• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi tells Trump no State of the Union on Tuesday

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426649-pelosi-tells-trump-no-sotu-on-tuesday

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Wednesday she will block President Trump from delivering the State of the Union address in the House chamber on Jan. 29.

In a letter to Trump, Pelosi said she would not move forward with the legislative steps needed for the address to take place.
=============================================
I don't think Trump understands how the government works. The Speaker can order the Sergeant of Arms to not let Trump inside the House chamber. He needs to be invited & that won't happen with the shutdown in effect.

Last edited:

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Wednesday she will block President Trump from delivering the State of the Union address in the House chamber on Jan. 29.

In a letter to Trump, Pelosi said she would not move forward with the legislative steps needed for the address to take place.
I don't think Trump understands how the government works. The Speaker can order the Sergeant of Arms to not let Trump inside the House chamber.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds? ^^^

Nancy will have to back down from this nutty stand. Guess she is still pissed off over her canceled flight overseas.

I don't think Trump understands how the government works. The Speaker can order the Sergeant of Arms to not let Trump inside the House chamber.

Constitutional crisis!!!! The Great Orange Bully will make a point of saying I AM THE PRESIDENT!!!! I can do anything I want to do and peon Pelosi can't make me look like a fool. (She can)

Nancy will have to back down from this nutty stand. Guess she is still pissed off over her canceled flight overseas.

You apparently don't understand how our Government works either. Tune in to Rachel Maddow on MSNBC tonight at 9 & she will explain it to you.

This is kind of petty, but I still had to grin. The image of Trump pounding on the doors in a childish tantrum would be quite amusing.

Face it, there is absolutely no downside for Trump! Pelosi just denied a sitting President the opportunity to deliver a SOTU in Chambers. What a footnote that will be to history, and this IS history in the making.

Trump will choose a place to highlight one or more of his causes and he will make Pelosi look like the partisan hack she is.

This is kind of petty, but I still had to grin. The image of Trump pounding on the doors in a childish tantrum would be quite amusing.

I don't think there is anyone left in the WH that understands the process of coequal branches of Government & can explain it to The Donald. Especially since Kelly left.

Trump thinks he is an autocrat. We'll see how far that goes in our democracy, or what's left of it.

Putin must be laughing his donkey off. He got what he wanted in Trump: destabilize the U.S.

Face it, there is absolutely no downside for Trump! Pelosi just denied a sitting President the opportunity to deliver a SOTU in Chambers. What a footnote that will be to history, and this IS history in the making.

Trump will choose a place to highlight one or more of his causes and he will make Pelosi look like the partisan hack she is.

I believe NC invited him to give the speech in their state House.

Almost as ridiculous as the leader of the executive branch thinking he can demand the legislative branch grant him entry?

Do you have any idea how ridiculous THAT sounds?
This is kind of petty
It's all petty. Very petty. And an embarrassment to our country.
Face it, there is absolutely no downside for Trump! Pelosi just denied a sitting President the opportunity to deliver a SOTU in Chambers.
Why are you posting lies? She did no such thing. She said to wait until the government re-opens and then he would be welcome.

Why do Trump supporters lie so much?

I remember when Trump said he WOULDN'T reveal military plans to our enemies.

Do you think he'll get another band-aid on his hand from it?

I think this goes beyond Trump.

This is a Democratic response to years of Republicans beating them over the head with power grabs, and then taunting them with it. Taking human hostages as leverage, shutting the government down, refusing to vote on common sense spending bills, refusing to put up SC nominees for votes because they want to stack the courts, threatening national emergency power grabs, etc.

The GOP has resorted to thug tactics to get what they want, but now they've finally gotten just a little taste of their own medicine, and at the hands of a person they hate with the intensity of a thousands suns.

Can you imagine the muffled sound of Individual 1's tiny little fists against the doors?:lamo

It's petty, very petty, but the best chess move she could buy. Until now, no one save Justin Trudeau and a few others no one has stood up to Trump's bully threats.

And, get used to it, petty will rule from now till 2021 with the man-child in office where every verbal slight has to be crushed with an M1 Tank, this shames him. And you are correct, I would pay dearly to watch how he deals with this, certain at least one aid will be fired.

He's used to women giving in, he hates strong women why he detests Hilary, and Pelosi is his junior in rank, and she's barring the door.

Being held to task by a woman kills votes on the right, and creates new, female votes on the left. You could say that this is Trump's worst nightmare...all the power of the White House, the most powerful position in the world, a man with demi god tendencies sent begging by a grandmother?

It's going to be an historic and ugly fight.

He should hold it at marlago

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As ridiculous as shutting down the federal government for a stupid wall to pander to his deplorable base while pretending its some sort of crisis that republicans did nothing about for 2 years while they had both branches of government?

Yeah, sorry, right wing hacks don't have a say in what is nutty

I don't think Trump understands how the government works. The Speaker can order the Sergeant of Arms to not let Trump inside the House chamber. He needs to be invited & that won't happen with the shutdown in effect.

Does Pelosi not understand that the Speech can be given without being in the House? The speech can be given in the Senate House, The White House, on National TV, hell...it can even be given over twitter. All this is doing is making Pelosi look like an errant child....along with anyone that supports this idiocy.

Almost as ridiculous as the leader of the executive branch thinking he can demand the legislative branch grant him entry?

Do you have any idea how ridiculous THAT sounds?
It's all petty. Very petty. And an embarrassment to our country.
Why are you posting lies? She did no such thing. She said to wait until the government re-opens and then he would be welcome.

Why do Trump supporters lie so much?

Not a lie. Pelosi doesn't get to change the date of the SOTU because SHE refused to negotiate and get the gov't fully opened.

I think this goes beyond Trump.

This is a Democratic response to years of Republicans beating them over the head with power grabs, and then taunting them with it. Taking human hostages as leverage, shutting the government down, refusing to vote on common sense spending bills, refusing to put up SC nominees for votes because they want to stack the courts, threatening national emergency power grabs, etc.

The GOP has resorted to thug tactics to get what they want, but now they've finally gotten just a little taste of their own medicine, and at the hands of a person they hate with the intensity of a thousands suns.

Yeah. I don't know. I used to advocate for the Dems taking the high road but the last ten years have made me rethink that. Due to GOP behavior, a Dem decision to take the high road quite literally means falling on one's sword. So, yay, they can stand on principle. But not only they but we get screwed every time they do it.

**** it. Give them everything they've given, and give it in spades. Might as well get a little "winning" in if we're going down with the ship....

So, if Trump grabs the door handle, will the Sergeant-of-Arms grab Trump?!? :lamo

He should hold it at marlago

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not enough Clorox to clean up all the head explosions that would cause.

Back
Top Bottom