• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence flouts Mayo Clinic policy on masks -- which is to wear one

Atomic Kid

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Pence flouts Mayo Clinic policy on masks -- which is to wear one - CNNPolitics

When Vice President Mike Pence walked into the Mayo Clinic on Tuesday, he wasn't wearing a face mask.

Everyone else in the building was, according to reporters who were traveling with him. After all, it has been the policy at the Rochester, Minnesota, facility since April 13. They even say they'll provide one.
Pence was told of the new rules before he visited, the clinic said on Twitter, a post that was subsequently deleted.
"Mayo Clinic had informed @VP of the masking policy prior to his arrival today," they had written.

But as he visited a blood and plasma donation center inside the building, Pence was bare-faced.
Others in the room -- including Dr. Stephen Hahn, the Food and Drug Administration head -- wore coverings.

That's the guy our wonderful President tagged to head up our country's COVID-19 task force. Openly flouting his task force's advice and the Mayo Clinic's rules to wear a mask. What a ****ing jackass!

maskless Pence(3).jpg

I saw that. Setting a horrible example. The mask is to protect others, which apparently members of this administration don't find a priority.

I saw that. Setting a horrible example. The mask is to protect others, which apparently members of this administration don't find a priority.

The astroturfing groups that started the stay-at-home protests are all getting sick a week after their events. Just like the 'church'goers who attended the events that the pastors set up. If Pence doesn't have corona now, he will get it within the month. Especially if he goes and visits more hospitals.

Nikki Haley is breathing down Pence’s neck!

“Due to your great leadership, blah, blah, blah............”

Pence flouts Mayo Clinic policy on masks -- which is to wear one - CNNPolitics

That's the guy our wonderful President tagged to head up our country's COVID-19 task force. Openly flouting his task force's advice and the Mayo Clinic's rules to wear a mask. What a ****ing jackass!

View attachment 67279230

I just saw his defense - he doesn't have COVID 19, so there's no need. That might be true, but it might not be true, and the point is he's deliberately setting a bad example for everyone who views that photo. Or he's setting AN example, which is masks aren't needed. Whether it's good or bad depends on whether Pence agrees with CDC on that, and apparently he doesn't, or doesn't give a flying **** if he undermines that message to the rest of the proles.

So it's a dick move by an administration of assholes. What else is new?

:prof "Do as I say, not as I do."

I don't see the ladies on The View wearing masks why should Pence have to wear one? C'mon people loosen up a little.

He knew Trump wouldn't like it if he wore one.

I just saw his defense - he doesn't have COVID 19, so there's no need. That might be true, but it might not be true, and the point is he's deliberately setting a bad example for everyone who views that photo. Or he's setting AN example, which is masks aren't needed. Whether it's good or bad depends on whether Pence agrees with CDC on that, and apparently he doesn't, or doesn't give a flying **** if he undermines that message to the rest of the proles.

He said he didn't water on because he wanted to look people "in the eye."

I don't see the ladies on The View wearing masks why should Pence have to wear one? C'mon people loosen up a little.

It's the policy of the hospital he was visiting, not to mention his own administration's guideline.

Last edited:
Wearing a mask to protect yourself makes little sense without also wearing eye protection because your tear ducts drain directly into your nose. If airborne droplets containing COVID-19 strike your face then a mask (covering only your nose and mouth) alone will not protect you.

Wearing a mask to protect yourself makes little sense without also wearing eye protection because your tear ducts drain directly into your nose. If airborne droplets containing COVID-19 strike your face then a mask (covering only your nose and mouth) alone will not protect you.

The folks at the Mayo Clinic need to hear this.

From early in this pandemic, it has been stressed that wearing a mask, covering your nose and mouth, is to protect those around you, not the wearer...........:shrug:

The astroturfing groups that started the stay-at-home protests are all getting sick a week after their events. Just like the 'church'goers who attended the events that the pastors set up. If Pence doesn't have corona now, he will get it within the month. Especially if he goes and visits more hospitals.
As are dozens of voters in Wisconsin.

The folks at the Mayo Clinic need to hear this.

I think the folks at the Mayo want you to wear a mask to protect others, not yourself.
Which might be why the Vice-President decided not to wear it, because it wouldn't protect him anyway.

Does The View broadcast from a hospital with a universal mask policy in place? If not, what's your point?

He's actively undermining CDC guidance and the hospital's policy, and it's reckless, for a ****ing photo op.

Huh, and if someone has on a mask, doesn't that decrease the odds of airborne droplets from their breathing or coughs or sneezes striking anyone else in the face? Yes, I believe it does, hence the universal mask policy in place in a hospital....:roll:

And, yes, it's likely Pence isn't sick, because he and everyone around him is tested regularly, but he's a LEADER and is SUPPOSED TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE and this asshole decided to lead by saying, "Do as I say, not as I do, because I'm a privileged elitist asshole and the rules don't apply to ME."

You wear a mask in this situation to protect others from you, to contain YOUR coughs and sneezes, and you could be infected five minutes after you have been tested. He's a moron.

Do you have the same criticism of Rachel Maddow?

You wear a mask in this situation to protect others from you, to contain YOUR coughs and sneezes, and you could be infected five minutes after you have been tested. He's a moron.

So testing is useless, huh?

Does The View broadcast from a hospital with a universal mask policy in place? If not, what's your point?

He's actively undermining CDC guidance and the hospital's policy, and it's reckless, for a ****ing photo op.

Setting an example for their millions of viewers.

Someone should tell them that there is such a thing as leading by example. But, they want to play both sides of this and play the tough guy.

Do you have the same criticism of Rachel Maddow?

I'm not interested in your BUTWHATABOUTisms. If you want to defend Pence, have at it.

Otherwise, I have no idea what Maddow did, but you can link to it and start a new thread if you want to talk about something someone else did.

Setting an example for their millions of viewers.

Oh, look, a conservative spewing BUTWHATABOUT????!!!! when he is unable to defend Pence! Shocking!!

If you want to talk about The View, start a thread. Looks to me they're doing Zoom or the equivalent from home. Sounds like a responsible way to do a show to me. If you disagree, talk about it in another thread.

Back
Top Bottom