• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi says election not a rejection of agenda, Obama will be two-term president

Prof. Peabody

Debate MMA
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pelosi says election not a rejection of agenda, Obama will be two-term president

Jon Ward - The Daily Caller Jon Ward - The Daily Caller – Wed Nov 3, 10:40 pm ET

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who saw her powerful position taken from her in Tuesday’s landslide election, was adamant the day after Democrats lost 60 seats in the House that the results were not a rejection of the agenda pursued by President Obama and herself.

“Let’s understand the message,” Pelosi told ABC’s Diane Sawyer. “The message was not, ‘I reject the course that you are on.’ The message is it didn’t go fast enough to produce jobs.”

Pelosi, who would not comment on whether she will retire from Congress rather than go back to the minority, also predicted that Obama will be a two-term president.

“I believe that Barack Obama will serve eight years as President of the United States,” Pelosi said, citing the “investments that he’s made.”

“Some of them are longer term, because he thinks in a statesman-like way, and that’s why they didn’t get the full impact now.”

Pelosi’s first interview after losing power came just a few hours after Obama fielded questions from reporters at the White House. And though the president was fairly clear that he does not intend to change the direction of his policies, Pelosi was much more free in expressing how Democrats feel about passing legislation like the health care overhaul that cost them politically but created a “framework” for long-term structural change to a sector that comprises one-fifth of the economy.

Pelosi says election not a rejection of agenda, Obama will be two-term president | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

I think the Botox froze her brain. Just days before the election she predicted the Democrats would retain the House. Now predicts the largest landslide against the party in power since the 1930's isn't because of the agenda, but because it didn't work fast enough. That's joke.....right? Nancy, seriously. The only reason such a hugh landslide took place is because your liberal agenda was rejected and the majority don't like the direction your taking the country in. If Obama doesn't change his agenda we'll change it for him. If you and your party don't heed the warning just given, you have 21 more seats in the Senate as well as the White House to lose two years from now. The people have spoken Tuesday, ignore the message at your party's peril.

I now realize why she thinks the republician are the party of no. Registered republican voters are saying no, no, no, that is not what the majority of Americans are saying. Pelosi, when will you learn listen and understand. Nice spin though, just saying.

Have you ever in your life heard a politician from either party say that they're going to lose the next election?

They can't say that, because if they do they've just guaranteed it to be true.

I think Pelosi has lost touch with reality.

Have you ever in your life heard a politician from either party say that they're going to lose the next election?

Not only that, but such a sound bite would be quoted by conservatives verbatim every day for the next two years.

This version just makes conservatives roll their eyes and say "she craaaaaaaaaaaaazy," after which they dismiss it and move on.

Interesting watching John Boehner crying and Nancy Pelosi trying to cry..............

This just proves that Pelosi is nothing but a bimbo. She ****ed her way to where she is.

This just proves that Pelosi is nothing but a bimbo. She ****ed her way to where she is.

Watch the video and pay close attention to the looks on Reid's, Biden's and Obama's faces, they are priceless.

Just as the Democrats seem to have forgotten history now the Republians are forgetting something. In 1994, when the GOP wiped the floor with the Dems, people were saying Clinton would be a one-term president. Then, the GOP came up with an old fossil who had no chance of running and Clinton easily won a second term. Well, in 2010, the GOP again wiped the floor with the Dems. Does that mean that the GOP will take the White House in 2012? Not if the GOP puts up a clunker of a candidate?

Both political parties are overconfident in victory, and this is why they can never form a "permanent majority." It is just that the Dems tend to be more overconfident in victory than the GOP.

Just as the Democrats seem to have forgotten history now the Republians are forgetting something. In 1994, when the GOP wiped the floor with the Dems, people were saying Clinton would be a one-term president. Then, the GOP came up with an old fossil who had no chance of running and Clinton easily won a second term. Well, in 2010, the GOP again wiped the floor with the Dems. Does that mean that the GOP will take the White House in 2012? Not if the GOP puts up a clunker of a candidate?

Both political parties are overconfident in victory, and this is why they can never form a "permanent majority." It is just that the Dems tend to be more overconfident in victory than the GOP.

I don't care if Obama gets a second term or not. I just doubt he will run. Hillary is in a self imposed exile for a good reason. She has no voting record and precious little opinion record on the Democrats train wreck. Obama simply won't run because [insert cheap family related excuse here]. As long as he relegated to being a Christmas Tree, that's all I care about

Moderator's Warning:
The Daily Caller is an online only news source and as per the *BN* rules it belongs in *BN*-Blogs

Not only that, but such a sound bite would be quoted by conservatives verbatim every day for the next two years.

This version just makes conservatives roll their eyes and say "she craaaaaaaaaaaaazy," after which they dismiss it and move on.

Case in point. :lol:

Pelosi was a lousy SoH and here's why. Her job was to keep a majority of Democrats in the House and she didn't do that. She actually strong armed Democrats to vote for Obama Care KNOWING they will get shot in the mid-terms. So she failed miserably at the one job the speakers should be doing. I think this is why Democrats are calling for her resignation.

I think Pelosi has lost touch with reality.

Oh absolutely. What is more amusing though is that Republicans have done so as well, rallying against a President who enacted many of their ideas (some identical from Bush) while calling for him to veto any bill that costs jobs while pushing him to cut jobs. And their notion that they can cut the deficit to nothing without touching 85% of the spending.

Oh absolutely. What is more amusing though is that Republicans have done so as well, rallying against a President who enacted many of their ideas (some identical from Bush) while calling for him to veto any bill that costs jobs while pushing him to cut jobs. And their notion that they can cut the deficit to nothing without touching 85% of the spending.

The Pledge to America's deficit forecast would actually put us deeper into debt than the Obama administration's current plan...

“Let’s understand the message,” Pelosi told ABC’s Diane Sawyer. “The message was not, ‘I reject the course that you are on.’ The message is it didn’t go fast enough to produce jobs.”

polling data indicates the message depended whether the voter was liberal, conservative, or independent
http://www.gqrr.com/articles/2540/6153_dcor112010 CAFpostelection.FINAL.pdf

for republicans, opposition to Obama care, while under 50% (it was 38%) was the primary reason for voting against democrats in the midterm election

for the other groups, the outcome was due to the continued poor state of the economy

so, pelosi's comments were accurate, except for the conservatives

She actually strong armed Democrats to vote for Obama Care KNOWING they will get shot in the mid-terms. So she failed miserably at the one job the speakers should be doing.

Maybe she has beliefs or something. :shrug:

No. But, I've seen politicians say, "we better change our tune, or we're going to lose the next election".

In a sense, Pelosi is right. After all, I don't think anyone on either side of the isle can argue that Democrats lost because of their tax cuts or modest, largely insignificant reduction of the deficit. I look at the slow rate of job creation and go back to ancient political truth; that unemployed people dislike incumbents. This election was about job creation and public opinion can change in a very short period of time. The GOP would do good to remember that when the new congress is sworn in.

You say that as though you think she NOT craaaaaaaaaazy.

I think she's a politician, which by my definition means that she is to some degree or other craaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaazy, and completely unable to utter the truth to save her life.

I think the Botox froze her brain. Just days before the election she predicted the Democrats would retain the House. Now predicts the largest landslide against the party in power since the 1930's isn't because of the agenda, but because it didn't work fast enough. That's joke.....right? Nancy, seriously. The only reason such a hugh landslide took place is because your liberal agenda was rejected and the majority don't like the direction your taking the country in. If Obama doesn't change his agenda we'll change it for him. If you and your party don't heed the warning just given, you have 21 more seats in the Senate as well as the White House to lose two years from now. The people have spoken Tuesday, ignore the message at your party's peril.

Pelosi also said the dems would carry the house........

Back
Top Bottom