• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi won't budge on expiring Bush tax cuts

Uuhhh, spoiler alert. The average consumer drives the economy by spending the money they got from their employer.....

which they earned by providing goods and services that the employer cannot do alone...and still, the end result is consumption.
The more consumers you have, the better.
A thousand millionaires will boost the economy far more than a single billionaire.
The wealthy would not exist without consumers....

Dittos to what the post before this said, but consumers, and the money they spend ............ drumroll ...... do not grow on trees ......... and are not created by government, despite what Obama and his sidekick Biden tell you.

FYI, small business, and the entrepeneurs behind each one, drive this economy.

Regarding Obama's failure, as you may know, there's upwards of $3 trillion sitting on the sidelines in the U.S., 2/3rds with business, and 1/3rd with our individual citizens. In Reagan's America, that money was active in the economy, as those in the know trusted Reagan's policies. Its sitting out right now (that's 3 times Stimulus, btw) precisely because the Obama-Pelosi-Reid cabal has accurately convinced all that government will expand again, exponentially, just as soon as there's even a smidgeon of opportunity. Look to Obamacare, and the amount of Stimulus that essentially was just Union bailouts, both such as the UAW and the Government Employees Union via state government grants, if you need proof. Cap and Trade too. Earned money knows that Obama is all BS.

OBTW, the "rich" to Obama-Pelosi-Reid are those individuals making $200K per year, couples $250K. Look it up. That's your small business here and now. If you want to call it "the Dark Ages" ........ well, Obama is half black.
is that your gripe, a person of color in the "white" house? if low taxes are the answer, how is it we are in a recession NOW, while taxes are lower than they have ever been? I suppose if low taxes boosts the economy, then no taxes should put us in economic heaven....

The rich provide ALL the jobs? in what world?
maybe in the dark ages of Europe when we were mostly serfs and peasants who lived at the whim of royalty....

The average consumer is what drives the economy. There are the ones who need housing, food, clothing, etc. on a daily basis and they provide more jobs than the multi-millionaires.

Since when does the average consumer have employees? We need jobs, therefore we need employers.
More jobs means more people are paying income tax. This in no time to RAISE taxes on anyone.

Since when does the average consumer have employees? We need jobs, therefore we need employers.
More jobs means more people are paying income tax. This in no time to RAISE taxes on anyone.
Not a raise, but an expiration of an unreasonable tax cut. Which BTW should have been canceled to help pay for Bush's war.
Middle income people who buy into low taxes for the rich must have a thirst for grape koolaid...

Sorry, the simplest part of economics dictates consumers first. If there is no consumption, there is no need for production.

is that your gripe, a person of color in the "white" house? if low taxes are the answer, how is it we are in a recession NOW, while taxes are lower than they have ever been? I suppose if low taxes boosts the economy, then no taxes should put us in economic heaven....

I'm sure someone else has said something similar, but here it is again. Low taxes aren't the problem, it's spending like there is no tomorrow that's the problem.

She has the balls to say that, after that freaking health care monstrosity is going to cost our countrys children? Unless the Repubs can get it repealed, oour great grandchildren will be paying for it.

She can kiss my hairy yellow ass.

Her track record for accuracy in quoting numbers is ****.
And here I thought Philadelphia was the home of brotherly love. Guess not. :roll:

Here we go. The "race card" .... your comment is just plain stupid.

How dense are some folks ? The Recession was caused by the Housing Bubble ... it popped !! Secondly, our taxes are not "low". When you look at net taxes paid, to include state taxes, they are close to the highest in history. And don't lay that liberal "high marginal rates at 90% in the 50's" crap on me, cause that sure as **** was not net taxes paid. If Obama let's the Bush tax reduction on the wealthiest expire, it will push the net tax rate higher than it has ever been in history for those that pay taxes.

Here. Look at it again. The blue line is "Good". The red line is "Bad". Do you understand that much ?

recovery-graphs400.jpg

I'm sure someone else has said something similar, but here it is again. Low taxes aren't the problem, it's spending like there is no tomorrow that's the problem.

True, we have overspent. Just like at home, we can't overspend on credit forever, eventually the creditors will rebel at not getting paid.
So cutting taxes isn't the way to pay off national debt, reduce the deficit, etc. Hard times are on the horizon, and it is sure to be worse than the situation we are in now.
My retirement income is sure, and my house is paid for. It won't affect me much...

I hope congress raises taxes beyond rescinding the Bush tax cuts

Not a raise, but an expiration of an unreasonable tax cut. Which BTW should have been canceled to help pay for Bush's war.
Middle income people who buy into low taxes for the rich must have a thirst for grape koolaid...

