million deaths? What you’re really asking is if I can envision a set of circumstances in which I would support lockdown measures, and sure, I can, but there needs to be a balancing of interests. Shutting down the economy is harmful so it should be taken seriously and be a last resort.

Trump could have shut down the nation for 6 weeks, ramped up everything and you know what we would be doing? Most likely saying trump was gonna blow out Biden.
Because we would have been put of the worst and managing this correctly.

Instead you ****ing babies have to whine about wanting a hair cut.

That’s precisely what the court was deciding.. Now, based on the legal argument in the opinion, would you bet this opinion survives appeal?

Who cares?? I find it laughable that liberals are questioning a judge deeming it illegal to shut down businesses, while liberals happily support "the right to protest" in the middle of a pandemic, which requires huge congregations of people yelling and spitting. It's the height of hypocrisy. Thanks!!

Trump could have shut down the nation for 6 weeks, ramped up everything and you know what we would be doing? Most likely saying trump was gonna blow out Biden.
Because we would have been put of the worst and managing this correctly.

Instead you ****ing babies have to whine about wanting a hair cut.

Right. While you "***ing babies" want to the right to protest, yell and spit in close quarters, and scream in the faces of policemen. And btw, it's Pelosi "wanting the hair cut" or did you forget?? Thanks!!

All those years in office and Biden doesn't even know about Constitutional protections. This is what happens when people keep electing swamp creatures. After awhile, they begin to think of themselves as royalty. Nancy Pelosi, anyone?

Just more nonsense. Back on August 13th before the convention Biden first called for a nationwide “mask mandate.” Here’s how he framed it:

“Every single American should be wearing a mask when they’re outside for the next three months at a minimum,” Biden said at a press appearance in Wilmington, Delaware. “Every GOVERNOR should mandate mandatory mask wearing.”

Biden calls for nationwide mask mandate as he pushes plan to combat coronavirus Joe Biden calls for a nationwide mask mandate to combat coronavirus

As you can see he sees this as being carried out by the governors. During the convention he again mentioned the need for a nationwide mask mandate but did not mention the mechanics of carrying it out and all the right wingers cry out “Constitution.” Since the convention it has been explained again that the Governors would actually be the ones to implement it.

Now I can see how you right wingers get confused because the “news” you get is filtered. For example here is Fox’s August 13 story. You can see that it conveniently does NOT mention the Governors at all just to get you guys stirred up:

Biden calls for mandate requiring all Americans to wear masks | Fox News

Obviously Biden BECAUSE of his years in office knows about constitutional protections.

On the other hand Trump on April 13 with his “When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total. And that's the way it's got to be. It's total." obviously doesn’t understand anything about the constitution. This is what happens when people keep electing morons like Trump. Washington may have been a swamp before but Trump has turned it into a cesspool.

Really? Is it the right that’s supporting protesters not social distancing and yelling in the faces of others (like cops, diners in a restaurant, a US Senator) without masks?
Only if they are assholes with guns.

It has nothing to do with magic and everything to do with determining whether there is sufficient government interest in curbing constitutional rights and for that
And what is the "government interest" if the government is of the people by the people and for the people?

Come on the shut down or at least the most dramatic versions of it have all occurred in Democrat run places and it's purely political. Democrats have to resort to fnup the country to try to win an election and the fact they would do that is sad. They don't care about the people, they care about winning the White House so they can implement their crazed agenda. Part of that agenda is to put billions of dollars into alternative energy like wind and solar to put big money in those corporations hands.
Retarded crap.

Just more nonsense. Back on August 13th before the convention Biden first called for a nationwide “mask mandate.” Here’s how he framed it:

“Every single American should be wearing a mask when they’re outside for the next three months at a minimum,” Biden said at a press appearance in Wilmington, Delaware. “Every GOVERNOR should mandate mandatory mask wearing.”

Biden calls for nationwide mask mandate as he pushes plan to combat coronavirus Joe Biden calls for a nationwide mask mandate to combat coronavirus

As you can see he sees this as being carried out by the governors. During the convention he again mentioned the need for a nationwide mask mandate but did not mention the mechanics of carrying it out and all the right wingers cry out “Constitution.” Since the convention it has been explained again that the Governors would actually be the ones to implement it.

Now I can see how you right wingers get confused because the “news” you get is filtered. For example here is Fox’s August 13 story. You can see that it conveniently does NOT mention the Governors at all just to get you guys stirred up:

Biden calls for mandate requiring all Americans to wear masks | Fox News

Obviously Biden BECAUSE of his years in office knows about constitutional protections.

On the other hand Trump on April 13 with his “When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total. And that's the way it's got to be. It's total." obviously doesn’t understand anything about the constitution. This is what happens when people keep electing morons like Trump. Washington may have been a swamp before but Trump has turned it into a cesspool.

Biden flip-flopped after saying he would impose a national shutdown and call for a national mask mandate.

Biden said he would follow public health advisers' advice if they called for a national shutdown should he take office and the coronavirus had not abated. "I would be prepared to do whatever it takes to save lives. We cannot get the country moving until we control the virus," Biden said in an interview broadcast Sunday night on ABC News.

Asked specifically whether he'd push a national shutdown if scientists said it was necessary, Biden replied: "I would shut it down!"

Joe Biden says he'd shut down economy if scientists recommended

A few weeks later, after sternly calling for a national mask mandate, he did an about-face, softened his language, and said it wouldn't be necessary and deflected to the states. I think he realized he did not have the authority to make a national mask mandate or shut down the country constitutionally. Your mmv.

A reporter asked what Biden would do “if you had economic advisers saying, ‘You do this again, you could plunge the country into an even deeper economic crisis’.”
Biden said:
The idea that you’re going to be able to get the economy back on track, without getting COVID under control, is completely counter-intuitive. It’s not there. It can’t happen. So unless we’re able to deal with the disease, and drastically cut its impact on people’s confidence of being able either to go to work or walk into a business or do business, then it doesn’t matter at all. There’s going to be no need, in my view, to be able shut down the whole economy. I got asked a question by David Muir a question, if I was asked to shut everything down. I took that as a generic question, if — am I going to follow the science.
Biden went on to say that his mask “mandate” was not really a mandate, but that he would put “pressure” on state and local officials to require people to wear masks.

Joe Biden Flip-flops on Shutting Down the Economy Again

Right. While you "***ing babies" want to the right to protest, yell and spit in close quarters, and scream in the faces of policemen. And btw, it's Pelosi "wanting the hair cut" or did you forget?? Thanks!!
Right because that asshole Cain was a BLM protester.

Back
Top Bottom