• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi to Joint Chiefs: Don't Let Trump Launch Any Nukes!

Jack2aTee

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Lots of us were worried a wounded and battered Trump would go completely bonkers and order a nuclear strike. On who is anybody's guess, but Iran might be a candidate. Or Russia because Trump knows Russia would nuclear fry us in return--payback for the country that Trump in his unhinged mind believes betrayed him. Apparently Nancy Pelosi is worried about this too, as well she should. Trump is capable of any crazy deed at this point. So Pelosi asked the Joint Chiefs to put precautions in place to prevent Trump from utilizing the nuclear option. I wonder how many Trump supporters in here still support this lunatic.

"This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike. The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy."

Lots of us were worried a wounded and battered Trump would go completely bonkers and order a nuclear strike. On who is anybody's guess, but Iran might be a candidate. Or Russia because Trump knows Russia would nuclear fry us in return--payback for the country that Trump in his unhinged mind believes betrayed him. Apparently Nancy Pelosi is worried about this too, as well she should. Trump is capable of any crazy deed at this point. So Pelosi asked the Joint Chiefs to put precautions in place to prevent Trump from utilizing the nuclear option. I wonder how many Trump supporters in here still support this lunatic.

"This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike. The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy."

This is hate politics of the worst kind. This only proves how vile Marxists really are. They steal an election, then peddle nothing but hate and vindictiveness. There is no desire to heal or unite by these people.

And this is the bunch you leftwingers signed on with? I guarantee things won't work out well for you.

2 things:

1. Already a couple threads on this. Use the search function. It ain't there to look pretty.
2. There are safeguards in place where a Trump nuke order would be disregarded or to advise him against it.

I scanned the list of current threads and didn't see anything. Sorry if this is a repeat. BTW, how can there be several threads when this just broke?

Pelosi saves the world from Trump launching his nukes then goes to her beauty salon for a private maskless makeover. That's the world we live in now.

This is hate politics of the worst kind. This only proves how vile Marxists really are. They steal an election, then peddle nothing but hate and vindictiveness. There is no desire to heal or unite by these people.

And this is the bunch you leftwingers signed on with? I guarantee things won't work out well for you.
OMG! Someone who still supports the psychopath inhabiting the WH!!!!!
1610145381920.png

Pelosi saves the world from Trump launching his nukes then goes to her beauty salon for a private maskless makeover. That's the world we live in now.
BUT FIRST!!!

She eats a bowl of ice cream.

...I know of no authority by which the nuclear codes can be withheld from the President absent a declaration under Section 4 of the 25th Amendment. Absent such a declaration, such an action would be grounds for the removal of any military officer...

...The same is true for the exercise of other executive privileges and powers. It would be akin to Trump asking the House clerk not to accept any bills or carry out legislative functions at Pelosi's request...

I'd say the more serious worry is beginning a military conflict or trying to engineer something in the last 12 days that lets him declare martial law. At one point, I'd have called a sentence like that lunacy. But here we are.

Well, since the nonsense about Trump refusing to leave the WH didn't work, they need another made up pile of sh....I mean...nonsense to keep the useful idiots riled up. That way, they won't be asking any questions...such as, why did the police move aside the barriers and wave the protesters on to the Capitol?

The Biden administration should make revising the power congress has ceded to presidency to make war for EXACTLY these kinds of circumstances.

Is there no talking point so silly your Marxist leaders can put out that you people won't believe? I don't think there is.

It's right up there for "Mothers, killing your babies is what you want. Trust us."

Whatever Pelosi is, she ain't no Marxist, that's for damn sure.

No, hate politics are the politics of Donald Trump, the man has been a hateful ogre all of his life and even a bigger and more evil one since he started to run for office/Obama birther lie fest.

Pelosi lacks constitutional authority to insert herself into this process. Secondly, the military officers who would have to carry out any such illegal order are not mindless robots. They would refuse to carry out any order such as this that comes from any President.

Personally I think she needs to be fined for going to the beauty salon, what is valid for the rest should also be the rule for politicians like Pelosi. But trying to prevent him misusing his office as a lame douche bag, sorry lame duck president seems very logical.

No, she isn't.

She's a political opportunist.
I believe this is the motivation behind this action and the story. You don’t get to be in government for 127 years without knowing how to play the game.

Yeah, commit treason just because the Wicked Witch of the West is almost as senile as the incoming President.

i hope that they had a meeting about this years ago.

Personally I think she needs to be fined for going to the beauty salon, what is valid for the rest should also be the rule for politicians like Pelosi. But trying to prevent him misusing his office as a lame douche bag, sorry lame duck president seems very logical.

At least Trump hasn't called out the military to keep him in power like they said. I've had this 4 year long nightmare that he wouldn't leave office peacefully. If you've watched CNN or listened to NPR much you know where I got it from.

I think we should be celebrating. We made it through 4 years of this madman.
Nearly. I was just talking to a buddy we agreed that IF we don't see a blinding light over Denver in the next 12 days, we're probably going to be all right.

Pelosi lacks constitutional authority to insert herself into this process. Secondly, the military officers who would have to carry out any such illegal order are not mindless robots. They would refuse to carry out any order such as this that comes from any President.

LMAO... Have you actually READ the constitution?

[The Congress shall have Power ...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water ...

LMAO... Have you actually READ the constitution?

[The Congress shall have Power ...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water ...
Yes. What does any of that have to do with her involving herself in an executive branch function?

At least Trump hasn't called out the military to keep him in power like they said. I've had this 4 year long nightmare that he wouldn't leave office peacefully. If you've watched CNN or listened to NPR much you know where I got it from.

that we know of, you do remember he has been replacing quality people with his political stooges at the Pentagon. And so far has this been a peaceful process? On the 6th of January the violence exploded on the Capitol of his supporters. And he has been trying to do loads of corrupt and dishonest things to help his win.

Back
Top Bottom