Yes, it is a tax increase no matter how you look at it. If they are allowed to EXPIRE, come Jan. there will be a tax INCREASE. I'm for low taxes for everyone.
and BTW, Obama has been in office for two years. I think both wars are his by now, as is the economy. Shoot at this rate he'll be out of office with never taking responsibilty for anything. I can't believe he's still whining about what he inherited. He needs to "put his man pants on" "this ain't no friggin' bake off".

Here we go. The "race card" .... your comment is just plain stupid.

How dense are some folks ? The Recession was caused by the Housing Bubble ... it popped !! Secondly, our taxes are not "low". When you look at net taxes paid, to include state taxes, they are close to the highest in history. And don't lay that liberal "high marginal rates at 90% in the 50's" crap on me, cause that sure as **** was not net taxes paid. If Obama let's the Bush tax reduction on the wealthiest expire, it will push the net tax rate higher than it has ever been in history for those that pay taxes.

Here. Look at it again. The blue line is "Good". The red line is "Bad". Do you understand that much ?

recovery-graphs400.jpg

The race card was played on post #25, YOUR POST.....

Yes, it is a tax increase no matter how you look at it. If they are allowed to EXPIRE, come Jan. there will be a tax INCREASE. I'm for low taxes for everyone.
and BTW, Obama has been in office for two years. I think both wars are his by now, as is the economy. Shoot at this rate he'll be out of office with never taking responsibility for anything. I can't believe he's still whining about what he inherited. He needs to "put his man pants on" "this ain't no friggin' bake off".

Nothing is his. It is all 'Dubbya's. Obama has no responsibility for what happened before he took office, and does not need to take ownership, since it ain't his mess to begin with.

Haven't you been paying attention to the liberals?

The race card was played on post #25, YOUR POST.....

No silly. I replied to a very absurd and uninformed comment about "the Dark Ages", and stated the fact that Obama was half black in response. No characterization or gripe, just fact. A difficult joke for liberals, I know :roll:

If you had a good argument, is it safe to assume that you have made it by now ?

True, we have overspent. Just like at home, we can't overspend on credit forever, eventually the creditors will rebel at not getting paid.
So cutting taxes isn't the way to pay off national debt, reduce the deficit, etc. Hard times are on the horizon, and it is sure to be worse than the situation we are in now.
My retirement income is sure, and my house is paid for. It won't affect me much...

I hope congress raises taxes beyond rescinding the Bush tax cuts

Well gee.. seems like we're about in the same boat.
Yet I feel totally different about this. Why you want taxes raised is beyond me.

Now all of a sudden she is worried about heaping debt upon our children? Hypocrite.

and BTW, Obama has been in office for two years. I think both wars are his by now, as is the economy. Shoot at this rate he'll be out of office with never taking responsibilty for anything. I can't believe he's still whining about what he inherited. He needs to "put his man pants on" "this ain't no friggin' bake off".
You are for low taxes for everyone....keeping the Bush tax cuts will save you a few hundred dollars a year, maybe even a thousand. It will save the rich tens and hundreds of thousands. How is that koolaid tasting now?
The GOP screwed up, get over it. If the GOP wanted to keep the whitehouse, they would have presented better candidates. They threw the race long before the actual votes were cast. You can't allow crimes by politicians to go unpunished, much less covered up. The GOP still hasn't realized how much they are out of touch with reality.
If Palin wins the nomination, I will vote democrat...

Well gee.. seems like we're about in the same boat.
Yet I feel totally different about this. Why you want taxes raised is beyond me.

yeah, I know....
Raising taxes and cutting spending at the same time is the only way to operate without a deficit, and the only way to pay down the national debt...

You are for low taxes for everyone....keeping the Bush tax cuts will save you a few hundred dollars a year, maybe even a thousand. It will save the rich tens and hundreds of thousands. How is that koolaid tasting now?
The GOP screwed up, get over it. If the GOP wanted to keep the whitehouse, they would have presented better candidates. They threw the race long before the actual votes were cast. You can't allow crimes by politicians to go unpunished, much less covered up. The GOP still hasn't realized how much they are out of touch with reality.
If Palin wins the nomination, I will vote democrat...

LOL ... and if the Democrats did not want to get "shellacked" to historical proportions last week, they would have presented better candidates too ? Seeing as this thread is about Pelosi being as arrogant as hell while being dumb as a stump, and the Republicans having just gotten an overwhelming plethora of the mid-term vote, who you saying is out of touch with reality again ?

Can't make this **** up !

No silly. I replied to a very absurd and uninformed comment about "the Dark Ages", and stated the fact that Obama was half black in response. No characterization or gripe, just fact. A difficult joke for liberals, I know :roll:

If you had a good argument, is it safe to assume that you have made it by now ?
me, a liberal? My voting record is clear, no liberals, and only one democrat a long time ago.
I can't make my argument heard over the din of "get yer grape koolaid here" in the background. Beats me how supposedly educated people can set their own house afire, and then accuse the fire department for not getting there soon enough to save the day....

LOL ... and if the Democrats did not want to get "shellacked" to historical proportions last week, they would have presented better candidates too ? Seeing as this thread is about Pelosi being as arrogant as hell while being dumb as a stump, and the Republicans having just gotten an overwhelming plethora of the mid-term vote, who you saying is out of touch with reality again ?

Can't make this **** up !
The fat lady of the opera is just warming up.....if in 2012 the GOP gets back in charge of congress and the whitehouse, you will be blaming Obama for their lack of success in turning this economy around....

The fat lady of the opera is just warming up.....if in 2012 the GOP gets back in charge of congress and the whitehouse, you will be blaming Obama for their lack of success in turning this economy around....

Kind of pointless to debate such, and frankly, the Repubs are far less about blame than the Dems. Look at W and his book tour .. there's even a thread about it. And while he was president, W was not pegged with a "Blame Clinton" mantra, while Obama seems to have "Blame Bush" tattooed on his forehead, and its on TOTUS every time its plugged in.

What business knows is that Obama's recovery plan is smoke and mirrors at enormous cost. I am not going to argue economics with you, as it is for each of us to educate ourselves, and I have been an economic genius for a couple decades already ;) But unemployment did not stay below 8%, did it. There was no Recovery Summer. And we are still on the wrong road with Obama's policies. Its reaching the point where the Obama Administration is becoming the definition of insanity ... you know, the repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome.

So far, those Conservatives who have said from the beginning that Obama's economic plans were disaster have been proven entirely correct. Guess what. We're still screwed cause that dumb bastard dug a far deeper hole than Clinton had to climb out of in '94. Clinton had no anchors around his neck. Obama has several that he put there himself already, and he won't take them off. And even if he hadn't, he has not the political savvy and smarts to pivot as Clinton did. We got a rough couple more years ahead of us, and then a couple more after that as Republicans turn the boat around.

Kind of pointless to debate such, and frankly, the Repubs are far less about blame than the Dems. Look at W and his book tour .. there's even a thread about it. And while he was president, W was not pegged with a "Blame Clinton" mantra, while Obama seems to have "Blame Bush" tattooed on his forehead, and its on TOTUS every time its plugged in.

What business knows is that Obama's recovery plan is smoke and mirrors at enormous cost. I am not going to argue economics with you, as it is for each of us to educate ourselves, and I have been an economic genius for a couple decades already ;) But unemployment did not stay below 8%, did it. There was no Recovery Summer. And we are still on the wrong road with Obama's policies. Its reaching the point where the Obama Administration is becoming the definition of insanity ... you know, the repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome.

So far, those Conservatives who have said from the beginning that Obama's economic plans were disaster have been proven entirely correct. Guess what. We're still screwed cause that dumb bastard dug a far deeper hole than Clinton had to climb out of in '94. Clinton had no anchors around his neck. Obama has several that he put there himself already, and he won't take them off. And even if he hadn't, he has not the political savvy and smarts to pivot as Clinton did. We got a rough couple more years ahead of us, and then a couple more after that as Republicans turn the boat around.

Even our REAL economic geniuses have admitted to being wrong about some things. My neighbor is a retired econ professor, and he says that the current mess will be a lot harder to fix than previous messes. But one thing I am sure of, after this mess is fixed, the Wall Street pricks will just find a new way to screw up the economy, and many of them will get crazy rich while playing with the retirement funds and savings of ordinary people...

Even our REAL economic geniuses have admitted to being wrong about some things. My neighbor is a retired econ professor, and he says that the current mess will be a lot harder to fix than previous messes. But one thing I am sure of, after this mess is fixed, the Wall Street pricks will just find a new way to screw up the economy, and many of them will get crazy rich while playing with the retirement funds and savings of ordinary people...

Here we go with all this future stuff. Sorry, but I prefer the here and now. We're in the mess we are in now because of government. Not capitalism. Not Wall Street. But government manipulation of a capitalist market where they tampered with the usual risk-reward restraints. The problem is not our competitive markets. They will have their hiccups. The problem is government manipulation of the markets. There would have been no housing bubble if not for government intervention and manipulation.

After government policy caused this recession, Obama compounded it my sticking even more government into the system. To no surprise of at least a few of us, it was a magnificent fail. OBTW, did you know that we have twice the number of federal employees making over $150K per year as we did in 2008 ? Let the good times roll eh ?

Obama is the problem now.

Back
Top Bottom