• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence Booed/Lectured; Trump Demands Apology! Valid Free Expression?

Pence Booed/Lectured; Trump Demands Apology! Valid Free Expression?

• Total voters
They have a right to their free speech, as do the rest of us. I'll just vote with my pocketbook, and implore my friends in London and Toronto to spread the word to not see the show. Let the liberals pay out of the whazoo for it.

Implore away. The show is sold out for the next couple years.

Implore enough, and I may just be able to see it before 2019.

Please, O please, implore.

So you mean to tell me the guy that talked **** about John McCain in a very disparaging way, talked **** about Paul Ryan in a very disparaging way, Hillary Clinton, Obama, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc wants a bunch of people that gave a heart felt plea to apologize? Does he want a Whineken and some french cries too? Trump can go **** himself for all I care.

Implore away. The show is sold out for the next couple years.

Implore enough, and I may just be able to see it before 2019.

Please, O please, implore.

They're having trouble selling at their next stops, London and Toronto...or so I've heard. No idea about this "sold out for the next couple years" thingymajig.

They're having trouble selling at their next stops, London and Toronto...or so I've heard. No idea about this "sold out for the next couple years" thingymajig.

Surely would be helpful if you'd provide a link.

^ Thanks for giving me a good morning laugh.

You're welcome. Feel free to disagree.

Surely would be helpful if you'd provide a link.

Sorry, don't have any links, as it's not like its "public news". Like I already posted, it is what I've heard.

Is the show massively popular in the US? Right now, yes. Tickets are expensive too. Which has also contributed to being a stickler point in negotiations (Miranda is asking for a relatively "huge" up-front fee and significant cut of receipts). A cousin works for Mirvish Productions, and has talked about the difficulty during the months-long negotiations in bringing the show there, due to the high upfront fees and running costs involved, while their own projections show a lack of sufficient interest (already). It's not easy bringing musicals overseas, with Toronto being one of the easier markets to penetrate.

As far as London, tickets sales dates, prospective opening dates, and cast commitments have continually been changed and/or pushed back from previous statements. You can find articles about this all over The Telegraph.

You're welcome. Feel free to disagree.

Sorry, don't have any links, as it's not like its "public news". Like I already posted, it is what I've heard.

Is the show massively popular in the US? Right now, yes. Tickets are expensive too. Which has also contributed to being a stickler point in negotiations (Miranda is asking for a relatively "huge" up-front fee and significant cut of receipts). A cousin works for Mirvish Productions, and has talked about the difficulty during the months-long negotiations in bringing the show there, due to the high upfront fees and running costs involved, while their own projections show a lack of sufficient interest (already). It's not easy bringing musicals overseas, with Toronto being one of the easier markets to penetrate.

As far as London, tickets sales dates, prospective opening dates, and cast commitments have continually been changed and/or pushed back from previous statements. You can find articles about this all over The Telegraph.

what hogwash.

You said: Quote Originally Posted by Battalion View Post
"They're having trouble selling at their next stops, London and Toronto...or so I've heard. "

The tickets haven't even been for sale yet. They go on sale in London in January 2017.

The show won't even happen there until November 2017.

Your wobble about the US "No idea about this "sold out for the next couple years" thingymajig." That's not a "thingymajig" -- thatssafact. You may get lucky to win a lottery though.

Cheers!

Dead-Nugent-1219x1200.jpg

what hogwash.

You said: Quote Originally Posted by Battalion View Post
"They're having trouble selling at their next stops, London and Toronto...or so I've heard. "

The tickets haven't even been for sale yet. They go on sale in London in January 2017.

The show won't even happen there until November 2017.

Your wobble about the US "No idea about this "sold out for the next couple years" thingymajig." That's not a "thingymajig" -- thatssafact. You may get lucky to win a lottery though.

Cheers!

Their show is encountering trouble penetrating the market because their partners are projecting an inability to sell tickets...hence "trouble to sell tickets". Would assume you would understand.

And the show "happening" in November 17 isn't a given...since, you know, a quick look at the Telegraph has shown tickets sale dates and tentative show dates having been pushed constantly.

And yes, I do have no idea about it being sold out, as I couldn't find any information on it being sold out for the next couple of years. It's been sold out recently, up to January 2017. Even then it's not "sold out", as you can still score tickets via other avenues. But as far as the next couple of years? No information. So I don't see how you can assert that as a "fact".

And I don't need to win the lottery, nor have any desire to even buy tickets.

Back
Top Bottom