• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi says Joe shouldn't debate Trump.

No need for Biden to debate Trump for the same reason you shouldn't debate trolls on forums. Trump is nothing more than the king of trolls.

Agreed

Unless there are.strict.rules demanding

that the debaters stay on topic or.their.mike is cut

Instant fact checkers who stop the speaker when an untruth is spoken and have him correct it immediately

Otherwise it will just be a repeat of the endless lies and name calling of Trump's recent pep rally

Last edited:
First, Biden says he intends on debating Trump. I listened to him while out on a run today. MSNBC had Biden on a phone interview and played Nancy's clip to him and he laughed and said he fully intended on debating but was also fully intending on serving as a fact checker to Donald Trumps lies. He stated that multiple campaign aides, including some former Republicans, stated he should not debate Trump without an actual fact checker on stage.

This goes back to what I've said in previous posts. I would agree with Nancy for the most part. You cannot debate with someone that tells lies. If you're going to come on stage and just spew false facts then there is no point in having the debate. Trump demonstrated this in his recent FOX News and Axios interviews, where both reporters called him out on his lies. Both times Trump had people rush off to get him proof, and both times they came back with information that proved he was indeed not correct.

Why debate with someone that is not going to be honest?

Biden will though. But I imagine he will be coming prepared with actual facts.

If Biden or his handlers insist on canned responses or pre-set questions, Biden will shredded as a fraud. You understand that, right? A brainless scarecrow can't be POTUS. End of story.

I don't care if he does or he doesn't. I don't watch the debates. Being a good debater isn't on my list as to what makes a good president.

So a brainless scarecrow is OK with you?

Lowest minority unemployment rate in history! ;)

Trump did nothing to accomplish it, unless you count not screwing up the system you inherited, what is it now?

How many votes do you think Biden will lose if he doesn’t debate Trump?

That's the rock and the hard place. If he debates, he'll lose millions. If he doesn't, he'll lose millions.

Well Trump isn't really good at debates, it's usually just a series of childish insults, bluster, and lost coherence. But the debates need to be had, and I think the Dems should stop pushing this "don't debate Dementia Don" line.

President Trump debated through 17 Republicans, and won. Then Hillary, and won. How good do you want him to be?

I listened to Pelosi’s entire statement, and my impression is that her position is an excellent example of an argument that’s absolutely correct that can end up in an incorrect conclusion. Yes, everything she said about trump and his vile behavior is absolutely true. Yes, debating him legitimizes him. But no, it’s not a good idea to not debate him. America needs to see these two people on the stage simultaneously so we can see for ourselves which path America should be on: decency vs evil.

I don't think they should debate until they both agree to be fact checked in real time and allow the moderator to have the person comment on their misrepresentation.

More important would be a neutral moderator. Screw that bias George Stephanopoulos.

President Trump debated through 17 Republicans, and won. Then Hillary, and won. How good do you want him to be?

I'd like him to not lie all the time, not resort to childish insults, and to speak well enough as to not be mistaken for a 6th grader.

My guess is Trump will get him all wound up about something, probably Hunter/$80K a month/No skill/Daddy influence/WTF, bla, bla, bla, and Ol' Joe will freakin' lose it completely.
Don't know if you've noticed, but Joe doesn't take criticism well at all. I'm sure they'll try to prep him, but Trump knows that and will just keep it up.
It should be pretty entertaining.

The fact is that the Leader of the Free World should have the ability to think and react on his feet, no canned responses or recordings. This is an inescapable reality.

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

I'd like him to not lie all the time, not resort to childish insults, and to speak well enough as to not be mistaken for a 6th grader.

Nevertheless, Trump won.

Back
Top Bottom