• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Peloton TV Commercial - WHAT???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the other person asked for the bike for Christmas? And just because someone is skinny, doesnt mean they are fit. Just like being overweight does not mean a person is necessarily less fit than a skinny person.

My husband is asking for a Peloton or other fitness bike for Christmas. I'd personally love an elliptical machine.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I got an indoor cycling trainer for Christmas one year - so did my wife!

We use our road bikes on the trainers and watch Sufferfest videos. This is a personal preference, but someone can buy a GREAT road bike and an indoor trainer for the cost of a Peloton, and it's a dual use thing. We train inside in the winter but cycle outside in the rest of the year.

FWIW, I don't get any problem with the ad. I heard about the controversy.....and just don't see it, not at all, not even a little bit. :confused:

So apparently this TV commercial is causing quite the uproar.

Peloton ad: New holiday commercial perplexed the internet - CNN

So I gotta ask.

What's the friggin problem????

How is it some people can find such moronic nonsense to get so worked up about?

I thought exercise and being healthy were good things.

I felt aroused by the ad. Look at how she would lift her butt to the edge as if she's pleasuring herself. Maybe it's a hidden subliminal message? Maybe that's why there's outrage?

So apparently this TV commercial is causing quite the uproar.

Peloton ad: New holiday commercial perplexed the internet - CNN

So I gotta ask.

What's the friggin problem????

How is it some people can find such moronic nonsense to get so worked up about?

I thought exercise and being healthy were good things.

This one would make a better ad.

giphy.gif

This is a good ad for the slightly less expensive version!

:lamo I love it!!!!

"If running your mouth burned calories, you'd be a damn super model by now." :lamo

If this commercial is supposed to be about getting people in shape, then why does it show an already fit and skinny woman going on a fitness regimen? Shouldn't it show someone overweight trying to get in shape? The ad doesn't make any sense.

Being skinny =/= being in shape. There are plenty of unhealthy skinny people and people who are carrying some extra weight that are in great shape.

Even if the other person asked for the bike for Christmas? And just because someone is skinny, doesnt mean they are fit. Just like being overweight does not mean a person is necessarily less fit than a skinny person.

My husband is asking for a Peloton or other fitness bike for Christmas. I'd personally love an elliptical machine.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Pay shipping and a modest price and your wish can be achieved!

Being skinny =/= being in shape. There are plenty of unhealthy skinny people and people who are carrying some extra weight that are in great shape.

;)
but you are right. A couple of times I walked behind people and they look like they are in great shape. Great hair, good figure. Then they turn around and look like shriveled up smokers, and most have the voice and cough to go along with it.

That lady looks in plenty of shape. Also has a nice derriere.

That lady looks in plenty of shape. Also has a nice derriere.

She looks in well enough shape but I've known girls that look like that that literally did no work to get it, rocking really low muscle mass. Don't get me wrong...she does look good but I do want to make the distinction that "being in shape" means more.

She looks in well enough shape but I've known girls that look like that that literally did no work to get it, rocking really low muscle mass. Don't get me wrong...she does look good but I do want to make the distinction that "being in shape" means more.

That's true. I've known skinny people who would gorge themselves with Big Macs and other junk food and never gain one pound.

So President Biden has a Peloton! Soon he'll be as trim and curvy as the model! At least he'll save the nation $150,000,000 on NOT golfing!

I saw nothing wrong with commercial at all. It was clear she had mentioned wanting a Peloton. And so what if they have money? Are they going to film the ad in a 30 year old mobile home with dog poop on the floor and laundry piled up to the ceiling? :roll:

People will actively seek out a reason to complain.
I've watched it numerous times,. What is supposed to be the problem, except for the instructor is annoying and the bike is extremely overpriced. Where is the outrage that I am missing.

Moderator's Warning:
Please do not necro a thread that has been dead for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom