• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence's Wife

Is a school banning gays...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Show me one instance where the Immanuel Christian School has intimidated anyone.

No, the intimidation here is from the left, who have seemed to have adopted the position, narrative and strive to make public policy that any and all religion is bad (well, except for Muslim - but little do they realize), and that religion needs be vanquished, not only from the public square, but also from those that wish to believe's lives, so that government can take its place; destroying part of the social fabric that has, and still is, holding society together, whether you'll admit it to yourself or not.

No one is asking or demanding that any from the left be forced to attend this school.
Don't like it? Don't like the school? Don't like the values they teach?
Tough.
Last I recall, to believe differently, to have different values is called diversity and isn't a crime, no matter how much you want to make it so.
Don't like it?
Open your own private school. Do what you want there.

WOW again holy meltdown batman what on gods green earth are you talking about? what are you responding to are you reading something the rest of us cant see LMAO

Christian education often includes bigotry. Some can argue it isn’t “hateful” but it is definitely bigotry. I don’t have an issue with his wife working there, though. She wasn’t elected to anything.

VP Pence, however, can shove his “offense” where the sun don’t shine. You don’t get to be offended because people are calling out bigotry. Or at least don’t expect your offense to be taken seriously. I don’t care if the bigotry is sanctioned by your religion.

Just because a religious school may be bigoted doesn't make Mrs. Pence a bigot for working there and doesn't make the husband of a worker their a bigot. But that's exactly what CNN and NYT want you to think thou.

The next thing the left is going to do will assault is this school's, and other similar school's, accreditation, for the mere fact that those in this school have the temerity to believe different and have different values.

Whatever happened to this embrace of 'diversity', or is that only apply to the 'diversity' the left approves of?

Please prove that this is actually happening and not the paranoid fantasies of right wing zealots.

And speaking of diversity, since when has the right “embraced” the diversity of viewpoints and values that are different from theirs? Pence certainly has shown that he doesn’t “embrace” the diversity that you’re demanding from the left. Why aren’t you criticizing him?

Im a Christian and i was never taught to hate gays or to treat them as lessers or to judge them or to make laws that would discriminate against them. People that do that are doing of thier own regard and not Christianity.

im not familiar with this private school but i would be curious on how it works . . .but it is a private school . . as long as thier rules are put forward and its contractual . .well . theres a lot they can do thats not illegal..

as for pence being offended that others judging his, his wives or the schools bigotry and being extremely dishonest can claiming its just "christian education" . . tough, nobody honest, educated and objective falls for it LMAO

Pence ought to look in the mirror. Who is he to judge others. He's not God or even Dog.

Please prove that this is actually happening and not the paranoid fantasies of right wing zealots.

And speaking of diversity, since when has the right “embraced” the diversity of viewpoints and values that are different from theirs? Pence certainly has shown that he doesn’t “embrace” the diversity that you’re demanding from the left. Why aren’t you criticizing him?
Ironic that your post proves the very issue you're disputing.

Question: is being "Slightly Liberal" the same as being "slightly pregnant"? :shock:

Uh, discriminating against people is an action, not a belief. You understand that; right?

Oh, maybe you don't.

Which discrimination occurred here? Cite it.

Oh, the only discrimination is that there other people who don't believe leftist ideology and have other beliefs.
Yes, yes, that MUST be punished and stamped out says the left. All in the name of 'diversity'. :roll:

Oh, yes he does!
The Constitution says our citizens have a right to be offended and express that offense publicly. Sort of like you have in the above post of yours.
Sorry, but the VP has the same rights as every other citizen.

Is that where you stopped reading? I corrected myself in the following sentence.

Pence ought to look in the mirror. Who is he to judge others. He's not God or even Dog.

people like pence dont do that (look in the mirrior)
he is free to be upset but like its already been said nobody honest and objective will take it seriously because its pure dishonesty and hypocrisy.

Good point.

I do believe the school in question is a wholly privately funded school. Without any public money the government really has little to say about it.

No one if forcing anyone to enroll or attend that school.

Yet another example of many, of the tyrannical left and their desire to dictate to everyone else and force everyone else's compliance their SJW BS.

So we should let religion take over the country?? Sounds like you support bigotry too.

What a snowflake.

What’s tyrannical about exercising ones free speech rights to denounce offensive aspects of what a Christian school is teaching? The school remain free to continue teaching the kids offensive hateful stuff. Religious zealots are these tyrannical ones trying to intimidate their critics into silence with their demagoguery.

Speaking of tyrannical.............from the right. They are against free speech or basically any other amendment but the 2nd.

Just because a religious school may be bigoted doesn't make Mrs. Pence a bigot for working there and doesn't make the husband of a worker their a bigot. But that's exactly what CNN and NYT want you to think thou.
it is? can you qoute them saying so?

also FYI Pence is factually a bigot by definition regardless of this issue, i dont know his wife :shrug:

I didn't vote, but I'm not freaking out about this. She's a literal Christian. Big deal. They're nuts and they know it.

Their stance on gays is well noted. Pence as governor supported "aversion therapy". Like pray away the gay??

So we should let religion take over the country?? Sounds like you support bigotry too.

What a snowflake.

Any religion, including atheism and agnosticism, shouldn't take over the government. This is what the separation of church and state are all about.

This does not extend to practice of religion, which is a guaranteed constitutional right, regardless of what the left would like to believe.
Nor should this separation extend into any non-governmental venue.

According to their published rules they ban homosexuals AND those who condone or endorse homosexual activity. So it would seem she is either a bigot or she is lying to her employer.

According to their published rules they ban homosexuals AND those who condone or endorse homosexual activity. So it would seem she is either a bigot or she is lying to her employer.
IMHO, living by one's religious convictions is not bigotry. YMMV.

'The next thing' should be your first clue that it's not happened, yet. But it will - admittedly, a bit of prognostication there. Take it for what you will.

I read the entire passage.
Not seeing it.

then you are factually lying about it or ignorant of the fact he made the correction. Pick one theres no other option, either way its YOUR issue and he is correct in what he ACTUALLY said. :shrug:

Ironic that your post proves the very issue you're disputing.

Question: is being "Slightly Liberal" the same as being "slightly pregnant"? :shock:

How so?

Are you suggesting that we as people have to condone or endorse homosexual activity or else we get labeled a bigot?

I thought one could be indifferent toward homosexuality and not be a bigot and then they still would be complying with that schools rules and they would not be lying.

Their stance on gays is well noted. Pence as governor supported "aversion therapy". Like pray away the gay??

The topic here is the school and the schools rules and how that reflects on the Vice President.

The topic here is the school and the schools rules and how that reflects on the Vice President.

no thats the topic YOU tried to make up and you failed at it, try again.
the actual topic is pence hypocritically and dishonestly crying about people using their free speech to out his, his wifes and or the schools bigotry whole he practices his own and wants to be taken seriously but its not working

Are you suggesting that we as people have to condone or endorse homosexual activity or else we get labeled a bigot?

I thought one could be indifferent toward homosexuality and not be a bigot and then they still would be complying with that schools rules and they would not be lying.

If you don’t condone homosexuality then that would make you a bigot in my book...on this issue at least.

Back
Top Bottom