• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence is tops in conservatives' straw vote

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Pence is tops in conservatives' straw vote - Yahoo! News

About 723 out of more than 2,000 registered attendees cast Saturday at the annual Values Voter Summit. Pence was the top choice for president with 24 percent of the vote.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, received 22 percent, followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Palin.

Palin was given the honors for vice president. She came in second behind Pence, who also topped that category.

Since I know almost nothing about the guy, I went to his website and looked at the issues section. He is not that extreme a right winger as best I can tell, but is definitely very conservative. I found the section on his issues page about the War on Terror hilarious though...it talks only about Iraq, does not mention Afghanistan.

Pence is tops in conservatives' straw vote - Yahoo! News

Since I know almost nothing about the guy, I went to his website and looked at the issues section. He is not that extreme a right winger as best I can tell, but is definitely very conservative. I found the section on his issues page about the War on Terror hilarious though...it talks only about Iraq, does not mention Afghanistan.

HAven't you heard? Saddam was funding terrorists all along. There is no proof of that, other than some of our "leaders" telling us so...

Last edited:
Well, when was the page made? It wasn't all that long ago when everyone was talking about iraq. Mostly whether we would get out or not.

The pages are update quite often actually. My roommate in DC was interning for his senator from Iowa. Also the comments from what Redress linked in the OP were funny.

Back
Top Bottom