• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi weighs charges that GOP members gave 'aid and comfort' to rioters

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The more traitors to burn the merrier, Nancy.

Pelosi weighs charges that GOP members gave 'aid and comfort' to rioters (msn.com)

With the Senate poised to begin debate on whether Donald Trump is guilty of “incitement of insurrection” as charged in the House resolution of impeachment, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that some Republican House members might also face consequences over their actions leading up to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“You have to have evidence for what has happened,” Pelosi said at a news conference on Capitol Hill. “There is no question that there were members in this body who gave aid and comfort to those with the idea that they were embracing a lie — a lie perpetrated by the president of the United States that the election did not have legitimacy.”

Hmm... is Tweeting “Today is 1776.” somehow prosecutable?

It would only suggest that said Tweeter didn't have a real clue to all things in life back in Jan 21, 1776.

It would only suggest that said Tweeter didn't have a real clue to all things in life back in Jan 21, 1776.

That did not answer my question. It appeared that was included in the OP linked article as being evidence of ‘inciting insurrection’ at the US Capitol.

That did not answer my question. It appeared that was included in the OP linked article as being evidence of ‘inciting insurrection’ at the US Capitol.
I see. Being that it was Tweeter Lauren Boebert, it goes without saying, that she doesn't have a real clue. It's closer to Trump & Q voices in her head - in my opinion.

Oh come on, FFS.
How about tweeting that "The Speaker has left the chamber" which could only mean ONE thing during a siege.
Do you already know what the "other option" is regarding her location? (Mike Pence's location too by the way)
I mean, come on, there is only one place they would be hustled to and it's not the Starbucks across the street.

Add to that the fact that Lauren Boebert said VERBATIM that she "had her constituents outside right now".

Pelosi weighs charges that GOP members gave 'aid and comfort' to rioters (msn.com)

With the Senate poised to begin debate on whether Donald Trump is guilty of “incitement of insurrection” as charged in the House resolution of impeachment, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that some Republican House members might also face consequences over their actions leading up to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“You have to have evidence for what has happened,” Pelosi said at a news conference on Capitol Hill. “There is no question that there were members in this body who gave aid and comfort to those with the idea that they were embracing a lie — a lie perpetrated by the president of the United States that the election did not have legitimacy.”
She needs to bring that action. Step up and deliver

I think I'd need more, not to mention individual context. Some beer belly redneck blasting off a bit of nonsense after his 8th can of Bud? Nah. The leader of an organized militia giving a predetermined code phrase to start beheading? Probably.

(Both examples intentionally ridiculous to keep the discussion in the realm of the hypothetical, since I can't speak to anything specific.)

Am I the only one that thinks of Lorena Bobbitt, when the new congressperson from CO is mentioned?

Oh come on, FFS.
How about tweeting that "The Speaker has left the chamber" which could only mean ONE thing during a siege.
Do you already know what the "other option" is regarding her location? (Mike Pence's location too by the way)
I mean, come on, there is only one place they would be hustled to and it's not the Starbucks across the street.
Really? And what is that "one place?"

If any in Congress are found to have collaborated with the Trump Insurrection of January 6, legal and administrative consequences should result.
There was no insurrection. It was a mostly a peaceful protest

“You have to have evidence for what has happened,” Pelosi said at a news conference on Capitol Hill.

LOL"But in the meantime, I'm going to disparage every Republican in this chamber" Some "leader" you have there.

LOL"But in the meantime, I'm going to disparage every Republican in this chamber" Some "leader" you have there.
She'll do until most Trumplicans in the House are dealt with.

I'm a cynic from way back who totally distrusts both political parties. That views each as only doing things that benefit the good of their party with the hope it harms the other party. A prime example of this is the Democrats giving aid and comfort and fighting for illegal immigrants only because they want to increase the number of their voters. Republicans fighting against illegal immigrants to stop them from voting Democratic. Neither give the welfare of these folks one thought.

Having read an article on the above, I suppose Pelosi wants to find a way to kick out a few republicans to increase her majority. That may or may not be true, but the way both major parties behave and only do things to give them a political advantage, I sure wouldn't doubt it and am much more apt to believe only political considerations are at play here.

