• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi says COVID-19 aid can't wait until September: 'People will die'

And yet, Nancy STILL wants to give away more than two Trillion dollars.

In any case, Nancy is trying to scare people over nothing. Nobody's going to die. Even if Nancy doesn't negotiate, Trump's EO's will keep people alive.

(Unless, of course, Nancy REALLY tries to **** Americans over by taking Trump to court.)

Trump is the one wasting money with his payroll tax holiday that helps people who have jobs while leaving the jobless in limbo. Neither party wanted it. It is all about Trump's needs and the wimps in the Senate are to blame. We could have been rid of the a-hole in January. That would have saved 10's of 1000's of lives too.

Why doesn't McConnell bring up the House bill for an up/down vote and negotiate from there? Not all of this falls onto the feet of Pelosi and the House ya know. Heck...where is the Senate even at during this?

There is no reason to bring it up for a vote when he knows it will not pass. Why doesn't Pelosi bring the Republican version up for a vote in the House and negotiate from there?

There is no reason to bring it up for a vote when he knows it will not pass. Why doesn't Pelosi bring the Republican version up for a vote in the House and negotiate from there?

Does the Senate have a version or is it the White House’s which no one seems to like? Don’t get me wrong, negotiations need to happen and soon. Trump’s EO are gonna be held up as unconstitutional while people suffer. Strip all the extra BS from one of the bills out there and put up a clean relief bill for a vote. Let’s see who really wants to help the people and who wants to continue to cater to their base.

And when did compromise become such a dirty word in the US?

They tried. The GOP showed up with bull**** and wouldn't budge.
And you believe in Easter Bunnies and Santa Claus, too. I bet. :roll:

Tell me about West Wing renovations and a new FBI building during this critical time?!
LOL, got anything but "whatabouts"? I'd guess both of those projects kept quite a few people employed - you have problem with people working? :eek:

LOL, got anything but "whatabouts"? I'd guess both of those projects kept quite a few people employed - you have problem with people working? :eek:

Deflection noted! What do those items have to do with the ‘relief legislation?’

I got your ‘whatabouts ‘hangin’!

Then she, and Schumer, should get off their asses and work with the administration to create bills that address real needs instead of the Dems Loony Wish List. The Dems have played this game repeatedly and their base sucks it up.

The Democrat House passed a new $3 trillion stimulus bill 2 months ago. What has McConnell and friends been doing during the past 2 months?

With Mark Meadows in charge of the GOP Senate response, they'll want to cut, cut, cut aid for Americans.

Trump is the one wasting money with his payroll tax holiday that helps people who have jobs while leaving the jobless in limbo. Neither party wanted it. It is all about Trump's needs and the wimps in the Senate are to blame. We could have been rid of the a-hole in January. That would have saved 10's of 1000's of lives too.

He has another EO for the ones without jobs...if they had a job, of course. The rest of the jobless don't get anything until they get a job. (Or, do you think THEY should get $600/wk, too?)

Anyone who believes what Nancy said should not be able to vote.

Reminder: The House of Representatives already passed a bill.

:lamo
Yes. They passed nonsense that they knew the Senate and President would not approve. That is called playing politics, and only idiots buy into it.

If they were truly serious they would have been trying to pass one all could agree with. But nope, not the Dems.

Does the Senate have a version or is it the White House’s which no one seems to like? Don’t get me wrong, negotiations need to happen and soon. Trump’s EO are gonna be held up as unconstitutional while people suffer. Strip all the extra BS from one of the bills out there and put up a clean relief bill for a vote. Let’s see who really wants to help the people and who wants to continue to cater to their base.

And when did compromise become such a dirty word in the US?

So, you're saying that not only will Democrats let people's lives be ruined by refusing to negotiate, they will also try to stop Trump's EO's in court, ruining people's lives.

So, you're saying that not only will Democrats let people's lives be ruined by refusing to negotiate, they will also try to stop Trump's EO's in court, ruining people's lives.

The Dems came down Trillion and are asking for a similar increase by the Whitehouse. The Senate has nothing to do with this they are AWOL. The Whitehouse is refusing to compromise under Trump orders. He wants to rule by decree like a King. Only 83 more days of this madness.

Looks like a little selective reading there. I said both sides need to get together, real negotiations, and get something passed. I’m blaming both sides more worried about playing to their bases than the American people.

You and I both know Trump’s EO does nothing for the folks that are hurting the most, but is just him trying to look as if he wants to help. The “ oh, so the EO’s going to the courts is the Dems fault and will hurt people” is a far right talking point that brings nothing the table to actually get to things done to help. The partisan crap needs to stop on this he new relief bill or thousands, if not millions, are going to become homeless and hungry.

That’s the question I was going to ask, but I’m hoping for a civil discussion as to why Moderate wants to try to put this all on Pelosi’s doorstep instead of both sides

Now watching Trump’s presser - he still thinks that if he wins, he has the power to eliminate pay roll taxes. Why does anyone fall for this??

You all sound like a bunch of kids pointing fingers and blame.

Both sides of the aisle are trash.

The Democrat House passed a new $3 trillion stimulus bill 2 months ago. What has McConnell and friends been doing during the past 2 months?
LOL, Yeah, the Dems repackaged the far left wish listed and gave it another try. :roll"
Rogue Valley said:
With Mark Meadows in charge of the GOP Senate response, they'll want to cut, cut, cut aid for Americans.
Preventing unemployment from becoming a profession is a good idea.

Deflection noted! What do those items have to do with the ‘relief legislation?’

I got your ‘whatabouts ‘hangin’!
Deflection? Hardly. Fact is people actually workings is the objective. People turning down work because they make more on unemployment is not. Even the $400/week comprises $10/hr on top of state unemployment. Here in California the max benefit is $450 a week (some states pay higher) - that equates to roughly $21.25/hr. Not bad.

LOL, Yeah, the Dems repackaged the far left wish listed and gave it another try. :roll"
Preventing unemployment from becoming a profession is a good idea.

Can you list or link to this far left wish list? I’d like to look at it.

Deflection? Hardly. Fact is people actually workings is the objective. People turning down work because they make more on unemployment is not. Even the $400/week comprises $10/hr on top of state unemployment. Here in California the max benefit is $450 a week (some states pay higher) - that equates to roughly $21.25/hr. Not bad.

Again, not addressing the question.....:shrug:

Again, not addressing the question.....:shrug:
LOL, you pull this **** every day. Toss up a wad of jabberwocky, pose an idiotic question and ignore everything else.

Clown post, bro. Clowns are gonna post clown posts, not your fault!

Clown post, bro. Clowns are gonna post clown posts, not your fault!
Sad that you get so confused over simple posts and concepts.

Moderator's Warning:
Rexedgar and Bullseye - knock it off now.

LOL!!

Yeah, yeah...everything is someone else's fault.

Pelosi and her insistence outrageous spending has nothing to do with anything.

Right.

:roll:

Next thing we know, you'll be blaming the ballooning deficit on Trump.

you guys elected him. this entire era is your fault.

but i realize you won't take responsibility.

you guys elected him. this entire era is your fault.

but i realize you won't take responsibility.

People in California elected Pelosi. Democrats in the House made her Speaker. Are you a Democrat? Do you support her?

If you do, you should stop blaming Trump and tell her to do her job.

Back
Top Bottom