• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi says the House will move to impeach Trump if he doesn’t resign ‘immediately.’

Aunt Antifa

Vaccinated-American
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California said on Friday that the House would move to impeach President Trump over his role in inciting a violent mob attack on the Capitol if he did not resign “immediately,” appealing to Republicans to join the push to force him from office.

In a letter to members of the House, the speaker invoked the resignation of Richard M. Nixon amid the Watergate scandal, when Republicans prevailed upon the president to resign and avoid the ignominy of an impeachment, calling Mr. Trump’s actions a “horrific assault on our democracy.”

“Today, following the president’s dangerous and seditious acts, Republicans in Congress need to follow that example and call on Trump to depart his office — immediately,” she wrote. “If the president does not leave office imminently and willingly, the Congress will proceed with our action.”

IT’s really the only way forward. Even if it doesn’t end with the GOP removing him, it will handcuff him.

And more importantly: it’s the right thing to do.

Sure...impeach Trump, then impeach Pence, and then SHE can move into the WH for a few days.

IT’s really the only way forward. Even if it doesn’t end with the GOP removing him, it will handcuff him.

And more importantly: it’s the right thing to do.
I agree. It's the best option to move forward. There isn't enough time for it to be effective, but doing nothing sends the wrong signal.

Sure...impeach Trump, then impeach Pence, and then SHE can move into the WH for a few days.
It's a stupid thought from Peolosi - and a waste of time.

The awesome part of that 'plan' is would be that if Trump and Pence were removed, Pelosi would have to resign her current position. She would be at the mercy of the governor of California - if he wanted to reappoint her. He would be under pressure to appoint someone more diverse.

We can impeach that ****er within 8 hours if we really wanted to it wouldnt be a waste of time. I think we should also impeach pelosi though and get a new speaker she owns a yacht she pays zero taxes on.

It's a stupid thought from Peolosi - and a waste of time.

The awesome part of that 'plan' is would be that if Trump and Pence were removed, Pelosi would have to resign her current position. She would be at the mercy of the governor of California - if he wanted to reappoint her. He would be under pressure to appoint someone more diverse.
Where is this idea coming from that Pence will also be impeached?

Where is this idea coming from that Pence will also be impeached?
If she can do it to Trump with spin and nonsense, she can do it to Pence.

And she's next in line.

Seriously...do you think someone who used election fraud to steal elections would NOT use impeachment to get to the WH?

And she's next in line.

Seriously...do you think someone who used election fraud to steal elections would NOT use impeachment to get to the WH?
So basically, it's a conspiracy theory that has nothing to do with any stated intent of Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, et al?

So basically, it's a conspiracy theory that has nothing to do with any stated intent of Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, et al?
She won't state her intent. She'll just do it.

I mean, if they’re still screaming election fraud *after* the tape and *after* Trump demanded an insurrection, what did you think you were gonna get? ;)

Ok, it's a conspiracy theory. Thanks!
Why not?

We've been spouting off with conspiracy theories for years. One more is as good as all the rest.

I mean, if they’re still screaming election fraud *after* the tape and *after* Trump demanded an insurrection, what did you think you were gonna get? ;)
See what I mean? Here's another one.

And she's next in line.

I predict that you'll be the last man standing, the last one claiming the election was stolen.

Why not?

We've been spouting off with conspiracy theories for years. One more is as good as all the rest.

See what I mean? Here's another one.
I suspect the 'Trump must be removed' is more talk from Pelosi. She is from the school of 'speak loudly and shake a big stick!' school of thought.

I think impeachment is the right thing, if for no other reason that it will force GOP senators to once again go on the record supporting Trump. That mean TWICE they had an opportunity to put this asshole out of office and they refused to do so.

If Trump can be impeach (for real this time)..yes by all means do it.

But if it's just another attempt at virtue signaling, don't waste the taxpayer's money.

It will force Mitch McConnel to show his stripes even more as he fails to even bring it up for a vote.

But that’s about it.

You say the most random and absurd things sometimes. Acting like a bitter 12 year old. You shouldn't be carrying around this anger. It will eat you up inside.

Last edited:
I suspect the 'Trump must be removed' is more talk from Pelosi. She is from the school of 'speak loudly and shake a big stick!' school of thought.
Don't forget the "stab them in the back" part.

It will force Mitch McConnel to show his stripes even more as he fails to even bring it up for a vote.

But that’s about it.
There's acknowledgment that the trial portion in the Senate will begin after Jan 20th. McConnell will no longer be the head obstructionist.

There's acknowledgment that the trial portion in the Senate will begin after Jan 20th. McConnell will no longer be the head obstructionist.

...after January 20th, Trump can’t be impeached because he’s not the president.

Back
Top Bottom