• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi says Trump's reported debts are a national security issue

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s debts reported by the New York on Sunday raised national security issues, U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Monday, adding that the public deserves to know to whom he owes money.

Pelosi, in an interview with MSNBC, said it was not clear who held the debts and if it involved different countries, which could hold leverage over the Republican president: “To me this is a national security question.”
=====================================================
I've started a thread about this in the Conspiracy Theory forum. I believe that Trump is in some way indebted to Putin, so this becomes a national security issue.

I honestly believe any candidate for President should have to go through for a clearance background check. Do it under an different name or have multiple people do it to see the results, if they pass or fail.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Pelosi would sell her own child at this point, so this is a headline?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s debts reported by the New York on Sunday raised national security issues, U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Monday, adding that the public deserves to know to whom he owes money.

Pelosi, in an interview with MSNBC, said it was not clear who held the debts and if it involved different countries, which could hold leverage over the Republican president: “To me this is a national security question.”
I've started a thread about this in the Conspiracy Theory forum. I believe that Trump is in some way indebted to Putin, so this becomes a national security issue.
As another poster stated, time to change the rules so that any Presidential candidate whether or not in office yet or not has to go through a background check to receive the security clearances they will be required to have. In the case of trump he would never pass, that I know for a fact having held several myself.

I honestly believe any candidate for President should have to go through for a clearance background check. Do it under an different name or have multiple people do it to see the results, if they pass or fail.

Yes, we need to change laws. Never again should we let a candidate lie and dodge releasing information

As another poster stated, time to change the rules so that any Presidential candidate whether or not in office yet or not has to go through a background check to receive the security clearances they will be required to have. In the case of trump he would never pass, that I know for a fact having held several myself.
I wouldn’t have a problem requiring of all people running for public office

I wouldn’t have a problem requiring of all people running for public office
Agree, right now only those in Congress that sit on committees that require a clearance get them, I think everyone elected to the State of Federal Legislatures, Congress, Governors and President and VPs should have to pass them, think many would be surprised how many could not pass.

of course it is.

what idiots don't know that???

Yes, we need to change laws. Never again should we let a candidate lie and dodge releasing information

Then tell Congress to get off their asses and do their job they were elected for: write and pass laws for this nation of ours.

Congressmen and judges, too. Anyone who wants to work for the government, regardless of branch.

I challenge Pelosi to prove she's not a national security threat.

trump business as usual.

There's no way that could be rigged...lol. Not to mention it would be unconstitutional.

why in the hell would the American people need to know where a con man and grifter, who's broke, has massive debt (in foreign countries).

what bad could possibly come from that?

Nancy Pelosi's constant talking is a global warming threat.

I noticed that you go with the personal insult, rather than deal with the facts beyond the statement.

Back
Top Bottom