• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi rips GOP leaders for sticking with Marjorie Taylor Greene (1/28/21)

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday unloaded on House GOP leaders for elevating freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene to a key panel, escalating pressure on Republicans to punish her for a long record of extremist comments.

Pelosi said Greene should not be seated on the House Education Committee after peddling a false conspiracy theory that the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary in 2012 was a hoax — remarks that Democrats say are among Greene’s most horrific in a broader trend of incendiary and at times threatening rhetoric.

“What could they be thinking? Or is thinking too generous of a word for what they might be doing?” Pelosi said Thursday of the GOP’s decision to seat her on that committee. “It’s absolutely appalling, and I think the focus has to be on the Republican leadership in the House of Representatives for the disregard they have for the deaths of those children.”
========================================================
Greene's comments & actions are appalling. She clearly shows how the Republican party is degenerating into a power-hungry mob.

Meanwhile, GOP House Leader Kevin McCarthy is down in Florida yukking it up with TheDonald.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday unloaded on House GOP leaders for elevating freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene to a key panel, escalating pressure on Republicans to punish her for a long record of extremist comments.

Pelosi said Greene should not be seated on the House Education Committee after peddling a false conspiracy theory that the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary in 2012 was a hoax — remarks that Democrats say are among Greene’s most horrific in a broader trend of incendiary and at times threatening rhetoric.

“What could they be thinking? Or is thinking too generous of a word for what they might be doing?” Pelosi said Thursday of the GOP’s decision to seat her on that committee. “It’s absolutely appalling, and I think the focus has to be on the Republican leadership in the House of Representatives for the disregard they have for the deaths of those children.”
========================================================
Greene's comments & actions are appalling. She clearly shows how the Republican party is degenerating into a power-hungry mob.
Maybe she should first take care of the crap people in her own party before she starts mouthing off about people in the GOP. For example...Swalwell.

I don't get Liberals, I really don't.
Why not let her speak, let the whole world read her posts and comments.
No surer way of turning more and more civil minded Americans away from the GOP.
Silence her, and the Right will scream censorship, call us Liberals "snowflakes."
Best way for people to see what the GOP is all about, is let their views see the light of day.

I guess I don't get this. Marjorie Taylor Greene, with her conspiracy theories and death threats against Democrats IS the modern Republican Party. She's only giving voice to what most of them think. She is hardly out of the mainstream of modern Republican thinking.

No...look over THERE!

different topic, nice deflection
for the record, bad is bad, if antifa does it nor qanon, so you won't be able to bait me with your whataboutism.
SHEESH!

different topic, nice deflection
for the record, bad is bad, if antifa does it nor qanon, so you won't be able to bait me with your whataboutism.
SHEESH!
There's a lot of people in her party that Nancy needs to deal with before she attacks the GOP.

Maybe Nancy should put a bell on this insane, little cat...

Greene is the present and future face of the Republican Party. But one day, probably not long from now, Greene will be the moderate and she will be replaced with the much crazier and more offensive version of herself. Remember that Al Qaeda looked upon ISIS and said, "Whoah, these guys are cray."

The Republican Party is going to get much crazier before they get more sane. And that's because they're specifically rewarded for their increased insanity rather than punished for it.

Last edited:
Greene is the present and future face of the Republican Party. But one day, probably not long from now, Greene will be the moderate and she will be replaced with the much crazier and more offensive version of her. Remember that Al Qaeda looked upon ISIS and said, "Whoah, these guys are cray."

The Republican Party is going to get much crazier before they become more sane.

Exactly, Greene makes the Michelle Bachmann of 10 years ago look reasonable by comparison and she was mental.

I'm telling you dude, this mass Psychosis is rooted in something beyond simply propaganda...

Sugar Consumption may be the culprit, but peoples brains are FUBAR'd.

This level of delusion by Trumpists is beyond all comprehension.

People will do what people will do, Nancy.

Not only that....this is why we can't trust information sources like "Wikipedia" anymore (if we ever could);

Marjorie Taylor Greene is an American politician, businesswoman, and conspiracy theorist serving as a U.S. Representative for Georgia's 14th congressional district.
Marjorie Taylor Greene - Wikipedia

All of our "information sources" have been corrupted by propaganda and thought-control for quite some time.

The Democrats under Pelosi shout "tolerance" but demonstrate intolerance...Act out on "conspiracy theory" as shown by both attempts to get Trump via impeachment...forgetting that ever since he was elected there have been attempts to impeach him for all sorts of reasons by Democrat members of Congress from well prior to the Ukraine thing.

Yet they attack this Congresswoman as a "radical," "conspiracy theorist?"

Neither Tlaib and Omar are Anti-semites. The major political party that suffers from systemic Anti-semitism is the Republican party.

I'm not intimate with Tlaib's sentiments, but I know that Omar has strong opinions about Israel. But there's a large and unsubtle difference between criticism of Israeli policy and the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion the Joos Will Not Replace Us" old world antisemitism thoroughly entrenched within the Republican Party.

How about a guy banging a commie spy for a couple of years being on the Intelligence Committee?

Exactly, Greene makes the Michelle Bachmann of 10 years ago look reasonable by comparison and she was mental.

I'm telling you dude, this mass Psychosis is rooted in something beyond simply propaganda...

Sugar Consumption may be the culprit, but peoples brains are FUBAR'd.

This level of delusion by Trumpists is beyond all comprehension.

Forty years of culture war has come to a head. These people have been told for over two generations that Democrats are a domestic enemy that needs to be wiped out. And guess what? That's what they believe now, and all that comes with that belief.

How about a guy banging a commie spy for a couple of years being on the Intelligence Committee?
Pelosi should have a “conversation” with him.

Not only that....this is why we can't trust information sources like "Wikipedia" anymore (if we ever could);

Marjorie Taylor Greene - Wikipedia

All of our "information sources" have been corrupted by propaganda and thought-control for quite some time.

The Democrats under Pelosi shout "tolerance" but demonstrate intolerance...Act out on "conspiracy theory" as shown by both attempts to get Trump via impeachment...forgetting that ever since he was elected there have been attempts to impeach him for all sorts of reasons by Democrat members of Congress from well prior to the Ukraine thing.

Yet they attack this Congresswoman as a "radical," "conspiracy theorist?"

She thinks that the Parkland shooting was a false flag operation for increasing gun control legislation. And if you agree with her, guess what? There's a pretty good reason she was voted into office.

Meanwhile, GOP House Leader Kevin McCarthy is down in Florida yukking it up with TheDonald.
The Census will be months late due to another Trump disaster. Redistricting and Reapportionment will be even later. DEMs are in deep shit and need this continuing GOP meltdown.

Back
Top Bottom