• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi trying to keep POTUS from his people

augustus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I think it's very wrong of Pelosi to try and keep the POTUS from speaking to his public. It's petty and childish. She's trying to rob him of tradition and the decorum afforded to the POTUS at that time.

She refuses to negotiate (trying to travel instead until Trump said no). She abandons her dreamers. What's wrong with her? Is she just so full of hate that sticking it to Trump because she's mad about the election, is more important than her immigrants? What exactly does she want from these negotiations? She is shameful, selfish and greedy. Your thoughts?

Pelosi's action weakens the House Of Representatives.

Pelosi is not denying Trump anything. He can talk anytime he wants

I think it's very wrong of Pelosi to try and keep the POTUS from speaking to his public. It's petty and childish. She's trying to rob him of tradition and the decorum afforded to the POTUS at that time.

She refuses to negotiate (trying to travel instead until Trump said no). She abandons her dreamers. What's wrong with her? Is she just so full of hate that sticking it to Trump because she's mad about the election, is more important than her immigrants? What exactly does she want from these negotiations? She is shameful, selfish and greedy. Your thoughts?

lol...my thoughts are none of what you've written bears any resemblance to reality whatsoever. Like, not a single word.

Conservatives whining about free speech. Don't know Instagram and Facebook live exist....

I'm not clear here. Do you mean asking to postpone the SOTU? I thought it was a totally reasonable move. She isn't telling him not to have it, she's telling him that presenting it in the chambers of congress sends the wrong message of government working together.

Well technically, she's saying security costs too much, but we know what she means.

The constitution doesn't say she has to invite him and nothing says SOTU has to be given in any specific place. In fact, SOTU could be a matter of the President standing up and giving a thumbs down and walking away. All the constitution says is that from time to time he will share with the people information regarding the SOTU.

She's hardly keeping him from the public eye.

I'm no fan of Pelosi and hold dems responsible for a fair amount of this shut down. However, I have trouble pinning this one on her.

1. Shes not stopping him from speaking to the public.

2. He's asking secret service and others to work without pay so he can give a speech. **** decorum.

3. Shes more than willing to negotiate. Just not with a hostage taker. Stop the shutdown and negotiate was her message from day 1 as speaker. This started before she was speaker. This is not on her. Any argument otherwise is pure horse ****.

4. She hasn't abandoned dreamers. She has said from the beginning. Stop the shutdown and negotiate.

Your entire post wreaks of nonsense. The senate passed a bipartisan spending resolution with overwhelming support back in december and it was dropped only because of Trump. This is on him 100%. The only other person you can possibly blame is McConnel for not sending the bill up to be vetoed and override the veto.

If she can do this then trump isn't as powerful as he lies about. Lmao

I actually feel bad for trump supporters. Donald Trump has been unable to say anything to Americans over these last 2 years.

I actually feel bad for trump supporters. Donald Trump has been unable to say anything to Americans over these last 2 years.

Nothing at all or nothing coherent and trustworthy at the same time?

Pelosi is not Keeping Trump from speaking to the people. He can speak to the people at anytime he wants to from the Oval Office, he just doesn't have the right or power to force congress to be present when he does it. That's all, so you can get off your fake soapbox right now since Trump CAN speak to the people.

Pelosi's action weakens the House Of Representatives.

Not at all, she just doesn't reward failures like Trump who want to keep the government shutdown because the orange baby Trump can't force the people to pay for his lies.

Just not in front of her house or in her venue.

It's a very good thing that they are trying to bring back equal branches of power, trump is president, not king.

The petty action of shutting down the government for something that he feels in his gut is a good idea is the act of a lunatic!!!

Nothing at all or nothing coherent and trustworthy at the same time?

Trump has just had no soapbox. No tweets. No coverage in the media. No newspapers covering him. No sports talk radio talking about him. Nothing. The only way he can get his message out is at the State of the Union.

Where he should actually say "Look, I'm a real estate dude. I have no idea how to run government. I just get my kids to do stuff."

I agree it's very wrong of Pelosi, she should let him give state of the Union so:
1. He can embarrass himself with more lies and show his inability to articulate a subject
2. He can talk about how he believes the man on top is responsible and what a mess this leader has created.
3. Shutdown mess, NATO mess, Mattias resignation and many others mess
4. His now notocible destruction of the economic gains under Obama
5. All his crime family indictments
I say let him talk, good for Democrats 2020

I’m surprised that Trump’s supporters wouldn’t prefer their Bozo-in-Chief to do a State of the Union address via 56 strung together rage tweets. He can’t slur a tweet.

