• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi to fine house members up to 10k for avoiding metal detectors at Capital

I think several members felt empathy for the MAGA rioters, at least before the shit really hit the fan. Maybe some still do. But is there any evidence yet they actually helped plot an insurrection?

All the House Republicans but the 10 who did not support the Impeachment vote for Trump's insurrection Impeachment proved they are empathetic to his fomenting the insurrection and to those following his directions especially on the 6th. A pox on them and their houses!

It is necessary given the fact that there are several in congress who helped plot and fan the insurrection to over throw the government and simply can't be trusted.
Not to mention that the rule of no guns on the house floor has been in place for years. If you don't like the rules, take your ass home to your Q buddies. The fines should include expulsion if they keep violating the rules.

These people are just grandstanding and playing the game for their base. They think they are cool, when actually they are fools.

The metal detectors have only two purposes...

1. And empty gesture aimed at the useful idiots outside the Beltway to make them think SHE is on top of it...that SHE will protect the Capitol.

2. A pointed reminder to the members of the House that SHE is in charge, SHE can do whatever the hell she wants and they'd better fall in line, do what she says or she will rain bloody hell down upon them.

1. And empty gesture aimed at the useful idiots outside the Beltway to make them think SHE is on top of it...that SHE will protect the Capitol.

2. A pointed reminder to the members of the House that SHE is in charge, SHE can do whatever the hell she wants and they'd better fall in line, do what she says or she will rain bloody hell down upon them.

:ROFLMAO:

And so elections have consequences. Who would have thought?

3. Detecting metal objects

4. The members of the house are MEMBERS... If the MEMBERS approve this rule change via vote, the IDIOTS can either follow rules or not show up... It's that simple..

Bullshit, she doesn't have that power.

She actually DOES have that power.. The house sets its rules... It's in the freaking constitution... The membership will vote on this rule change when they return and those members who violate the rule will be subject to the penalty.

To me this issue and the issue of the house rule on wearing masks is emblematic of the attitude some conservatives seem to have brought with them when they were elected. As a representative of your district, you are only ONE of 435 other representatives. Learning the rules of the house is a FUNDAMENTAL skill of representing your district. You are not going to get every rule you want but if you are not willing to work within the rules, you are failing you district. This isn't about YOU, it's about representing your district. The members of the house have the power to silence or even expel you from the house.

Bullshit, she doesn't have that power.

Her House to control, her majority to assist in rule making, yes she does have that power.

From the OP link.

Pelosi said that the House will adopt new rules when it returns to session Jan. 21 to mandate stiff fines for bypassing security: $5,000 for the first offense and $10,000 for the second. The fines will be deducted from lawmakers' salaries.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is merely backing the Blue.

“To ensure compliance with Capitol Police Board regulations concerning firearms and incendiary devices, as well as to provide a safe and secure environment in which to conduct legislative business, effective immediately, all persons, including Members, are required [to] undergo security screening when entering the House chamber,” acting House Sergeant-at-Arms Timothy Blodgett wrote in a memo to lawmakers and staff.

She actually DOES have that power.. The house sets its rules... It's in the freaking constitution... The membership will vote on this rule change when they return and those members who violate the rule will be subject to the penalty.

Odd how you need to inform a self identified "Constitutionalist" how the Constitution allows the House Speaker to deal with House Rule making?

Odd how you need to inform a self identified "Constitutionalist" how the Constitution allows the House Speaker to deal with House Rule making?

You don't even have to read very far in the constitution to get to that part.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Things that make you go hmmmmm...

fine the **** out of them.

What about the metal detectors non House members have had to pass through long before Trump's insurrection?

How many purposes did they have?

Guess you missed this part of the OP's article:
“To ensure compliance with Capitol Police Board regulations concerning firearms and incendiary devices, as well as to provide a safe and secure environment in which to conduct legislative business, effective immediately, all persons, including Members, are required [to] undergo security screening when entering the House chamber,” acting House Sergeant-at-Arms Timothy Blodgett wrote in a memo to lawmakers and staff.

Her House to control, her majority to assist in rule making, yes she does have that power.

From the OP link.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is merely backing the Blue.
Save that bullshit for your team. Democrats hate police and support defunding.

Save that bullshit for your team. Democrats hate police and support defunding.

^^^Talk about bullshit^^^

I am a Democrat and I do not hate Police nor do I support defunding Police.

I admit I do loathe individual bad cops and I do see a need for major changes in Policing across the nation, for the betterment of the Police forces and for the citizenry.

Those are the things that most Democrats I know personally support and feel and it has been shown, as I follow the issue, that most Democrats in political office are in the same camp as I am.

Last edited:

Sort of like how the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd will ostentatiously wave their blue flags as long as they think that intimidates minorities, but when push comes to shove will gladly beat a cop to death.

Sort of like how the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd will ostentatiously wave their blue flags as long as they think that intimidates minorities, but when push comes to shove will gladly beat a cop to death.

Sadly, yes.

But patriotically as they tried to do so with US flags.

Back
Top Bottom