• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi to Joint Chiefs: Don't Let Trump Launch Any Nukes!

Yes. What does any of that have to do with her involving herself in an executive branch function?

Congress is the legislative branch... Pelosi is part of that branch... LMAO

Pelosi lacks constitutional authority to insert herself into this process. Secondly, the military officers who would have to carry out any such illegal order are not mindless robots. They would refuse to carry out any order such as this that comes from any President.
'insert herself?'
Any congressman or congresswoman can make that call. They hear concerns from constituantss or have some themselves and they make a call and share those with the Joint chief , and learn about the protocol involved, and ask what it might take to alter than protocal. All reasonable questions. Any American citizen has the exact same right - they just don't get their phone call returned like the Speaker of the House does. The good General will reveal what he can, not reveal what he is not allowed, and answer those questions with which he is comfortable of the Speaker. She could also compel to testify with a subpoena but this is faster, less formal, and may accomplish the goal of alleviating the worries.

Pelosi lacks constitutional authority to insert herself into this process. Secondly, the military officers who would have to carry out any such illegal order are not mindless robots. They would refuse to carry out any order such as this that comes from any President.

Actually, Congress has the authority to declare war.

Otherwise, things are a little hectic over there in the executive branch these days. Good of her to remind them of a clear and present danger.

I'm 100% positive over the next 1-2 years lots of sins and crazy talk that Trump spewed is going to come out, some will even shock some of his biggest supporters.

I'll bet 1 of those things is he asked about was starting a war to boast his popularity, and/or cancel/overturn the 2020 election... And we can bet that country he wanted to start a war with was Iran... And I'm sure he had some allies in the Pentagon who were on board.. People think the military and Pentagon are filled with heroes and professionals... I send you to General Flynn if you think everyone in the military ranks is 'stable'.. It's going to come out that for 4 years the US dodged a bullet, literally.

Bank on it, it will leak out eventually..

I'm 100% positive over the next 1-2 years lots of sins and crazy talk that Trump spewed is going to come out, some will even shock some of his biggest supporters.

I'll bet 1 of those things is he asked about was starting a war to boast his popularity, and/or cancel/overturn the 2020 election... And we can bet that country he wanted to start a war with was Iran... And I'm sure he had some allies in the Pentagon who were on board.. People think the military and Pentagon are filled with heroes and professionals... I send you to General Flynn if you think everyone in the military ranks is 'stable'.. It's going to come out that for 4 years the US dodged a bullet, literally.

It’s helpful to see Trump’s Twitter account permanently suspended. I suspect he’s under an informal house arrest. (Apple shutting down Parler)

In the meantime, there will be an utter void of truth coming out of the Harris administration. Just like with the Obama administration, we'll only know what they want us to know...and the media will push their propaganda.

Welcome to the new world...again.

Actually, Congress has the authority to declare war.

Otherwise, things are a little hectic over there in the executive branch these days. Good of her to remind them of a clear and present danger.
Yes, Congress does have the authority to declare war, but the President remains Commander in Chief over the military and can order military actions to be taken.

I think we should be celebrating. We made it through 4 years of this madman.
Celebrating what? Waving in the Communists? Someday you people will realize Trump was the last thread protecting us from the folks who want to completely destroy this country so they can remake it in their Leninist image.

I'd say the more serious worry is beginning a military conflict or trying to engineer something in the last 12 days that lets him declare martial law. At one point, I'd have called a sentence like that lunacy. But here we are.
After the riot, there's no way Congress would let this loony stay in office.

Well, since the nonsense about Trump refusing to leave the WH didn't work, they need another made up pile of sh....I mean...nonsense to keep the useful idiots riled up. That way, they won't be asking any questions...such as, why did the police move aside the barriers and wave the protesters on to the Capitol?
OMG! Yet another member who still supports this lunatic.
1610159790008.png

'insert herself?'
Any congressman or congresswoman can make that call. They hear concerns from constituantss or have some themselves and they make a call and share those with the Joint chief , and learn about the protocol involved, and ask what it might take to alter than protocal. All reasonable questions. Any American citizen has the exact same right - they just don't get their phone call returned like the Speaker of the House does. The good General will reveal what he can, not reveal what he is not allowed, and answer those questions with which he is comfortable of the Speaker. She could also compel to testify with a subpoena but this is faster, less formal, and may accomplish the goal of alleviating the worries.
As much as I'd prefer Trump not have the nuclear codes, the above is really not a valid argument. The president has certain powers and until removed from that position via the ways provided in the constitution, he/she retains those powers and no discussion between a member of congress and someone in the military can alter that. So I guess she could call the joint chief of staff and offer her opinion that Trump should not have the codes but its a rather silly gesture because she must know that he does retain those until removed.

yep.

i'm praying some people broke the law and recorded him. it's not legal or maybe not even right but if he said a ton of stuff that attempted to kill our country we need to know of it so we can fix it.

We might not even get to 1-2 years from now. Trump could throw the sh*t into the fan at any moment in the next 13 days.

This is hate politics of the worst kind. This only proves how vile Marxists really are. They steal an election, then peddle nothing but hate and vindictiveness. There is no desire to heal or unite by these people.

And this is the bunch you leftwingers signed on with? I guarantee things won't work out well for you.
How can you defend the most inept and dangerous President we have ever had? Are you serious? Things will be fine with the Democrats in control.

How can you defend the most inept and dangerous President we have ever had? Are you serious? Things will be fine with the Democrats in control.
The Marxists' goal is to destroy America and remake it in their Leninist image. Just like they did to Venezuela.

As much as I'd prefer Trump not have the nuclear codes, the above is really not a valid argument. The president has certain powers and until removed from that position via the ways provided in the constitution, he/she retains those powers and no discussion between a member of congress and someone in the military can alter that. So I guess she could call the joint chief of staff and offer her opinion that Trump should not have the codes but its a rather silly gesture because she must know that he does retain those until removed.
I got the impression she wanted to know more, like what all happens surrounding those codes and in any effort by any single person to use them. How much dammage can he do by himself with those codes.

No, she isn't.

She's a political opportunist.

That's like attempting to single out one gecko from the rest of them by saying it eats bugs

The Marxists' goal is to destroy America and remake it in their Leninist image. Just like they did to Venezuela.
The goal of Biden is to restore America's image around the world. We had a leader who trashed our friends and praised our enemies. Our new President will make our country one we can be proud of again.

That's like attempting to single out one gecko from the rest of them by saying it eats bugs
I'm not singling out one "gecko". The topic of this thread is that particular person.

Believe me, she isn't the only political opportunist in Congress.

Lots of us were worried a wounded and battered Trump would go completely bonkers and order a nuclear strike. On who is anybody's guess, but Iran might be a candidate. Or Russia because Trump knows Russia would nuclear fry us in return--payback for the country that Trump in his unhinged mind believes betrayed him. Apparently Nancy Pelosi is worried about this too, as well she should. Trump is capable of any crazy deed at this point. So Pelosi asked the Joint Chiefs to put precautions in place to prevent Trump from utilizing the nuclear option. I wonder how many Trump supporters in here still support this lunatic.

"This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike. The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy."

Your post displays a much greater level of instability than anything shown by the President.

Back
Top Bottom