Well, he can—covfefe, hamberder—but it should be harder.

Let the muppet tweet.

He tweets, gets free airtime on the networks, you argument is nothing but fake outrage. The polls show the majority of Americans blame Trump, no amount of fake outrage can change those numbers. How many seats in the House changed hands in the midterms, yes the electorate has spoken.

Last edited:
It's just so UNFAIR!

Fox "News" stopped covering his constant campaign rallies, so now he can't fly around basking in the adoration of his idiot base.

Nancy is trying to deny him a chance to hold a campaign Rally in congress and try and pass it off as a SOTU (which we all know he's incapable of delivering without YUGE lying.)

He needs his free coverage! Where is it? He is OWED! Cuz he is the most MAGA president ever, he has watched more TV and Tweeted and had more "executive time" than any president ever! He gets to charge the government to play excessive golf, so OBVIOUSLY this is a total TRAVESTY that he's not given his way! He gets an A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ from every accurate non "fake news" source! Evil libruls are preventng this man baby from getting the free coverage he expects!

My thoughts:

In the real world, the last election delighted Pelosi! The Power of the Gavel transferred back into her hands. She proposed a funding bill that the House passed. She attempted to lead a delegation via commercial flight on an overseas trip to assure American allies they could count on American support. She cancelled the trip because Chump's ignorance and big mouth jeopardized the lives of the delegation.

Meanwhile, in spite of Chump shutting down the government, Secretary of State Pompeo brought his wife with him to go overseas. Melania flew to Mara Lago for a vacation via military jet. The arrogance and insensitivity of Team Chump has no bounds!

Chump has stated how much he loves the poorly educated... how he could keep his supporters even if he shot somebody point blank on 5th Avenue. Petty, childish, full of hate, prone to violate tradition and decorum, shameful, selfish and greedy describe Chump, not Pelosi!

Too many Chump Supporters misrepresent and dumb down complicated situations. They prefer to rely on Alternative Facts, an Alternate Universe and staying in their Filter Bubble. God help them!

Surely you jest.

Americans don't want the Wall, fence, barrier or whatever it is that the President of the United States has been unable to articulate in over 2 years. That is fact. Trump to this day cannot clearly specify what is needed. He cannot justify why it is needed ...and how could he justify why he needs a whatever it is he cannot articulate?

Trump has clearly shown that he does not understand how to negotiate. He bullies. Pelosi has the support of Democrats and others who see the boondoggle of Trump's Wall or fence or barrier or whatever it kinda, sorta, might be or is.

Most of us fully realize that Trump truly is incapable of planning. We know that Trump has very little understanding of funding and governance. We know that Trump is a pathological liar. We know that he has demonstrated no understanding of the concept of actions and consequences. The entire nation and the world know that Trump has almost no one left in his inner circle. Trump is flying by the seat of his pants.

This is a person and a deal Pelosi should want?

With all this in mind Pelosi is showing more balls than the entire GOP in standing up to Trump. There is nothing to negotiate for and no one to negotiate with. So why is Pelosi the bad person in all this? She isn't.

Last edited:
I think it's very wrong of Pelosi to try and keep the POTUS from speaking to his public. It's petty and childish. She's trying to rob him of tradition and the decorum...

So Trump is the VICTIM of petty and childish people robbing HIM of tradition and decorum?!??!?!?!?

:lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo This makes my laugh and cry at the same time.

Is this you Don? Admit it we caught you! Shouldn't you get back to work, Fox News never sleeps...

Very true. He can give his Lying About the Union speech from the Oval Office or from the Fox News cafeteria.

hold on
tRump has checked with homeland security and the secret service and shezam, there is not a problem giving the SOTU in the house chamber as scheduled
tRump SOTU speech to Pelosi.jpg
now looking forward to reading Pelosi's 'checkmate' reply

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. You guys are just so ridiculous, just spout the dumbest **** ever. First off, she requested he not give SOTU, she didn't demand anything. And talk about childish, he pulled a meeting that has international ramification and took months of planning at the last minute becasue he is a child. He is the one who last minute demanded funding for a dumb, pointless wall that majority of Americans don't want, so he can pander to the idiots that still remain trump supporter. You can project all you want, its Trump who is the biggest child ever

Back
Top Bottom