I'm still trying to figure out how we can have good riots, violence, burning, deaths, Portland and Minneapolis and bad riots of violence and death, Washington D.C.
or one can turn those around depending on how the political shoe fits making Washington D.C a good riot and Minneapolis and Portland's bad riots. Folks, a riot is a riot is a riot. A death is a death, violence is violence. Why can't those who adhere to a certain political ideologies see this? All and I mean all who participated should be punished to the max. But it seems the cynic in me is being proven right as each day passes.

I'm a cynic from way back who totally distrusts both political parties. That views each as only doing things that benefit the good of their party with the hope it harms the other party. A prime example of this is the Democrats giving aid and comfort and fighting for illegal immigrants only because they want to increase the number of their voters. Republicans fighting against illegal immigrants to stop them from voting Democratic. Neither give the welfare of these folks one thought.

Having read an article on the above, I suppose Pelosi wants to find a way to kick out a few republicans to increase her majority. That may or may not be true, but the way both major parties behave and only do things to give them a political advantage, I sure wouldn't doubt it and am much more apt to believe only political considerations are at play here.

I'm still trying to figure out how we can have good riots, violence, burning, deaths, Portland and Minneapolis and bad riots of violence and death, Washington D.C.
or one can turn those around depending on how the political shoe fits making Washington D.C a good riot and Minneapolis and Portland's bad riots. Folks, a riot is a riot is a riot. A death is a death, violence is violence. Why can't those who adhere to a certain political ideologies see this? All and I mean all who participated should be punished to the max. But it seems the cynic in me is being proven right as each day passes.

Really good post. FWIW, I agree entirely. There's some irony in two sides so intent on proving each other wrong that they don't realize how much they have in common.

I'm a cynic from way back who totally distrusts both political parties. That views each as only doing things that benefit the good of their party with the hope it harms the other party. A prime example of this is the Democrats giving aid and comfort and fighting for illegal immigrants only because they want to increase the number of their voters.
You have to be a citizen so this big brain idea of yours doesn’t actually work.
Republicans fighting against illegal immigrants to stop them from voting Democratic. Neither give the welfare of these folks one thought.
Republicans actively want to cause harm, so that’s thought!
If you refuse to consider any and all evidence of a crime, yes, I can see why you would assume there’s no real crime and it’s all political
Zero people have said that someone who burns down a Target store should go free.

A riot is a riot. Insurrection is not a ****ing riot.

If any in Congress are found to have collaborated with the Trump Insurrection of January 6, legal and administrative consequences should result.

...including forced out of Congress..... then they can deal with their criminal issues, if any.

There was no insurrection. It was a mostly a peaceful protest

yep, 5 people died peacefully and all of that broken glass and damage was caused by acoustic resonance. Just a quiet, harmless day in Washington.

Upgrade your news sources. They are effecting your ability to be taken seriously. Effective debate requires command of the facts. Sorry pal, but in no universe was what happened on January 6 considered "peaceful protest".

Last edited:
Really good post. FWIW, I agree entirely. There's some irony in two sides so intent on proving each other wrong that they don't realize how much they have in common.
Exactly, not my side, it's yours, both side spout the heck out of this while overlooking their side doing the exact same thing.

You have to be a citizen so this big brain idea of yours doesn’t actually work.

Republicans actively want to cause harm, so that’s thought!

If you refuse to consider any and all evidence of a crime, yes, I can see why you would assume there’s no real crime and it’s all political

Zero people have said that someone who burns down a Target store should go free.

A riot is a riot. Insurrection is not a ****ing riot.
Rioting, it's all about location, location, location.

I am really enjoying watching all these Trump lovers get nailed one by one as the FBI catches up to them for their insurrection. As for the Congress critters, go get them Nancy. We cannot allow this type of behavior to go unpunished. She is the perfect person to round them up and spank them with a switch.

Pelosi's words and actions have been inciting insurrection for years. Hold her accountable.

Back
Top Bottom