• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pennsylvania Congressman Dan Meuser tests positive for coronavirus

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Republican U.S. Rep. Dan Meuser, who represents part of the Coal Region, says he tested positive for the coronavirus - The Morning Call

U.S. Rep. Dan Meuser said Saturday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, making him the second federal lawmaker from Pennsylvania to announce a positive diagnosis amid the coronavirus pandemic.

A spokesman for Meuser, a Republican whose 9th District includes Carbon and Schuylkill counties, said Saturday afternoon that the lawmaker was “feeling fine,” and that he has contacted everyone he interacted with during the last 72 hours.

“I have been following all [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] health and safety guidelines, and will be taking all necessary actions, including postponing upcoming public events and working from home in quarantine until I receive a negative test result,” Meuser said in a statement. “I am thankful to God that my grown children were not at home and that my wife Shelley has tested negative.”

The test result means Meuser was not on Capitol Hill Saturday, where House lawmakers were voting on legislation to boost funding for the U.S. Postal Service and prohibit operational changes that could delay mail service, affecting ballots in the presidential election.
======================================================================
I wonder if he ever wore a face mask?

best wishes for a full recovery.

Back
Top Bottom