• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi tells Trump no State of the Union on Tuesday

Man, he so knows exactly how to lure in the stupid Dimwits.. :)

Go Trump! I'd love to see the Speaker of the House physically refuse the sitting duly elected President the opportunity to deliver the SOTU in the house of representatives.. You sure about that one, Nanc? :)

Tim-

It is a lie. And there is no set date for the SOTU, so Pelosi does have power to help decide when and how it is delivered.

Pelosi is not denying Trump the opportunity (which she couldn't do anyways), merely when, where and how. If the government opens, then she has said Trump is welcome to deliver it the way it has been delivered in the recent past.

There is no set date for the SOTU ... and it's not even required that it be given in speech form.

It is a lie. And there is no set date for the SOTU, so Pelosi does have power to help decide when and how it is delivered.

Pelosi is not denying Trump the opportunity (which she couldn't do anyways), merely when, where and how. If the government opens, then she has said Trump is welcome to deliver it the way it has been delivered in the recent past.

Trump is reported to have just said that the SOTU is cancelled.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426649-pelosi-tells-trump-no-sotu-on-tuesday

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Wednesday she will block President Trump from delivering the State of the Union address in the House chamber on Jan. 29.

In a letter to Trump, Pelosi said she would not move forward with the legislative steps needed for the address to take place.
=============================================
I don't think Trump understands how the government works. The Speaker can order the Sergeant of Arms to not let Trump inside the House chamber. He needs to be invited & that won't happen with the shutdown in effect.

Really, In her first letter to Trump, Pelosi said Trump should cancel because of security issues. However she never talked to anyone in any department to verify if there was a security problem. And it's been reported there never was a security issue. This was done strictly because she hates Trump. No wonder so many of her party wanted her OUT.

There is no set date for the SOTU ... and it's not even required that it be given in speech form.

SOTU “cancelled” according to Fox; ‘she’ doesn’t want to hear the truth........

Does Pelosi not understand that the Speech can be given without being in the House? The speech can be given in the Senate House, The White House, on National TV, hell...it can even be given over twitter. All this is doing is making Pelosi look like an errant child....along with anyone that supports this idiocy.

I think Pelosi is well aware that her decision to disinvite Trump from giving the SotU speech isn't the same as removing his first amendment rights. He's just going to have to accept that it won't be from the House per tradition.

SOTU “cancelled” according to Fox; ‘she’ doesn’t want to hear the truth........

Way to go, Pelosi!

Poor flailing Trump. Poor flailing Fox.

Go Trump! I'd love to see the Speaker of the House physically refuse the sitting duly elected President the opportunity to deliver the SOTU in the house of representatives.. You sure about that one, Nanc? :)

Tim-

She does not have to

All she has to do is refuse to let the media set up in the House.

President Trump has unlimited options. Nancy has none. Political dumb move of the year.

what are you willing to wager that tRump will not be able to deliver the SOTU from the House chambers on the 29th

avatars, signatures, voluntary time out?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426649-pelosi-tells-trump-no-sotu-on-tuesday

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Wednesday she will block President Trump from delivering the State of the Union address in the House chamber on Jan. 29.

In a letter to Trump, Pelosi said she would not move forward with the legislative steps needed for the address to take place.
=============================================
I don't think Trump understands how the government works. The Speaker can order the Sergeant of Arms to not let Trump inside the House chamber. He needs to be invited & that won't happen with the shutdown in effect.
And somehow Pelosi's intransigence comes back to Trump? She tried to claim security was going to be a problem and had that blow up in her face, no she's blocking for no reason and somehow that's on Trump?

Really, In her first letter to Trump, Pelosi said Trump should cancel because of security issues. However she never talked to anyone in any department to verify if there was a security problem. And it's been reported there never was a security issue. This was done strictly because she hates Trump. No wonder so many of her party wanted her OUT.

Yet she got voted in....Deal with it

Tim-

The House has Security and they would be required to deny entry.

She won't, she'll just hang in there being her stupid self. No wonder a lot of members of your party wanted her OUT.

Not anymore. Whatever reservations some Democrats may have had about her, she has earned her place as Speaker since retaking the gavel many times over. She's exactly who we need as Speaker right now and Democrats get that.

Edit: see post 70.

She does not have to

All she has to do is refuse to let the media set up in the House.

And... Trump will bring the media with him, trailing behind his entourage.. Enter, give them a half hour to set up, and then begin. trust me, Trump is already 10 steps ahead of where ole Nanc is on this.

In any event, Pelosi will lose this battle, and her head will explode once again. How many times has her and her loyal followers heads exploded this past two years? LOL

He's playing her like a fiddle

Tim-

Trump can go find some other venue which he can fill with cheering sycophants. The media will cover it. That's his main goal.

I strongly disliked Pelosi ... up until about three weeks ago!

I'm rooting for her now. She has made a couple of missteps. But she's doing very well considering the chaotic clear-and-present-danger-in-chief whom she must manage.

And... Trump will bring the media with him, trailing behind his entourage.. Enter, give them a half hour to set up, and then begin. trust me, Trump is already 10 steps ahead of where ole Nanc is on this.

In any event, Pelosi will lose this battle, and her head will explode once again. How many times has her and her loyal followers heads exploded this past two years? LOL

He's playing her like a fiddle

Tim-

For one thing, they would be breaking the law, and be subject to arrest. So would every guest Trump invites, and every Senator.

Secondly, it takes days to set up.

Almost as ridiculous as the leader of the executive branch thinking he can demand the legislative branch grant him entry?

Do you have any idea how ridiculous THAT sounds?
It's all petty. Very petty. And an embarrassment to our country.
Why are you posting lies? She did no such thing. She said to wait until the government re-opens and then he would be welcome.

Why do Trump supporters lie so much?

Oh. I wasn't aware Trump demanded entry to deliver his SOTU in the house.

She can keep the media out.

So go ahead, Trump. Talk into that mic

It's a short walk from the House chambers to the Senate chambers.

It's the speech, not the place, that matters.

Trump is reported to have just said that the SOTU is cancelled.

actually, i believe he said that at Nancy's direction

Back
Top Bottom