• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence Heckled

It's ironic when you think about it. He spends four years being nothing more than a drooling puppet for dear leader, and then because he refuses to obey dear leader by overturning an actual presidential election, he gets thrown to the wolves, and now the MAGA radicals have moved onto another Trump ass kissing pile of shit in Ron DeSantis.

DeSantis has to tread softly though. If the rise and fall of Pence is any indication, all it takes is one thing to piss off dear leader, he throws you under the bus, and bam your career in GOP politics is finished.

LOL ... so true

What an epically ****ed-up political party...

GQP ===> 💩

The cult hates him because he didn't help Trump advance his big lie. It's hilarious. Well, and pathetic.
If Pence was truly a man of Christ, as he always professes himself to be, then he would have been appalled to see his flock go over the edge as they have. So, he's a phony that Never Trumpers see right through and a pansy in the eyes of Trumpers.

I cannot think of a better outcome to observe when it comes to dear old Mike.

If there is any proof needed for the completely incoherent, ignorant of the actual system of governance we have of the Radical Right its heckling Mike Pence for not doing something he had no ability to do just because Donnie wanted him to. Just as well howl at the sun for not coming up in the West instead of the East.

That Mike has not utterly abandoned what is left of the GOP even if it means going back to Radio simply tells you much about the grip of power madness in the GOP.

People like Mike and Liz Cheney have no qualms about GOP power madness. Their argument was with installing Fat Donnie at the top of the totem.

People like Mike and Liz Cheney have no qualms about GOP power madness. Their argument was with installing Fat Donnie at the top of the totem.
Politics has always been about winning by playing hardball but within the framework of the Constitution. The Cheneys of the world probably live by some baseline principles. The Trumps do not. I believe that this is wherein lies the divide.

Politics has always been about winning by playing hardball but within the framework of the Constitution. The Cheneys of the world probably live by some baseline principles. The Trumps do not. I believe that this is wherein lies the divide.
Liz cut her political teeth on the era of the Fat little elf, Newt Gingrich. The GOP has never been the same since. Hence whatever GOP baseline principles of which you speak have been shifted so far that if I stood where they were, I would need binoculars to see where they are today.

now tRump is trolling him

Liz cut her political teeth on the era of the Fat little elf, Newt Gingrich. The GOP has never been the same since. Hence whatever GOP baseline principles of which you speak have been shifted so far that if I stood where they were, I would need binoculars to see where they are today.
At least hers stopped short of lying to steal an election. Sadly, that cannot be said about the Trumpkins.

Write your own ending but I think the only way the Republicans have a chance is to embrace a winning Trump policy and not Trump the man.
In a manner of speaking, Mike Pence and yourself have a lot in common. You both publicly disavowed Trump's actions with regard to the election. This gives you both some important moral high ground. However it also means that you both forever shall be considered traitors to MAGA cause, not to be trusted and instead relegated to RINO status at a moment's notice. With no specific home to go to, you're both left praising Trump policies as a way to remain in the graces of a group that increasingly has no tolerance for those who think about Trump the man as you do. Unfortunately as time progresses and the GOP becomes increasingly focused on boosting the man rather than his policies (since, after all, that is what Trump cares about the most--adoration of the man) you'll both have to face a reckoning at some point: either issue a "maybe the election WAS stolen!" mea culpa, or go quietly (or noisily) into the night like Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney... I don't envy your situation.

Of course we can expect Pence to pursue the mea culpa eventually. He's a politician and, unlike Cheney and Romney, he doesn't come from money, so he'll do what he needs to do to survive.

But if you will notice, he praised Trump policy, needing not to mention Trump's failings as a human being. I feel the same as Pence does about their policy together when together as a team.
What is so different in Trumps policy vs any other normal GOP candidates? It's the bombastic rhetoric that the cult loves more than any policies.

Back
Top Bottom