• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi was right !

I believe the expression is, I CALL BULL****!!

#1 -- It only applies to PROFIT above $250,000, (or above $500,000 for a couple) not the total price of one's home.
#2 -- It only applies if one makes over $200,000 a year ($250K for a couple).

A 3.8 Percent “Sales Tax” on Your Home? | FactCheck.org

So, the poor couple who're making $275,000 a year and profit $500,000 on the sale of their home will have to pay, WAIT FOR IT!!! $19,000. Poor things.

Oh that's right, profits are evil. How could I forget?

Grim, taking back the house would mean making Obummer a lame duck president. Right now, that's enough. We don't have to reverse everything immediately, if we can just stop the bus from tumbling down the hill that's enough for now.

Last edited:
I'd like to know why a health care bill is charging home sales tax.

Dude, you gotta pay for those 2000 pages of unread legislation somehow.

As long as it's money from the wealthy it's not stealing.

You know what would be more fair than anything else.

Let every keep the same percentage of their OWN money.

I wonder what else is hidden in the HC bill?

Taxing every mile we drive?

That might be the most fair process. I think we can agree on that.

But it's not the most cost effective seeing as how you'd find a whole lot of people not able to pay much tax on their 10000 income.

Besides, when you break it down on just federal income taxes, everyone pays the same percentage. I paid just as much on every dollar I earned over 250,000 dollars as the millionaire down the street. Just because I didn't make 250,000 last year doesn't make it any less true.

This idea that burdening the poor and middle class with taxes that they can't afford since they're scraping by right now as it is in order to lower the taxes a little bit on the rich is going to make our nation prosper is BS. I agree that we can't make the top marginal rate any number that we like, but as of right now, even if we let the Bush cuts expire on it, it's no where near the percent it would have to be to make the rich just not want to make money any more. It's a talking point and no more.

Sorry to break up the circle-jerk, but what does this even mean ?

Republicans are likely to only win the House, so not only will their ability to change things be very limited, you'll also quickly discover that many of their campaign promises will be put off or even ignored in the face of adversity, dieing quietly.

I see.. you have been looking at your chrystal ball... MMmmmmm......:lamo

I'd like to know why a health care bill is charging home sales tax.

That is to help pay for Obamacare, this is another way to pay for it. Obama said that it wasn't going to cost anything. Obviously he lied.

That is to help pay for Obamacare, this is another way to pay for it. Obama said that it wasn't going to cost anything. Obviously he lied.

Isn't this counter to re-establishing the housing market? I guess it is just wealthy homes and the housing market is dominated by $400,000 homes or something.

I believe the expression is, I CALL BULL****!!

#1 -- It only applies to PROFIT above $250,000, (or above $500,000 for a couple) not the total price of one's home.
#2 -- It only applies if one makes over $200,000 a year ($250K for a couple).

A 3.8 Percent “Sales Tax” on Your Home? | FactCheck.org

So, the poor couple who're making $275,000 a year and profit $500,000 on the sale of their home will have to pay, WAIT FOR IT!!! $19,000. Poor things.

I know, that couple who are so smart to make that much profit are doing us all a favor by giving our even smarter government that 19k to use so creatively...

Gee... a politician that isnt telling the complete truth? :ssst:
And lets look at why the Republicans havent voted for the COMMON good that the dems have put up. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom