• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pennsylvania coronavirus restrictions deemed unconstitutional, federal judge rules

1 million cases or 1 million deaths? What you’re really asking is if I can envision a set of circumstances in which I would support lockdown measures, and sure, I can, but there needs to be a balancing of interests. Shutting down the economy is harmful so it should be taken seriously and be a last resort.

Awww... so your position is that it wouldn’t be unconstitutional if the threat was bigger?

1 million cases or 1 million deaths? What you’re really asking is if I can envision a set of circumstances in which I would support lockdown measures, and sure, I can, but there needs to be a balancing of interests. Shutting down the economy is harmful so it should be taken seriously and be a last resort.

But it’s not as if Americans in many parts have been shown to be able to act responsibly, or be able to discern information and misinformation correctly during this crisis and that includes you.

If it’s unconstitutional, then what does the death toll matter?

Clearly the power of the state is in question here, so it’s magically not unconstitutional if how many die?

A million? 10 million?

How many people does it take X Factor?

Awww... so your position is that it wouldn’t be unconstitutional if the threat was bigger?

But it’s not as if Americans in many parts have been shown to be able to act responsibly, or be able to discern information and misinformation correctly during this crisis and that includes you.

If it’s unconstitutional, then what does the death toll matter?

Clearly the power of the state is in question here, so it’s magically not unconstitutional if how many die?

A million? 10 million?

How many people does it take X Factor?

Hate to tell you both but the laws or other mandates that limit constitutional rights, are subject to balancing tests all the time.
Balancing Test - FindLaw

It has nothing to do with magic and everything to do with determining whether there is sufficient government interest in curbing constitutional rights and for that, the details of the threat (or whatever is causing the government action), such as death rate vs recovery, do matter.

Makes Biden's insistence he'd lock us ALL down if elected even funnier.

Biden made such a big deal about forcing the entire country to mask up but them back tracked big time and said it would be unconstitutional!
He ranted about how president Trump has handling it and then said he would do the same thing regarding masks. Poor Biden....

It’s scary to me that there is a judge out there who thinks he has the power to overturn Supreme Court decisions. This issue was litigated in the Supreme Court ages ago and its decision stands regardless of what this judge says.

What are the Supreme Court decisions you are referencing?

Hate to tell you both but the laws or other mandates that limit constitutional rights, are subject to balancing tests all the time.
Balancing Test - FindLaw

It has nothing to do with magic and everything to do with determining whether there is sufficient government interest in curbing constitutional rights and for that, the details of the threat (or whatever is causing the government action), such as death rate vs recovery, do matter.

Let’s check your understanding of the opinion. Which test did Judge Stickman use for each aspect of the case?

Balancing Test - FindLaw

So.

How many people does it take X?

How many of your countrymen are you personally willing to sacrifice?

Come on the shut down or at least the most dramatic versions of it have all occurred in Democrat run places and it's purely political. Democrats have to resort to fnup the country to try to win an election and the fact they would do that is sad. They don't care about the people, they care about winning the White House so they can implement their crazed agenda. Part of that agenda is to put billions of dollars into alternative energy like wind and solar to put big money in those corporations hands.

Come on the shut down or at least the most dramatic versions of it have all occurred in Democrat run places and it's purely political. Democrats have to resort to fnup the country to try to win an election and the fact they would do that is sad. They don't care about the people, they care about winning the White House so they can implement their crazed agenda. Part of that agenda is to put billions of dollars into alternative energy like wind and solar to put big money in those corporations hands.

What does this rant have to do with the judges opinion?

Biden made such a big deal about forcing the entire country to mask up but them back tracked big time and said it would be unconstitutional!
He ranted about how president Trump has handling it and then said he would do the same thing regarding masks. Poor Biden....

All those years in office and Biden doesn't even know about Constitutional protections. This is what happens when people keep electing swamp creatures. After awhile, they begin to think of themselves as royalty. Nancy Pelosi, anyone?

I bet you it will be appealed, because, lives are at stake. All lives matter... even mask deniers.

No lives can matter until Black lives matter. You obviously didn't read the left's manifesto...

It will be stayed and the overturned... Lochner v. New York... lmao....

Does this mean I need to put my red, white and blue freedom streamers away because obviously YOU know all about this?

Does this mean I need to put my red, white and blue freedom streamers away because obviously YOU know all about this?

Go read page 52 of the opinion and notice the citation to Lochner v. New York... lol. This is getting tossed....

Nonsense.

Biden explained that he would work with the Governors to get a national mask mandate. Trump has discouraged the wearing of masks even when Governors were trying to get their constituents to wear them.

Absolutely NOT the same thing. In fact essentially a polar opposite!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And most of those shut downs were in the beginning when nobody knew what to do, and shutting down was a reasonable idea as to how to control the spread
in NY alone when it started in the First of march it spread so fast it was unbelievable over 75,000 cases in a month. just think what it would have been if they didn't shut down
Have a nice night

Trump judge.

Back
Top Bottom