• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi says she views Trump's warning about investigations as a 'threat'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...umps-warning-about-investigations-as-a-threat

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday pushed back against President Trump's declaration in his State of the Union address that "if there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."

"That was a threat," Pelosi told reporters after a Democratic Caucus meeting. "The president should not bring threats to the floor of the House."
===========================================================
Trump at least twice called for an end to 'investigations' as being necessary & coupled with economic & legislative progress. It was funny to watch Pelosi roll her eyes as he said these things. She now views them as threats: the Executive threatening the Legislative.

She should. The incoming USAG is not Rosenstein or Sessions....

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...umps-warning-about-investigations-as-a-threat

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday pushed back against President Trump's declaration in his State of the Union address that "if there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."

"That was a threat," Pelosi told reporters after a Democratic Caucus meeting. "The president should not bring threats to the floor of the House."
Trump at least twice called for an end to 'investigations' as being necessary & coupled with economic & legislative progress. It was funny to watch Pelosi roll her eyes as he said these things. She now views them as threats: the Executive threatening the Legislative.

Because it is a threat.

This goon has spent four years insulting, lying about, and fighting anyone who DARED question him, he was enraged when the media noted his inauguration was anemic, he invents nasty, childish names for his opponents and has been doing so his whole life.

He stand up in the House and reads a speech written by a team of others calling for, not offering, but demanding 'conciliation'

Anyone who believes Trump has magically changed overnight is up for some serious nightmares. That speech changed NOTHING.

Now, what he has to explain to his base how it is there will never be a "wall" paid for by Mexicans, reversing himself again and again.

Now he has nothing to show for all his belligerence and hate his boasts of accomplishments all lies.

If anyone thinks Trump will suddenly become co-operative weren't listening last night, he attacked the women for wearing white, their protest to the sexual assault epidemic in America.

If she thought about it a little harder she could probably come up with a reason to believe it's obstruction of justice and needs to be investigated. That or she could just go straight to impeachment.

It was funny seeing Pelosi sitting there looking like she was sucking on a lemon while Trump rattled off all the good economic news. How it must gall them that Trump is succeeding.

It was funny seeing Pelosi sitting there looking like she was sucking on a lemon while Trump rattled off all the good economic news. How it must gall them that Trump is succeeding.

The good economic news is only a continuation of the recovery begun under Obama. Trump has not done anything other than take credit where no credit is do.

Job growth 2001-2016.jpg

Because it is a threat.

This goon has spent four years insulting, lying about, and fighting anyone who DARED question him, he was enraged when the media noted his inauguration was anemic, he invents nasty, childish names for his opponents and has been doing so his whole life.

He stand up in the House and reads a speech written by a team of others calling for, not offering, but demanding 'conciliation'

Anyone who believes Trump has magically changed overnight is up for some serious nightmares. That speech changed NOTHING.

Now, what he has to explain to his base how it is there will never be a "wall" paid for by Mexicans, reversing himself again and again.

Now he has nothing to show for all his belligerence and hate his boasts of accomplishments all lies.

If anyone thinks Trump will suddenly become co-operative weren't listening last night, he attacked the women for wearing white, their protest to the sexual assault epidemic in America.

Please. Trump has been under a cascade of attacks from all quarters since election night in 2016. I agree that nothing has changed. Trump is offering an olive branch but if the Dems remain intransigent, he'll move ahead and do what is required. It should also be stated that we are talking about 235 more miles of wall. Listening to Dems you'd think it was running from Arizona to Georgia. Of course, we do need much more than another 235 miles and Trump should provide for that as well.

The good economic news is only a continuation of the recovery begun under Obama. Trump has not done anything other than take credit where no credit is do.

Right. Obama's economy just magically kicked in in year 9. The funny part is that you actually believe this. Obama could have had this economy within a few years of the 2008 recession but he didn't pursue the policies needed to make it happen. Trump has.

Please. Trump has been under a cascade of attacks from all quarters since election night in 2016. I agree that nothing has changed. Trump is offering an olive branch but if the Dems remain intransigent, he'll move ahead and do what is required. It should also be stated that we are talking about 235 more miles of wall. Listening to Dems you'd think it was running from Arizona to Georgia. Of course, we do need much more than another 235 miles and Trump should provide for that as well.

LOL! How big a sucker does one have to be not to see straight through the disingenuous, utterly insincere 'olive branch' that Trump is pretending to offer?

LOL! How big a sucker does one have to be not to see straight through the disingenuous, utterly insincere 'olive branch' that Trump is pretending to offer?

How the hell would anyone know it's insincere if they don't bother to show up? The Dems don't want to negotiate with Trump because to do so would mean having to give up something and they flatly refuse to do this. It's amazing how much fear and loathing the fringe has caused among the Dem leadership.

How the hell would anyone know it's insincere if they don't bother to show up? The Dems don't want to negotiate with Trump because to do so would mean having to give up something and they flatly refuse to do this. It's amazing how much fear and loathing the fringe has caused among the Dem leadership.

Everything Trump does is insincere. He's a pathological liar.

You, clearly, celebrate that about him.

Everything Trump does is insincere. He's a pathological liar.

You, clearly, celebrate that about him.

I like Trump's results. That is all I care about. Dems should like it too, but they care more about destroying Trump than helping the country succeed. That has been entirely clear for two years. They were all for border security, including additional barriers when Obama was there but now walls are "immoral". Tear down the ones around your estates, then. Yea, that'll happen.:2razz:

I like Trump's results. That is all I care about. Dems should like it too, but they care more about destroying Trump than helping the country succeed. That has been entirely clear for two years. They were all for border security, including additional barriers when Obama was there but now walls are "immoral". Tear down the ones around your estates, then. Yea, that'll happen.:2razz:

If you love corruption and incompetency, he's your guy. Dems are more interested in exposing that corruption and getting rid of the incompetency.

Why do you love corruption and incompetency? Why do you support the Russian mob?

And still no effort to punish employers of illegals.

At least I heard coulter talk bad about them on the daily show.

First time I can recall.

As to the rest of trumps "success", I'm not sure how much he can really claim as his nor how much its just the usual sugar high after a tax cut.

He lies and exaggerates so much its impossible to take him at this word.

And I believe nothing that smells of spin doctor. Which is pretty much everything disseminated on conservative media. All products designed to manipulate your emotions.

You want to know why America is so ****ed up?

Your side is propagandizing you and the other side is propagandizing them.

As long as that continues we will continue to be at odds with each other. That is it's purpose.

Divide and conquer. Old trick.

The post above you :ssst:

If you love corruption and incompetency, he's your guy. Dems are more interested in exposing that corruption and getting rid of the incompetency.

Why do you love corruption and incompetency? Why do you support the Russian mob?

I'm not even going to respond to such childishness except to point it out. You belong to the Child Party. Like children, they believe anything that Mummy Pelosi and Daddy Schumer tell them.

I'm not even going to respond to such childishness except to point it out. You belong to the Child Party. Like children, they believe anything that Mummy Pelosi and Daddy Schumer tell them.

LOL! I understand your rather desperate need to pretend that so you don't have to face the consequences of what is likely the most corrupt and incompetent administration.

But then, as I stated, you clearly love corruption and incompetency. This is going to be a very painful year for some people and I, for one, am very much looking forward to that.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled worship of a mobbed up, clinically obese Russian asset.

And still no effort to punish employers of illegals.

At least I heard coulter talk bad about them on the daily show.

First time I can recall.

As to the rest of trumps "success", I'm not sure how much he can really claim as his nor how much its just the usual sugar high after a tax cut.

He lies and exaggerates so much its impossible to take him at this word.

And I believe nothing that smells of spin doctor. Which is pretty much everything disseminated on conservative media. All products designed to manipulate your emotions.

You want to know why America is so ****ed up?

Your side is propagandizing you and the other side is propagandizing them.

As long as that continues we will continue to be at odds with each other. That is it's purpose.

Divide and conquer. Old trick.

It is the left that is driving the wedge in. Their mania about Trump makes them incapable of anything constructive. The absurd and impractical ideas floated by Harris, Ocasio-Cortez and others are merely shiny objects to entertain the party masses. As for punishing employers, neither party will do it because they both like corporate money too much. Trump doesn't need their money but would lose too much Congressional support if he tried to actually get tough on them. He should do it anyway. It's a winning issue for him.

LOL! I understand your rather desperate need to pretend that so you don't have to face the consequences of what is likely the most corrupt and incompetent administration.

But then, as I stated, you clearly love corruption and incompetency. This is going to be a very painful year for some people and I, for one, am very much looking forward to that.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled worship of a mobbed up, clinically obese Russian asset.

Yes, the continued economic success and drive to shore up our border will be painful for the left. But they will be unable to stop it, try as they might.

Yes, the continued economic success and drive to shore up our border will be painful for the left. But they will be unable to stop it, try as they might.

It's OK that you can't com to grips w/your love of corruption and incompetency.

Totally understandable.

WHAT!

Oh dear God. What a sickening post!

1000% off the truth, backing a man who lies on average 15 times a day, has childishly attacked every one of his opponents with stupid, inane nicknames, has lied about just about everything and YOU....

Child Party?

Go look at Trump's clips where he's talking about Hilary, or Pelosi, or Schumer. Childish!

Your master is a wreck of humanity that throws temper tantrums for not getting his way, childishly has fired everyone whose ever worked for him, and childishly boasted about his sexual prowess, his business capabilities and on and on.

I am socked you even raised the word "Child" as when I hear it today the first image is that shot of Trump, his lips compressed and pure evil pouring out of his eyes...

Childish!

That is so ****ing desperate.

I have been to four forums today and have seen but ONE item talking about what Trump said by a right winger, and HE was claiming victory even though there will NEVER be a wall.

You have nothing to offer. Now, so desperate, you accuse Trump's opponents of acting like children!

Gee, ah, I would say boasting about grabbing ******s is childish. Making up nicknames of opponents sure is, throwing temper tantrums on twitter sure is, in fact 90% of his twits are incredibly childish.

If there is a child in all of this, it is what you see as the last great hope of keeping America in the 19th century...and now you see the varnish where you thought was substance, a hero who promised so much now hamstrung, gee, no wall, no shut down, no national emergency, the man came to the fight, took the ring and went "meow".

That's why you re stupidly attacking others of being childish because your child isn't cutting it

Who gives a **** how this California cow perceives it.

Back
Top Bottom